Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    A new title would spin out of the promotion.

Ed Brisson presents....

INHERMANS!
    I. Just. Choked. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I'm sorry, but characters like Eye-Boy and the billionth Asian phenom "Nature Girl" and Shark Girl are fucking wack in that they're uninspired creations. This is the case for all of the WaTXM characters.
    Same could honestly be said about every troupe of X-Brats after GenX honestly.

At least Eyeboy was different in some way.

Angel had wings. That was it. Iceman could throw snowballs. Beast could jump around. Cyclops shot a simple sci-fi beam. Jean could move stuff. The team worked.

Colossus was a big man who hit hard. That was it. Thunderbird was also a big man who hit hard. Wolverine had little knives in his hands.

Sunspot could get super strong sometimes. Rahne could turn into a dog.

Like, for real. The new characters aren't less conceptually rich than the old characters. Old characters used to be simpler ability-wise and they were better for it. The new kids are simple. The old characters just got developed more. Power-wise, they would often develop too much. But they were characters, above all. The Shark Girls and Globs are more inspired than most of the franchise's output in the last century.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    No More Sliding Timescale.

Characters age, grow old, retire, move on. If death isn't permanent, then there needs to be EXTREMELY extenuating circumstances to undo it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Dead means dead. Hold firm to that statement and you start the slow process of making super-hero comics meaningful again.
    Both of these for me.

Would love to see characters age in real time.

Death has lost its meaning in comics because the characters come back five minutes later.

I was looking forward to the idea of the return of the Uncanny title but I don't like the core team and from what little I've seen there seem to be too many characters to keep track of.

I said in a previous post on another thread some time ago that I think the X universe needs to be completely reset, say after some type of 'AoA' event.

Personally, I'd like to see one (two at most) X-Men titles and a New Mutants style companion monthly, with other characters featuring in something like an Unlimited title or their own infrequent limited series.

I guess there are just too many characters now for that to happen.

Aight, here's my X-Men pitch. A force from the past returns. Stronger than Pooky. Stronger than Firebird or any alternate timeline and future. Magneto and The Brotherhood of West Coast 90's Hip-Hop. Their smooth beats and chill verses annihilate all of the old head X-Men except Wolverine. Now Logan must gather up the young characters from the 80's and onward to form the most Uncanny East Coast record label ever. Drama, romance, and vicious diss tracks. Children of the Wu-Tang.

Here's a crazy idea: Let's put an effort and bring the best talent there is back on the X-Books. Maybe it'll work? I wonder.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why'd that little boy turn into sunny-side up?
    Tsk. Not a 90's kid I take it. lol That's Alex Mack
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Se...d_of_Alex_Mack

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Here's a crazy idea: Let's put an effort and bring the best talent there is back on the X-Books. Maybe it'll work? I wonder.
    Not enough creative freedom for then to come

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Aging in real time is dumb when you deliver new stories on biweekly/monthly basis. Unless you just want stand-alone stories told in each and every issue between the characters creation and retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Aging in real time is dumb when you deliver new stories on biweekly/monthly basis. Unless you just want stand-alone stories told in each and every issue between the characters creation and retirement.
    Especially when you consider the use of decompression, it is completely insane. A story like Astonishing X-Men with the Shadow King and Proteus spans, like, what, a few days, and was published over the course of an entire year. Red may have been a few weeks or so tops, again, over a year.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Their target audience now is only in their 30s and 40s: the people who grew up with the X-Men animated series in the 90s. Those people will be around for a long time.
    Speaking as a young reader that plan is more than likey to backfire

BANNED

I would absolutely LOVEEE to read a team that looks something like this:

By the way the artist is dimaiv-nov and I would love the writer to be Ed Brisson or Chris Yost and Craig Kyle

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    I would absolutely LOVEEE to read a team that looks something like this:

By the way the artist is dimaiv-nov and I would love the writer to be Ed Brisson or Chris Yost and Craig Kyle
    *sigh* It just goes to show.

Marvel could do more to create "The named artist", personally I really like this artists work.

Of those characters I really only interested in Kid Omega, and Hellion... the rest I wouldn't blink if they died drowning in a lake of molten lava.

However... the art changes everything it makes one move from *uninterested* into *interested* almost immediately.

Also interesting based on the previous comments.

COULD an artist make it more appealing with Shark Girl instead of X-23?
    Could it be done with Eyeboy instead of Prodigy..?
    Glob instead of Hellion?

See theres nothing wrong with ugly mutants but... its hard to make the Non-humans, demi humans more compelling.

No its easier to just take the best looking supermodels and make a xbook. So thats what people either A. expect or B. Going to keep drawing when they get a chance.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Reboot the franchise IMO.
    The franchise has become too convoluted with all these time-travelling characters, deaths and resurrections, and lack of a role in the Marvel universe.
    Some powers like telepathy are also massively overpowered and need to be nerfed/ defined more properly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrystaliaArmadia View Post
    Some powers like telepathy are also massively overpowered and need to be nerfed/ defined more properly.
    I'd love to see a telepath in some non-X-book who is constantly having to explain to her teammates that she's not a *mutant* telepath, and can't wipe memories or instantly teach languages or skills or create psychic illusions or control people's minds or hang out on the astral plane or 'mind blast' people or translate any language or affect emotions. She's *just* a telepath, able to send thoughts, and read minds, no extra free powers, and certainly not the entire powerset of people like Karma and Mirage and Cypher and Scanner and Trance and Prodigy and Mesmero and Empath, in addition to mind-speech.

That and ranges are inconsistent. Nothing inherent to the power says it necessarily is any 'louder' than a human voice, or that a telepath could 'speak clearly' across a large room, let alone a city or a continent or the world. Spock manages to get **** done with *touch range* telepathy! While that's an extreme case (for a dude surrounded by people with no powers at all, and hardly comparable to what we expect from an X-Man), not every telepath needs to be 'Omega class' and have a planetary range.

Same for weather control. A weather controller who can't throw zaps out of their hands, and can't control winds finely enough to fly around and still be able to hear and speak (since any wind strong enough to lift him off the ground would be pretty noisy) could be interesting, if only because we'd get to see him do stuff like affect temperatures and humidity, create fog, use winds offensively, etc. that Storm has mostly given up in favor of chucking lightning at peeps. (To be fair, if I could chuck lightning bolts at peeps, I'd probably also see every problem in my life as needing a 'chuck lightning at it!' solution...)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-15-2018 at 01:24 PM.