Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Star Wars vs Firefly

Han Solo, Chewie, Luke and Leia vs Mal, Zoe, Jayne and Inara.

They get equivalent firearms, no other weaponry or equipment.

Rumble takes place in a large, 20th century shopping mall with two stories (there's a balcony along the 2nd that let's you see the first floor). They start at opposite ends on the second floor and cannot see each other at the start due to distance, angles, curvature, department store displays, etc, so at least one group must advance forward to encounter the other.

Star Wars characters from just after blowing up the Death Star, so Luke has not trained with Yoda yet.

Firefly characters from just after the first season.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 12-12-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I think Mal's probably going to win initiative and take one of the non-Luke opponents out immediately, which should shift the fight in Team Serenity's favour.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I think Mal's probably going to win initiative and take one of the non-Luke opponents out immediately, which should shift the fight in Team Serenity's favour.
    Not a fast draw, though. Opposite ends of a large mall. They can't even see each other at the beginning.

I should clarify in OP. Will revise.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 12-12-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Mal makes sure to get a disguise from one of the clothing stores

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Pre Yoda I don't think Luke could even force push boxes over or anything cool to distract people.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Mal makes sure to get a disguise from one of the clothing stores
    Mal's free to do this, but the mall is otherwise empty. No civilians.

Sorry, forgot to mention in OP.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Not a fast draw, though. Opposite ends of a large mall. They can't even see each other at the beginning.
    Oh. Zoe probably wins this on her own then

Edit: In general though, I'm pretty sure the scenario slants things heavily in favour of the team with Zoe, Mal, and Jayne. They're the one who will be taking advantage of their surroundings and are proven effective at like, tactics in general. They're also more of a team and they know how to work with each other to create advantages
    Last edited by BitVyper; 12-12-2018 at 07:03 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Mighty Member

Yeah, Zoe is very quiet and moves very slowly and deliberately, using cover to maximum advantage. She's going to likely drop at least two before the others even realize she's firing on them.

Plus, the Firefly group as a whole has better feats for hitting their targets than the Star Wars crew. Not that Star Wars crew aren't great shots (ok, Luke isn't that great with a blaster), but Mal and crew have the better feats.

Also, equivalent firearms isn't really clear. Do they have rifles? Sniper rifles? If either, Jayne sets up someplace high and picks off the Star Wars crew at his leisure. A little clarity on what each group has actually changes the scenario, especially for the Firefly crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Also, equivalent firearms isn't really clear. Do they have rifles? Sniper rifles? If either, Jayne sets up someplace high and picks off the Star Wars crew at his leisure.
    They both start off on the second floor in an indoor mall. Don't think there's any "eagle's nest" to pin people down. I suppose they could pull the panels off the ceiling and maybe there's space to crawl around in there, dunno.

A little clarity on what each group has actually changes the scenario, especially for the Firefly crew.
    I left it unclear because if were standard firearms, I figured it would favor Mal & crew, and if it were blasters, it might favor Han & crew. Wanted as close to an equal fight as weaponry would allow.

However ... I was originally thinking that the weapons were paintball guns that shot globs of paint that acted like Xenomorph acid once fired. That way, the weapons are half-familiar and half-unfamiliar to each side, no one has full familiarity and an advantage from it.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 12-12-2018 at 10:01 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    They're the one who will be taking advantage of their surroundings and are proven effective at like, tactics in general.
    This just reminded me that Jayne actually tracked down Mal and Zoe and got the drop on them before Mal gave him a better offer to join his crew. Plus, he snuck up on Patience's sniper and took him out. We tend to think of Jayne as a big lumbering lug, which he generally is, but he's plenty sneaky too. Odds are high that the Star Wars crew die before they even get off one shot, no matter what weapons either side has.

This just reminded me that Jayne actually tracked down Mal and Zoe and got the drop on them before Mal gave him a better offer to join his crew. Plus, he snuck up on Patience's sniper and took him out. We tend to think of Jayne as a big lumbering lug, which he generally is, but he's plenty sneaky too. Odds are high that the Star Wars crew die before they even get off one shot, no matter what weapons either side has.
    Nope, Han will shoot first.