Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post
    Please give Taylor control of UXM after this awful relaunch event is over with.
    We already know from the February solicits that Rosenberg is getting control.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Spidey's in talented hands. Even I might pick it up.
    I'll be glad to hear your thoughts when the comic comes out, then.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why? I didn’t like Multiple Man, I didn’t like what he did to some of my faves on the New Mutants. I did enjoy Resurrection a little bit.....why not give it to Thompson? I think she understands the characters better than him and Brisson.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Why? I didn’t like Multiple Man, I didn’t like what he did to some of my faves on the New Mutants. I did enjoy Resurrection a little bit.....why not give it to Thompson? I think she understands the characters better than him and Brisson.
    Thompson writes like five books at a time, she shouldn't be spearheading a massive chunk of the line with so many other commitments (They still gave Guggenheim a flagship).

Duggan would ideally get the book since he's one of those big, long-term idea guys who's Guardians and Deadpool runs are over, even though I want him on another Avengers book.

BANNED

For jobs like Marvel gigs, you gotta work the political angles if you want to get the offers. And it's likely nigh-impossible for a woman regardless. I wanted her on it too though, after reading her Rogue and Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Boy the standards have fallen.
    LOL, right?!?

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sigh, I try to stay away from solicits, but hey 2019 looks like a good year to dig back into my archives again...

On the bright side I have saved hundreds of dollars since I stopped collecting single issues. I can't believe at one
    time I easily pre-ordered 12-14 Marvel titles a month. Now I'm down to 1 trade a year, if that. Way to go MARVEL!
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post
    Sigh, I try to stay away from solicits, but hey 2019 looks like a good year to dig back into my archives again...

On the bright side I have saved hundreds of dollars since I stopped collecting single issues. I can't believe at one
    time I easily pre-ordered 12-14 Marvel titles a month. Now I'm down to 1 trade a year, if that. Way to go MARVEL!

Well if it isn't worth spending your money on..why bother?

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Well if it isn't worth spending your money on..why bother?
    Luckily now you can just go on Youtube and watch the digital comics for free.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

He also wrote the last five issues of Astonishing X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Thompson writes like five books at a time, she shouldn't be spearheading a massive chunk of the line with so many other commitments (They still gave Guggenheim a flagship).
    Yeah, that's exactly why. She's already on Mr and Mrs X, Jessica Jones, West Coast Avengers, and Captain Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Honey Badger is one of the best new characters in years.

I agree. And as long as I have to suffer through Pixie again, we may as well have Gabby. She at least adds humor.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Boy the standards have fallen.
    long gone are the days of academy x lmao

I really wish sapna had the popularity (and being shoe horned) as much as gabby is/was. she was such a cool character with a lot of potential and i was sad to see her go to limbo as soon as exm got cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Not a big fan of Taylor I think his run robbed Laura of much of her personality and made her more generic. I'm not able fan of scrappy either but I appreciate the passion Tom had for these characters.
    comparing kyle and liu laura to tom taylor laura you can see how he watered down laura personality, leadership and strategic abilities so much. Not as much as they're currently doing in uncanny but at least they have the excuse of uxm being a team book whereas reading a laura solo that was supposedly about laura healing from her traumatic past but all we got was a watered down personality, key element of her trauma solved in a snap of fingers ( don't get me wrong i'm glad laura is free of the trigger scent but i hate how it was executed with jean swooping it and solving everything in 3 panels instead of having a proper healing arc) have gabby be the quirky comic relief and no concrete and proper healing from possible traumatic events in her life. He never explored how laura truly felt with clones of herself running around with her knowing about it, the emotional tool it took her to kill kimura, working with daken considering the last time she worked with him he set her up as trap to men who worked at the facilities, he never mentioned her self harm or how as a sex trafficking survior it must of been incredibly triggering being touched by thousand of people because they needed her touch to live

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    working with daken considering the last time she worked with him he set her up as trap to men who worked at the facilities
    You skipped an arc. Laura and Daken's current status quo was set up during Wolverines. And they more or less made their peace at the end of Collision.