Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Right before the book cones out?
    Sometimes, they do it that way.

Here's the preview for next week's issue:
    https://www.superherohype.com/comics...n-life-story-4

spoilers:
    Looks like Otto might be using Ben for his new body, rather than Peter - makes a certai amount of sense, seeing as the whole Master Programmer thing kinda of overlaps with Superior in a lot of ways. Also I think we see for the first time a character showing up before their introduction to the Marvel Universe with Jessica Jones - who's dating Peter.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Here's the preview for next week's issue:
    https://www.superherohype.com/comics...n-life-story-4

spoilers:
    Looks like Otto might be using Ben for his new body, rather than Peter - makes a certai amount of sense, seeing as the whole Master Programmer thing kinda of overlaps with Superior in a lot of ways. Also I think we see for the first time a character showing up before their introduction to the Marvel Universe with Jessica Jones - who's dating Peter.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oooh, Peter is looking considerably older. And with Jessica?! I'm game. Also, whooo that new Suit is so, so clean!!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Also I think we see for the first time a character showing up before their introduction to the Marvel Universe with Jessica Jones - who's dating Peter.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That makes sense though. They went to school together, so Jessica would've been her modern comics age in the 1970s and could have appeared earlier than this. I wonder if she and Luke are divorced?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Kind of like all of the butterfly effect changes that implemented here.

spoilers:
    Tony totally regresses on all of his development due to personally getting involved in the wars. Also interesting how everyone was kind of expecting Pete to rebound with Felicia only for it to be with Jessica instead.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Wow! Not the way I was expecting that to go.

spoilers:
    Jessica Jones, huh? I really thought he was gonna be with Felicia, but this is okay. I like that Bagley drew her older, too. She can see the age on her, I really like it! I hope Peter having MJ and the kids' picture means they at least still stay in contact. I'm sure they do for the kids.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Jessica Jones got into a relationship with Scott Lang who was a divorcee in the original Alias comic before breaking up with him and choosing to be with Luke. So in this case, Peter's the Scott Lang guy.

Peter becoming an industrialist and running a company for 10 years is not something I saw the character doing after the end of the last issue. I kind of thought he'd go full Peter B. And also the other reason is I just don't think Peter's got any head for business. Just because you're smart, that doesn't automatically mean you can be rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Jessica Jones got into a relationship with Scott Lang who was a divorcee in the original Alias comic before breaking up with him and choosing to be with Luke. So in this case, Peter's the Scott Lang guy.

Peter becoming an industrialist and running a company for 10 years is not something I saw the character doing after the end of the last issue. I kind of thought he'd go full Peter B. And also the other reason is I just don't think Peter's got any head for business. Just because you're smart, that doesn't automatically mean you can be rich.
    Well Tony's trying to take over his company, so maybe Peter's not doing so great at the business side of things.

Well Tony's trying to take over his company, so maybe Peter's not doing so great at the business side of things.
    Exactly. Responsibility trumps all for Peter in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Jessica would be 48 now, same as Peter. That means she's had enough time to marry Luke (who debuted in the 70s, remember) and have Dani.... and Dani could now be all grown up! Perhaps Jessica is divorced?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You guys...Bagley is drawing 50 year old Peter like how he drew Richard Parker in ASM and USM. I'm going to tear up it's so beautiful. :')

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Didn’t a poster early in this thread claim up and down that no way the clone saga or Ben Reilly will be referenced in this mini, because it’s too unrealistic? Now, we’ll have two issues (70s and 90s) that heavily feature him. I love it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    spoilers:
    Didn’t a poster early in this thread claim up and down that no way the clone saga or Ben Reilly will be referenced in this mini, because it’s too unrealistic? Now, we’ll have two issues (70s and 90s) that heavily feature him. I love it.
    end of spoilers
    ymmv on what’s “realistic”, but the writer seems to be happy to use all the elements of spider-continuity without turning his nose up at any

it seems like he’s figured out how it all fits into a cohesive whole
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    ymmv on what’s “realistic”, but the writer seems to be happy to use all the elements of spider-continuity without turning his nose up at any

it seems like he’s figured out how it all fits into a cohesive whole
    Oh, I love it. I was referencing what someone else had said earlier in the thread. To be fair, they had a bias because they didn’t like the clone saga or Ben in the first place.

spoilers:
    It's pretty perfect Peter would end up hooking up with Jessica, considering if we remember the events of Alias, Jessica had a huge crush on Peter and he was actually almost about to tell her his secret, so that little "What if" is finally being paid off in some way, it's great!
    end of spoilers