Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Turning Henshaw into a tiny ball feels pretty like that.
    Darkseid didn't turn Henshaw into a ball. He destroyed his body and then captured his essence inside the ball. He even says so on panel.

He says nothing about destroying his body although he did say he stored his soul in the ball

However when cyborg was released he came out with his full body intact indicating at least some sort of transmutation had taken place

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    He says nothing about destroying his body although he did say he stored his soul in the ball
    I was talking about the giant spider like body he had before DS blasted him to bits.

However when cyborg was released he came out with his full body intact indicating at least some sort of transmutation had taken place
    That's seems to be a stretch. This just seems to be a energy field that trapped Hank in a ball. Henshaw is a technopath and always restructures his body.

I say this as the guy who 10/10 is the guy saying to Dork Knight in just tons of threads "you are looking at that scan and seeing things that aren't there."

It's a red shiny ball. Henshaw is a guy made of red shiny metal. This isn't really a huge leap he's making.

A better argument would be whether or not when Darkseid was going at Doomsday with the beams was Darkseid was trying to do something esoteric to Doomsday as well, or just zap him.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

TBH I'm not sure there's a huge difference as far as that story is concerned. Darkseid uses the Omega Effect to completely vaporize missiles Superman couldn't scratch or slow down. I feel like there's not a lot of blue sky between "turning sci-fi adamantium wannabe metals into vapor" and "turn Cyborg Superman into a tiny metal ball" when they are coming from the same eye beams, whose most famous function is just flat out erasing people. Kind of feels like Cyborg Superman, those missiles, and Doomsday were all subjected to the same force. The first two were both taken apart, Darkseid just bothered to put the first one back together again.

Mileage may vary.

Which is fine as an argument to make, I'd just see that as what the discussion here should turn on vis a vis Doomsday and transmutation, not the other thing.