Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Not ever new mutant is X-Men material. Not even every powerful new mutant. Most of the Morrison and later kids don't have much in the way of heroic altruism. Many are just gag jokes.
    I see that for characters like Eye-Boy or Kid Gladiator, but why waste interesting, complex characters like Dust or Tempus?

Dust is an interesting character due to her concept and powers. However, what exactly has he done that makes her complex?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I would love to see Prodigy get some play. And Marisol. Other than that, I'm good on the new kids. Tempus particularly would never work on the main team for the simple fact that her powers are completely broken in terms of a usual superhero scenario. Bendis himself wrote her out.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Hire talented people

I would love to see Prodigy get some play. And Marisol. Other than that, I'm good on the new kids. Tempus particularly would never work on the main team for the simple fact that her powers are completely broken in terms of a usual superhero scenario. Bendis himself wrote her out.
    They were fine until he added 'easily controlled time travel' to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They were fine until he added 'easily controlled time travel' to the list.
    Illyana and Rachel technically have the ability as well, but they practically never use them because we already have more than enough time travel as is. Tempo was obviously the best time mutant. And Carey wasted her on some nonsense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They were fine until he added 'easily controlled time travel within her own reality' to the list.
    You missed that part.

A two or three year storyline set in an apocalyptic future where the world is divided into mutant kingdoms all vying for power.

Gambit would obviously be King of the Thieves Guild ie the blackmarket in this dystopian future and will be neutral in the power struggle as he mainly focuses on ensuring goods are flowing.

Mags could have his own nation in what was formerly Germany and Eastern Europe that is more aggressive towards other nations. Storm and Black Panther could control the African confederacy with Black Panther in control of Wakanda and a few neighboring former nation. Collusus, Kitty and Illyana rule Russia and its neighboring terroritories. Jean Grey can control the Northeast amd so on and so forth.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

More continuity & consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Dust is an interesting character due to her concept and powers. However, what exactly has he done that makes her complex?
    I didn't say Morrison made her complex, just that she is a complex character. She was in a 60+ issue run of New X-Men (counting Hellions + NM Vol 2) where she received a lot of development. I won't go fully in-depth but I appreciate that Dust, while not as protective of her friends as Hellion or Surge, is still one that stands up for them. She's a hardened pragmatist who is not afraid to call out BS when she sees it or defend herself by any means necessary, without being a cold-blooded killer. She isn't one-note like her appearances in Morrison's run.

Genuinely wondering, have you read the 2004 New X-Men?

Earth X had BP and Storm as leaders of the United States of Africa. Unfortunately, outside of AU/What-If's, etc , Marvel prefers to keep its universe fairly analogous to the real world, which I do believe is a detriment to creative storytelling. It is hard to believe the MU earth would still be using oil, for example, when there are Reed Richards, T'Challas, Forges, Starks and the like running around, not to mention mutants who can wield the very forces of nature. It stretches the suspension of belief to a breaking point.

Not ever new mutant is X-Men material. Not even every powerful new mutant. Most of the Morrison and later kids don't have much in the way of heroic altruism. Many are just gag jokes.
    Thunderbird was a xenophobe, Wolverine was a beta Deadpool who snogged on cigars, Kitty wore roller-skates, and Havok was Havok.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Genuinely wondering, have you read the 2004 New X-Men?
    I read it. Hellion, Rockslide, and Elixir are douchebag dude bros, Noriko is a case of trying too hard to make an interesting character(and failing), Mercury is an Alex Mack ripoff, and the rest don't even merit further discussion. Overall I find them cheap imitations of existing characters, and/or archetypes I don't care to read about. I'd only keep Prodigy because the X-books could use a black male character with smarts and hand-to-hand abilities, and because they aren't bring Synch back any time soon. Marisol from Storm's solo has an interesting power, fills a nice ethnic niche, and her specific form of rebelliousness resonates far more than someone like Quire or Armor.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

The new Xmen are fine. Same with Academy X kids. All the serious from WaTXM and Bendis and beyond are mad trash except Idie.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Thunderbird was a xenophobe, Wolverine was a beta Deadpool who snogged on cigars, Kitty wore roller-skates, and Havok was Havok.
    Thunderbird died in his second mission(and was completely valid in his hatred of the white devils). Wolverine proved himself a greater character in a few years than any of these kids have in 15, same for Kitty(even if she pretty much sucks under everyone other than Claremont), and Havok just sucks. No argument there.