Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    have I told you how much I love you!!! well said.

I was hoping for all straight white and male.
    We've got enough of those

Mutant Gourmet nation. A mutant cooking book showing the best chefs who are conveniently mutants and the mutant owned restaurants..

First up: SUmmer's Pizzeria.
    Second: Dane and Maximoff's Coffe Bistro.

More to come!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Get rid of the school. Spread out X-Men operations beyond just one core team. No more hokey superhero costumes.

I'd settle with just half.
    Thanos approves.

Retcon almost everything that came during and after Morrison’s run. Only keep a few things; like New X-Men, Wolverine’s X-Force, and Necrosha.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Do a hard, definitive time jump (like walking dead show recently did, but an even bigger time jump , something like 10 years in character ages). Put every a-lister in a supporting role with brand new; well-created mutants being the main characters. Supporting characters ( former a-listers) can be anything from teachers, politicians, mentally broken hermit agoraphobics due to their years as a super hero finally catching up to them. Whatever. Just have them be available and sought after by the new guys for guidance and advice. Give lots of different perspectives.

Maybe the xmen don’t even exist anymore. Maybe something very dramatic happened and mutants are now not common at all (though not being hunted or killed). Mutant birth rates are very low. With the a-listers all doing their own thing and not wanting to get back into the thick of things, new Young mutants (the few that exist) feel the need to form up some unofficial group to address mutant concerns.

The supporting characters can still have plenty of panel time. But less than the new characters.

Perhaps storm is back in Kenya enjoying a more simple life. Jean is mentally ill due to all the trauma she’s endured or she’s a well adjusted mental health professional. Iceman runs a gay youth outreach group. Cyclops teaches at/ runs an orphanage. Maybe some of the a-listers are perma dead. Mutants are no longer being hunted or pushed to extinction which is why the xmen formally disbanded, but there are still micro events involving mutants that make the new kids want to take action and seek out all the former xmen for advice and guidance. (Think how gay rigjt have come a long way legally, but day to day conflicts still occur. Imagine a similar scenario for mutants).

Do I think it would work necessarily? Probably not. But if I was going to take a huge risk it’s somrthing I’d consider doing.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Grey, I think your idea is better suited for an AU future. And nothing about that means it can’t be a big thing. Just, when you do something that drastic, I think it ought not be in the main universe. This is something I feel like a lot of writers have been having trouble with lately. Everyone wants to leave their mark so badly that they screw with what works and leave things mangled beyond quick repair.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Grey, I think your idea is better suited for an AU future. And nothing about that means it can’t be a big thing. Just, when you do something that drastic, I think it ought not be in the main universe. This is something I feel like a lot of writers have been having trouble with lately. Everyone wants to leave their mark so badly that they screw with what works and leave things mangled beyond quick repair.
    Yea, I can see it being better suited for an AU.

But what I’m saying is, if the xmen were doing very poorly in sales (kinda like when Claremont took over), I think this is something drastic I’d do. What’s left to lose if the franchise is on the brink of cancellation.

Maybe the thread was more interested in less drastic ways to freshen up the franchise but I went with the worst case scenario: xmen comics on the brink of cancellation.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Kill off Charles Xavier and Magneto. Have the X-Men disband. Then spread out all the A-List X-Men characters across the MU. This will “retire” the big names from the X-Men, but keep their publication going.

• Storm in a Black Panther book.
    • Jean Grey in an Avengers book.
    • Beast in an Fantastic 4 book.
    • Iceman in a Spider-Man book.
    • Kitty Pryde in an Iron Man book.
    • Psylocke in a Captain Britain/STRIKE book.
    • Rogue and Gambit can keep their duo book.
    • X-23 in a Young Avengers book.

Wolverine can stay as a solo character. Give Nightcrawler and Angel a buddy street-level book that's similar to Daredevil or Luke Cage/Iron Fist (play on the whole angel/devil dynamic). Give Dazzler and Northstar a buddy book that spans across the MU and isn't X-Men-centric.

Have the lesser known characters also feature in other books: Dani Moonstar should be the premiere Valkyrie for Thor and Magik can be an apprentice for Doctor Strange.

Cyclops can reform and lead a Starjammers book in honor of his late father's name. This will include characters like Moondragon, Cerise, Korvus, Raza, Hepzibah, etc.

Now, for the premiere and sole X-Men book --

Hire an extremely high-quality creative team that will sell well. Title this book Superior X-Men, which centers on Polaris rebuilding Genosha. Her team can include Bishop, Frenzy, Sunfire, Forge, Marrow, Quicksilver, and Emma Frost.

Leave the superheroics to the Avengers and have the Superior X-Men focus on mutants-- the world-building, political climate, culture, and drama of Genosha. This run should last quite a few years with very minimal interruption of editorial mandates and crossover events.

Eventually, have a giant event that's highly marketed by Marvel to bring back most of the X-Men together. In the last few years, we'll find out which of the A-List X-Men who found success in the greater MU books are and KEEP THEM THERE.

Start rebuilding the X-Line with new concepts and diverse teams (something that a few years of building Genosha would help do) -- for example: a Genoshan-based school (with the Academy X students) and Emma as the leading role of teacher; a B-List team that's more light-hearted and deals with grounded issues (like PAD's modern X-Factor run); and a Bishop-led secret X-Force team tasked by Polaris (similar to Cyclops tasking Wolverine to lead an X-Force).

As I said earlier, this will allow the big names to still be regularly published (just not in X-Men books) and allow the lesser known X-Men to rise and take focus. And a book about a society that's heavily populated by mutants would be something fresh for the flagship X-Men.
    Last edited by gifted; 12-13-2018 at 12:20 AM.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    she always will
    When she isn't morphed into a white woman?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Make MCU X-Men movies, so that they put the X-Men comics on the high priority list because of synergy.

Lol jk.
    Good joke brah
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Also, bring back Bernard the Poet, just generally.
    Yes for this!!

Sandy Hausler

Nothing out of the ordinary would just like to see the universe of X-mens and mutants expanding and out of school or the US as well as the mutant culture rather than decimation, alternative realities, and schisms again.

I really do not understand why school in the US is the only one? That does not make sense.

It is true that the situation in today's world implies an increase in conservative and anti-immigrant opinions but that does not mean they are majority or that there are no countries with a reception policy or with respect to civil and human rights. In fact the economic potential for mutants should be something that many companies would like to explore.

Well in the spirit of the topic and at the same time to validate what I want to see in mutant comics how about exploring the subject of mutants as weapons of mass destruction?

For those who watched The Irregular at Magic High School anime is a concept very similar to the X-mens in various aspects and which would be easy to take to the universe of comics.

We would basically replace the wizards with mutants. Isolationism and relations between countries or world powers deteriorate when nuclear weapons cease to be a threat thanks to a new technology and in this scenario the mutants become soldiers and omega mutants are treated as weapons of mass destruction substituting nuclear bombs. As a consequence mutants gain protection and more freedom in society besides governing themselves and having their own internal rules but are considered weapons and used as soldiers regardless of age if their power is needed. Many mutants become military and groups begin to create mutants in laboratories using genetic experiments. In this scenario the prejudice still exists but due military strategic importance the mutants have a portion of the table although not all mutants are happy to be used as weapons or in experiences.

This would allow us to approach the subject of prejudice on another aspect and at the same time allow us to see mutants living out of school or developing a culture.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Scott goes back to that radio reporter job he had for one issue in the '60s..
    Practically every female X-Men (or any otehr super heroine) could get the job Marvel Girl had in that period -- model.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because the whales that buy the majority of comics are powered by nostalgia. They want the heroes of their childhood to remain with them forever, and throw a hissy fit when someone changes that. The level of hatred I've seen for the new Spiderman cartoon with Miles Morales is crazy. Laura got a ton of flack for being Wolverine.

Marvel doesn't want to upset them because the people who want to see the series move forward are more selective of what they buy. A whale might buy every collector's edition, while those who want the series to move might just set comics that have their favorites, and not get them day one.
    I don't think that's Marvel's rationale. If characters age even a little, they marry and become parents -- kids don't want to read books about parents; parents are the enemy. (Or something like that.)

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I don't think that's Marvel's rationale. If characters age even a little, they marry and become parents -- kids don't want to read books about parents; parents are the enemy. (Or something like that.)

Sandy Hausler
    And yet Dragon Ball is one of the most popular comics of all times. (But to be fair, Goku doesn't do a lot of parenting)