Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Batman Annual 3

I meant Tom Taylor is becoming more like Tom King.
    And yes, Injustice is great. However, that has nothing to do with this.

Excellent issue, I'm always wary of springing the extra money on Annuals, but this didn't disappoint. It seems to be a rarity to get an issue with awesome exciting action and also a touching story.

Although the villain may have seen rushed and dismissed quick, its a believable baddie for this day we live in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    So if we can get more of this Batman, that’s be great.

All of this

liked it a lot

Fantastic Member

King says he wants to make a more human and relatable batman. Well Taylor in one issue does that point better than king in his 61 issues. To busy to make a nonesensical romance with both characters out of character. Tomasi and Taylor know how to write batman well. Jones knows how to write catwoman King not so much

BANNED

Default Batman Annual 3

So i see on my facebook feed that this book is blowing up and is apparently the best thing that DC has put out since, well, ever. can someone spoil me?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    King says he wants to make a more human and relatable batman. Well Taylor in one issue does that point better than king in his 61 issues. To busy to make a nonesensical romance with both characters out of character. Tomasi and Taylor know how to write batman well. Jones knows how to write catwoman King not so much
    I am 100% in agreement with you.

I LOVED this issue. The whole Father's Day thing at the end was perfect. Great story about Alfred and what he means to Bruce. Sometimes Bruce takes him for granted. It was nice for someone to finally call him on it.

Spectacular Member

So I read this and liked it, good art, a nice personal Alfred/Bruce story with a disposable villain who intentionally merely serves as a backdrop to illuminate the Bat/Butler relationship (I feel The Drone could have supported a longer, more politically charged story, maybe enough to fill three issues). And then I saw the last panel and read the title of the issue. And started crying like a baby.

Tom Taylor is the best new(ish) mainstream superhero writer out there. Please get him onto a high profile title as soon as possible (no, not the second-string Spider-book, the MAIN Spider-book!) and let this man get the recognition he deserves. Preferably before Brian Misfire Bendis drive it into the ground.