Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

take a page from thanos and randomly kill half the xmen create before 1990. They complabe that there are too many characters with half dead theyed have to use the newer xmen.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Please no. I want Jean alive and his take on romantic plots has hurt everybody involved forever
    I doubt he'd kill Jean again, wasn't his plan to bring her back immediately anyway but editorial blocked it? His romantic plots made those relationships more interesting than they'd been in years. Perfect couples are boring and not every marriage works out or is free of rough patches from time to time.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    His romantic plots made those relationships more interesting than they'd been in years. Perfect couples are boring and not every marriage works out or is free of rough patches from time to time.
    He could have broke jean/scott and made scemma in a way better way. Instead we got probably the most toxic story on the history of the X-men to this day. I mean people don't shut up about that mess to this day but not because it was good. it is because they way it was done made a lot of people hate Cyclops, Jean and Emma. I don't want more of that regardless of who fucks who.
    Morrison is like Claremont a brillaint writer with a great legacy but he already gave everything he could to the franchice. Bringing him back isn't going to replicate the success
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-23-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Mighty Member

More interactions outside their little X-Bubble. Characters like Leech were able to grow in books like the Future Foundation, jarring as it is to see him speak in full sentences in the first person.

Armor should be interacting with the Avengers, Beast with the Fantastic Four, etc.

BANNED

Morrison sucks, bring back Lobdell and make X-Men fun again

Someone uses the Infinity Stones to gender-swap the whole X-franchise.
    The young Wolverine is the guy, and the old one is a woman.
    Storm is a drag queen though.

BANNED

Freshening up the books is super easy. Just don't do stuff we do every damn year.

Let's not:

Hook Jean up with Scott

Have Wolverine fight hand ninjas

Do any corny extinction plots

Do any stories where Mystique shows up and we don't know why

Group up the same characters again. No more Colossus, Storm, and Crawler on the same team for a while.

Continue with the dumb "check the background for your favorite unused character" thing. Just effing mix new characters into the regular rosters. Not hard.

Use the same roster of villains without adding new ones.

Stretch 2-issue stories into 6 or 7 issues

Go a single, solitary issue without exemplifying a defining character trait. EVERY ISSUE should tell you something about the personality and overall goals of at least one the main characters AND how that personality or goal jives/conflicts with one or more of the other main characters.

The biggest criticism I can bring against the franchise currently is that the characters don't get defined, which means the stories don't really make you care and stick with you after you close the Comixology app.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Give Hickman unrestricted access to the entire X-character playpen to write some crazy fun epic story.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Deadpool gets a speech impediment. A persistent stutter perhaps.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Spectacular Member

Have a mysterious villain wipe the memories of the adult X-Men characters and only the New X-men/New Mutant generation remember their old lives. They go on a big adventure to try to solve the mystery. Maybe have some of the old guard they can't live without remember but they're mostly instructing the younger mutants, similar to old-school Xavier. After a few years, reveal the big villain behind it and bring back the status quo.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because the whales that buy the majority of comics are powered by nostalgia. They want the heroes of their childhood to remain with them forever, and throw a hissy fit when someone changes that. The level of hatred I've seen for the new Spiderman cartoon with Miles Morales is crazy. Laura got a ton of flack for being Wolverine.

Marvel doesn't want to upset them because the people who want to see the series move forward are more selective of what they buy. A whale might buy every collector's edition, while those who want the series to move might just set comics that have their favorites, and not get them day one.
    People are very cynical. Everyone is a fan of something. I don't think death should be permanent because most characters die for stupid reasons or very stupidly. A lot of people actually think death in Marvel is permanent and freak out, so i think Marvel is smart to not make death permanent. Fans have already voiced their thoughts on dead heroes. I think a lot of people, including myself ñ, are happy to see Jean Grey and Cyclops come back from the dead, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    People are very cynical. Everyone is a fan of something. I don't think death should be permanent because most characters die for stupid reasons or very stupidly. A lot of people actually think death in Marvel is permanent and freak out, so i think Marvel is smart to not make death permanent. Fans have already voiced their thoughts on dead heroes. I think a lot of people, including myself ñ, are happy to see Jean Grey and Cyclops come back from the dead, and wouldn't have it any other way.
    Then the problem is that they kill them off stupidly, not that they shouldn't stay dead. Make their end a natural conclusion to that characters story and all is well.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Give Hickman unrestricted access to the entire X-character playpen to write some crazy fun epic story.
    It’d be another mutant extinction event, but with added organisational charts and a logo.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    It’d be another mutant extinction event, but with added organisational charts and a logo.
    Probably right but I’d still like to see what he could do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Freshening up the books is super easy. Just don't do stuff we do every damn year.

Let's not:

Hook Jean up with Scott

Have Wolverine fight hand ninjas

Do any corny extinction plots

Do any stories where Mystique shows up and we don't know why

Group up the same characters again. No more Colossus, Storm, and Crawler on the same team for a while.

Continue with the dumb "check the background for your favorite unused character" thing. Just effing mix new characters into the regular rosters. Not hard.

Use the same roster of villains without adding new ones.

Stretch 2-issue stories into 6 or 7 issues

Go a single, solitary issue without exemplifying a defining character trait. EVERY ISSUE should tell you something about the personality and overall goals of at least one the main characters AND how that personality or goal jives/conflicts with one or more of the other main characters.

The biggest criticism I can bring against the franchise currently is that the characters don't get defined, which means the stories don't really make you care and stick with you after you close the Comixology app.
    yes to all of this a thousand times, you really hit the nail in the head DoR
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”