Default Gipsy Avenger (Pacific Rim) vs Godzilla (2014)

The legacy of Gipsy Danger takes on the King of Monsters in his 2014 incarnation. Who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The legacy of Gipsy Danger takes on the King of Monsters in his 2014 incarnation. Who wins?
    Godzilla torches Gipsy

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Godzilla in this version has about 20 meters on Gipsy in height and is like... depending on which sources you read... like up to 30 times heavier. Gipsy has a lot of potent weaponry and is surprisingly agile but I don't think they can take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Godzilla in this version has about 20 meters on Gipsy in height and is like... depending on which sources you read... like up to 30 times heavier. Gipsy has a lot of potent weaponry and is surprisingly agile but I don't think they can take him.
    Not to mention is older than the dinosaurs and the nuke tests in 50s, 60s was trying to kill him. Which failed big time. ( Unlike classic 54 version, who suffered radiation burns and tumors, this sucker was not harmed at all. Not even skin burns.)

And yeah if Post muto, Godzilla can Just atomic breath.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Not to mention is older than the dinosaurs and the nuke tests in 50s, 60s was trying to kill him. Which failed big time. ( Unlike classic 54 version, who suffered radiation burns and tumors, this sucker was not harmed at all. Not even skin burns.)

I don't think we saw what condition Godzilla was in after being nuked? And he's also a radiation powered beast. I'm slightly skeptical of using nukes as the ultimate benchmark of his durability for the same reason I wouldn't use Superman tanking an exploding sun.

I do think the lizard wins this fight, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post

I mean, nukes don't really mean much since OG Gipsy took a nuke to the face with no issue. Gipsy Avenger should be on a similar level of durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean, nukes don't really mean much since OG Gipsy took a nuke to the face with no issue. Gipsy Avenger should be on a similar level of durability.
    Ehh. Timestamp 4:25
    https://youtu.be/66PM048ag2s

Dude was (judging on their sizes) like nearly a kilometer away? And protected by huge quantities of water. Even the visuals don't seem to suggest a huge roiling blast hit them. Only a split second of light and then seems more like a pressure wave.

A point blank detonation got rid of the other Yaeger just fine. Remember the bomb was on it's back, not internal.

Yaegers being nuke proof would take away from the "oh snap!" moment of realizing that the cat 6 Kaiju WAS nuke proof.

HOWEVER!! Stuff: Gipsy has fallen from high orbit right? Did it land on ground or water? Given the math of that, dude should be pretty well nuke proof lol. So either the nuke was WAY more potent or they werent thinking too hard beyond "this would look cool in a movie".
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I will say, a pressure wave /is/ the explosion. I'll buy that the thermal effects were mitigated by the sea being all around it but it still took a nuke pressure wave within... well, it's hard to say how far to be honest. Perspective is hard to keep square.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    HOWEVER!! Stuff: Gipsy has fallen from high orbit right? Did it land on ground or water? Given the math of that, dude should be pretty well nuke proof lol. So either the nuke was WAY more potent or they werent thinking too hard beyond "this would look cool in a movie".
    Gipsy Danger fell from low orbit-ish but slowed it's momentum with its chest thermal vent and hit the ground.

Gipsy Avenger did like a... low orbital rocket boosted earthstrike on the MegaKaijju which ripped the MegaKaiju apart but also destroyed Avenger into the bargain.

Both of them have caveats on it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Ehh. Timestamp 4:25
    https://youtu.be/66PM048ag2s

Dude was (judging on their sizes) like nearly a kilometer away? And protected by huge quantities of water. Even the visuals don't seem to suggest a huge roiling blast hit them. Only a split second of light and then seems more like a pressure wave.

A point blank detonation got rid of the other Yaeger just fine. Remember the bomb was on it's back, not internal.

Yaegers being nuke proof would take away from the "oh snap!" moment of realizing that the cat 6 Kaiju WAS nuke proof.

Landed in a Football Stadium.

It also fired its reactor with enough force to reverse descent briefly, though it still landed at terminal velocity I suppose. It also didn't handle the fall well. Had to shunt a lot of power/whatever to the shock absorbers, just about KO'd the Jockeys, and Gispy wasn't in the best of shape (after being carried to 50,000 feet OR hitting the ground).

It handled the heat okay, though, but not well enough to ignore Godilla's atomic breath.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Going just by 2014, the Avenger seems too agile. I think he could carve up Godzilla with his swords. The Godzilla breath doesn't seem any stronger than the heat blast the kaiju/mech dude hit him with.

I expect the new movie to give big g way better feats though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I don't think we saw what condition Godzilla was in after being nuked? And he's also a radiation powered beast. I'm slightly skeptical of using nukes as the ultimate benchmark of his durability for the same reason I wouldn't use Superman tanking an exploding sun.

I do think the lizard wins this fight, though.

Not like that in Legendaryverse.

And in Original Godzilla nukes may have empowered Godzilla, but it "hurt" Godzilla (54, also Shin follows this.)

In 2014? They did a prequel comic (canon) it was revealed nuclear tech brought the Kaiju out of hiding and Godzilla was tracking down a enemy kaiju bug who could crazy regenerate. At the end a atomic bomb went off in both their faces. The bug swarm thing died from the bomb (ANd yet it eats radiation too.) And Godzilla? He looked like he took zero damage from art work of him roaring within the mushroom cloud.

Feats for new movie? Seen the trailer? He can RUN now. Already proofing better than 14 incarnation. Plus the glow body stronger breath blast.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 12-14-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Unfortunately, we don't know how hot MonsterVerse Godzilla's Atomic Breath is or if it's hot enough to reduce Gipsy to molten slag.

Not like that changes anything. Godzilla is stronger and more durable than anything Gipsy Danger has ever faced.

need to withhold judgement on Godzilla's atomic breath till King of the Monsters comes out, cause apparently he was being suppressed the entire time by the Muto's EMP field, film novelization apparently said it was evolved specifically to dampen Godzilla's atomic breath(which is why it took him so long to use it in the film, and it was still damn effective against them)