Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

"Thunderbolt" a group of existing mutants (never before X-men) to having all new costumes and names with Prof X as leader.

My list :

Skein
    Poltergeist
    Link
    Vincente
    LightBright
    Max Rocker

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    "Thunderbolt" a group of existing mutants (never before X-men) to having all new costumes and names with Prof X as leader.

My list :

Skein
    Poltergeist
    Link
    Vincente
    LightBright
    Max Rocker
    You always make me happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    what the heck is that from?!?!?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Everybody gets a real job.

They're still X-Men, they still fight evil mutants and evil mutant-haters, but they all work day jobs to make ends meet. Scott goes back to that radio reporter job he had for one issue in the '60s. Some mutants keep their identities secret and some are "out" but everyone has to lead two lives, crime-fighting and regular work, the way Spider-Man and Superman do.

Most mutant characters (and this includes mutants who aren't on the X-Men) for some reason seem not to mingle much with people who aren't also super-types. I want to see what happens when they do. Everyone can get their own supporting cast and see if any of them become popular enough to become regulars.

Also, bring back Bernard the Poet, just generally.
    Every character needs to have a life outside of being a mutant. They all need at least one supporting character outside of the team. They need to have lives. Then stories can be written about them where the reader can actually care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The irony is that there's going to be fewer and fewer whales as they grow older — and yes, die off — so the Big Two are targeting a demographic that's shrinking year by year. My experience is that newer/younger readers are on average more likely to be among the segment of the fanbase looking for something that's going to grow and move forward rather than stay rooted in nostalgia.
    There are always new whales. Be honest with yourself and look at your own reading list. Half the comments in every X-Men review thread amount to "my favourite character was awesome/jobbed" and preview threads are the same with "where is my favourite character?" Marvel/DC are based on the same characters, it is why people buy them. They have been around that long not because nostalgia, because new readers want to read about them. And then those new readers get attached to the line-up/status quo they started with, and become what they once mocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what the heck is that from?!?!?
    Uncanny X-men, mid 450's, Claremont's "On Ice" Storyline. Can't remember specific issue. Of that entire run of his easily the worst storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonflyJones View Post
    Cancel the series.

Maybe one day when Marvel gets it together and they stop pandering to the pc crowd while alienating their other readers, they can bring back a real xmen book.

But for now...just throw the whole thing away
    I've actually never understood the upwelling of people in recent years complaining about the "SJW" aspect of X-books. I've been re-reading the entire run from the start this year and one of the things that made X-Men so interesting early on is that it dealt with racism, gender, and equality in ways that no one ever had from the start. Sure the idea of "equality" is on every corner these days so it seems like just another preachy book to some, but if you've read these titles at any point in the last 30-40 years it's not a shock that the topic would remain at the forefront. The whole conflict between the human vs mutant races is what a "real" X-Men book is and what makes them different from Avengers or Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Every time a Batman movie is made, a new generation is netted. Every time a Woman Woman movie comes out, a new generation is netted. Every time a new Spider-Man, or X-Men, or Avengers cartoon is made, a new generation is netted. This has been the standard operating model since the 40's/60's. There will always be niche characters that catch on(and disappear) over time, like the Spawns, Venoms, various Image comics, for example, but the big two have been on a roll for 80-60 years. Nostalgia is a communicable disease. It doesn't get completely set in amber like you seem to suggest, and just die off at some point. It morphs slowly with each generation, each iteration, but it persists.
    Yeah pretty much. Nostalgia isn't just stuck with comic book readers. People watch the latest Batman or Captain America movie and then those who become interested in the comics look for those characters. And that just feeds the process. A lot of these characters have been around for decades and have endured for that reason.

Just my idea..

An Uncanny X-Men team pulled from the former students. Cannonball, Magik, Moonstar, Warpath, Chamber, M, Hellion, Surge, Armor, and Wolverine (Laura). They would be the premiere X-Men team in the Marvel Universe. The first mission leads them in direct conflict of Magneto's new Brotherhood. Each issue would be a homage to a classic X-cover with the new cast.

X-Men West Coast- The team of Dazzler, Iceman, Jubilee, Boom Boom, Northstar, Rictor, Shatterstar, and Pixie head to the best coast. Misadventures in babysitting, dating shenanigans, and a team up with Mojo?!? And a can't miss Thanksgiving Annual guest starring Aurora, Anole, Bling!, Hindsight, and Longshot!

X-Force: Legacy- Professor Xavier finds himself lost in space with the students from the school (Hope Summers going by Cable, Kid Omega, Mercury, Broo, Dust, Rockslide.. others). Xavier gets an opportunity to redeem his self, his dream, and prove the future is still worth fighting for- but can he get the disillusioned students to follow suit?

And for the Senior X-Men, I'd have a X-Men Unlimited series, or maybe an Astonishing story that has them working in reopened X-Corporations.

My idea is the best, but I won't say it because I will use the immense financial and political power that I will inevitably gain to make it real.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    My idea is the best, but I won't say it because I will use the immense financial and political power that I will inevitably gain to make it real.
    John Bryne returns to a new X-Men book in the styling of Star Trek: New Visions using stills exclusively from the live-action film series?
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Build up on what has been Set up by the past writers.

After AOXman, the adult X-men come back, and meet Scott/Logan/Rogue/Gambit leading and dealing with the fallout from Disassembled.

A psychic meeting is set up. Mutant leaders from around the world all connected by omega level Telepaths.

The meeting will have people like
    Magneto, Cyclops, Logan, Storm, Jean, Emma, Exodus, Kurt, Warren, Bishop, and all other senior X-men, plus different mutant group leaders from across the world.

They discuss different plans and come up with a few distinct mandates the follow.

A faction will Terraform Mars and shape it into a world where mutants can live in peace (in a few generations 90% of all humans will be Homo Sapiens superior anyways, so this is just for biding time, not running away. Plus the world population is near 7 billion, having another perfectly habitable planet would be a plus)

A faction that stays on Earth, fighting for a world that fears and loves them. This will be divided into school centers around the world that train mutants in the use of the powers (not to become Xmen), then groups that are rapid mutant response teams, based in different states in various countries (x-corps from new Xmen) that help mutants in need and take care of new mutant manifestations. Then there are those dealing with mutant outreach, political drama, creating good mutant PR and so on. Maybe a secret kill team or two.

Basically the X-men on earth are still fighting to make the earth suitable for mutants to live, and the ones on Mars are providing a place for displaced mutants (like the hundreds that were kicked out of Poland, people that lied in Avalon or utopia or Providence). Telepathic suggestions placed people like Emma, Exodus, Jean, Rachel, Quentin makes sure that earth's governments and leaders and general flats can population don't know about it (it'll basically blank out of their brains).

We can have different story lines like diverging mutant cultures on earth and on Mars, then strengthening of bonds as wakanda and stark help with the technological development on Mars, and the inhumans/atlanteans have a place on Mars to stay.

The use of powerful mutants who can literally just create anything (Nate and legion), to channel their powers to shaping a world, following a blue print that hundreds of great minds have sat down to contribute to.

Then you have storylines about how to deal with a population where 50% can blow up the other 50% head when angry, dealing with all kinds of new crime (Is psychic rape like actual rape, should he be punished for shape shifting into me when having sex with his Girlfriend, all the technopaths hacking earth to transfer funds, how does the economy even work, why pay for Gas when I know a guy who can turn water to petrol).
    The use of mutants with specialized powers in industries (energy producing mutants, so our power plant's don't have to run at full capacity all the time, plant growing mutants working on mega farms, but what if a telekinetic doesn't want to help with moving heavy material in construction or transport, he just wants to smoke all day with his friends, should we force him? Should there be a quota of contribution that everyone has to make to the country every year),

are Telepaths controlling society to make sure everyone is following the rules, why do all the Telepaths act like a snobby superior upper-class, what do we do about the super-powered Street fights that keep damaging neighborhoods. Why does the XSE police force need more funding, can't they get a transmuting or technopath mutant that can build anything, how to be a successful criminal when everyone has super powers, why is the government forcing citywide mind melds at the end of every month to make sure we "have empathy and understand one another",

Should only trained and licensed individuals be allowed to use their powers, with everyone else restrained by collars or dampeners. Should all domestic homes and schools have power inhibitors to prevent accidents? Is beast adding something to the city's water, why is roxxon building on Mars, should stark have branches there too? Will Worthington be happy with losing their monopoly?

What about mutant music and TV? Mutant culture and life? Why are we being led by a council? We want a president we voted in. Is there prejudice towards thee inhimans living there

What happens when Apocalypse hears this and decide to make himself king or cull the weak, or when sinister thinks this is the perfect place to setup shop, or when sabertooth and Mystique Form a gang just to have fun, or when galactus thinks the could be a nice snack, or when thanos mistakes this for Earth or if the Phoenix disagrees with Mars having life. Or when a demons, vampires and other creatures start migrating there, can there be peaceful coexistence or stake to the heart!

Take people like Scott, Jean, Warren, Storm, Logan, Collosus, beast, Iceman, Kitty and other classic Xmen, with generation x people and half the new Xmen kids to Mars, take the new mutants, wolverine and Xmen kids, with the other new Xmen kids and let them run wild on earth.

BANNED

We need another Star Trek/X-Men crossover.

BANNED

Kill off most of the cast and leave maybe 10 characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Kill off most of the cast and leave maybe 10 characters.
    Just think of how many "Return of ..." events we can get out of that.

All-New Member

I’d love to see the X-men expand to operate on a much larger scale.

Hellfire Club: Give me a book surrounding Emma’s Hellfire club. I’d like to see her utilize those resources to create branches throughout the world, and each one stands as a safe haven for mutants. Potential differences between what Emma is creating, and what the X-Men are doing is that the Hellfire Club is very exclusive, and requires an audition to be a member. The mutants need to show the inner circle how their powers can be useful. They also have a more aggressive way of teaching. I picture the inner circle, and the club itself to be made up of reformed villains, who are not afraid to get their hands dirty to achieve their goals. They still fight for the good of mutantkind, and will still protect any mutant, but in a much more aggressive way than the X-Men do. Potential members for Emma’s Inner-Circle could be….

Banshee
    Dazzler
    Magma
    Havok

Starjammers: The X-Men have had a lot of space adventures, and having a book focused around a team of space pirates could be incredibly fun. I’d like to see a lot of interaction with the Imperial Guard. I think the Guard needs to have more storytime, as there’s so much potential there. Out of the imperial Guard, members that I think would be pretty awesome in the Starjammers would be Oracle, Nightshade, Astra, Manta, Hussar, TItan, and Starbolt. I’d also like to see Cerise thrown in there as well. She has such a cool look, and deserves more time in the spotlight. I think her time served as a personal aide in the Shi'ar Empire creates potential for a lot of story lines. I also wouldn’t mind seeing Lifeguard, and Slipstream thrown into the mix as well, and even though it might be odd, Deathbird as well. I guess that would make a potential roster…

Corsair
    Hepzibah
    Ch’od
    Raza: He definitely needs to be fleshed out. A Cyborg pirate? C’mon, so much potential
    Cerise
    Oracle
    Nightshade
    Hussar
    Titan
    Starbolt
    Lifeguard
    Slipstream
    Deathbird

If I were writing, my first story-arc would have the original 4 working with Abigail Brand, and S.W.O.R.D. in some sort of low-key mission to steal something Brand wants, and they pick up a couple stray teammates along the way. It is a rather large roster, so maybe they wouldn’t all be on the same team at once, or it could get split up into smaller units.

I think bringing back the XSE would bring a new dynamic as well. Sunspot could run a unit in South America, Storm could open one in Kenya, or even Wakanda, Sunfire in Japan, and Psylocke in England. I think it would be awesome to have one located in Atlantis as well, but I’m not sure who would be a good fit for that. I want to say Loa, as she has that atlantean amulet, but she might be too inexperienced for that.

Something else that I think could bring a new spin to things would be having Rogue and Gambit run a thunderbolts type team filled with reformed mutant villains who want to do better. Potentially the team could look like….

Rogue-Leader
    Gambit-Second in command
    Frenzy
    Random
    Avalanche
    Spiral
    Vanisher
    Phantazia
    Sauron
    Scanner

Anyway, those are just some things I’d like to see