Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Honey Badger is one of the reasons I gave up on X-Men Red.
    She's annoying as hell. Ugh.

I was expecting more from the climax of Red, especially since she called in the Avengers. I was waiting on this epic moment that never happened :-(

Honey Badger is a double edge sword for me. She's young so she's supposed to act like a teenager but there were some moments where she got on my nerves.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm very grateful for this book. It was the best way to reintroduce Jean after so long. It had flaws of course but the good things were more.

Gabby is the Chibi Moon of the X-world

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ok, I love Gabby, but I think saying she's the best character in the X-World is a bit much.

Gabby is the Dark Souls of the X-world

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Gabby is the Clubber Lang of fast food value menus.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If anybody here is both an X-Men fan and a Spider-Man fan, I hope we can all get as much joy out of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man as we did from All-New Wolverine and X-Men Red.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You had to go there. I can't stop thinking about Chibi Moon and her relationship with a horse.

I will say that I found Gabby somewhat enjoyable. I do think she received way too much attention in the book and it was obvious she was Taylor's favorite.

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Please give Taylor control of UXM after this awful relaunch event is over with.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

On to new things!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If anybody here is both an X-Men fan and a Spider-Man fan, I hope we can all get as much joy out of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man as we did from All-New Wolverine and X-Men Red.
    Spidey's in talented hands. Even I might pick it up.

BANNED

I want Taylor never to write Jean again. His Jean maybe the team leader, she avoided conflict too much. At least she could have defeated Cassandra and then had someone stick the nanites in Cassandra's ahead. But no, she just defended herself long enough for Nightcrawler to teleport Gabby's hand in her head.

Lame.

After Jean says how she held back for years due to her worrying about the Phoenix taking over, she never got to explore her powers at all. She still held back as if she feared the Phoenix taking over or that everyone would think she was Dark Phoenix, but this wasn't shown either. It's like Taylor took the Morrison Jean, and amped up her visionary aspects in very bad ways.

I mean, I'm glad she reached out to the Avengers and got them to help clear her name. I'm glad she reintroduced herself to the greater Marvel Universe, including partnerships with Namor and the Black Panther. Not cool with no real fights. And in what should have been her own book, she relied too much on teamwork.

Epic fail.

Great series. I really enjoyed it. Taylor is a great writer. The art was fabulous. I do hope Honey Badger is used more. Awesome character. I can name several characters that are being used regularly that are waaaay more annoying than Gabi.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Enjoyed his general direction and ideas for Jean and her team. Though I thought his execution and follow through could use considerable work. Still I can appreciate that Taylor actually cared for and enjoyed working with the X-characters and I can't be upset at that.

Thank's Tom, and the best of luck!!!!