Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

When did Ursa Major become such a jerk??

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    When the first gallon of vodka went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    When the first gallon of vodka went down.
    Ha!

But seriously. I don’t remember him being like this, and certainly not a murderer in his prior appearances.

CC7E4210-338B-4158-A319-7BEAE5BB8955.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 12-14-2018 at 08:29 AM.

I absolutely loved the gathering of international heroes. I'd kill to get a regular book featuring this group, with a few more women added (maybe swap out Talisman for Shaman and bring in White Fox from South Korea, as well as someone representing the European Union).
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 12-14-2018 at 10:23 AM.

He was in prison same time as Bucky. Maybe he was mistreated.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    He was in prison same time as Bucky. Maybe he was mistreated.
    People do horrible things and have horrible things done to them in prison. That would make plenty of sense as reasoning for Ursa Major going down the path he seems to be on now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

When Jason Aaron got his hands on him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    People do horrible things and have horrible things done to them in prison. That would make plenty of sense as reasoning for Ursa Major going down the path he seems to be on now.
    We saw him recently working with Black Widow, and he was his usual polite but still bad ass self.

Aaron probably just came across him researching Russian heroes, and decided he liked the powers more than the actual character. So he simply flanderized him into being a lame Wolverine.

The book basically says Ursa Major was sent to the meeting by the Red Widow to try causing an international crisis. In light of that he's actually being so belligerant because he wants to cause a violent reaction from the other heroes.
    If that was what the authors wanted us to understand here, I have an issue with the way he's portrayed though: if the russians know about the Squadron Supreme as it's implied it makes no sense for them not wanting to strengthen their ties to an international coalition of superheroes independent from the USA. Also Ursa Major actually attacking T'challa really makes no sense. I can understand he trying to goad the Panther but the moment he attacks he's the one who's getting blamed, not T'challa. So much for the "cunning" ex kgb operative plan I guess.

Edit:

My money is on Phil Coulson being revealed as a secret supporter for the Avengers who was trying very hard to convince Ross and those calling the shots he really hated the Avengers.
    Last edited by Haquim; 12-14-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    We saw him recently working with Black Widow, and he was his usual polite but still bad ass self.

Aaron probably just came across him researching Russian heroes, and decided he liked the powers more than the actual character. So he simply flanderized him into being a lame Wolverine.
    I don't see how having Ursa being polite and playing with balls after being in a gulag for years is a positive for Rosenberg, but having him be unhinged when he was literally mauling people and being treated as the prison monster is a negative for Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    The book basically says Ursa Major was sent to the meeting by the Red Widow to try causing an international crisis. In light of that he's actually being so belligerant because he wants to cause a violent reaction from the other heroes.
    If that was what the authors wanted us to understand here, I have an issue with the way he's portrayed though: if the russians know about the Squadron Supreme as it's implied it makes no sense for them not wanting to strengthen their ties to an international coalition of superheroes independent from the USA. Also Ursa Major actually attacking T'challa really makes no sense. I can understand he trying to goad the Panther but the moment he attacks he's the one who's getting blamed, not T'challa. So much for the "cunning" ex kgb operative plan I guess
    The plan wasn't to cause any sort of incident, it was really just to rebuke any and all ideas of cooperation between the Russians and the Avengers in the most direct way. They don't care what the other nations think, and they don't want to form any unions with any foreigners even if it does make them stronger. Also, the Russians probably don't actually know about the Squadron, Ursa just picked up on the lack of US rep and used it to prod, and maybe he put together a connection.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I don't see how having Ursa being polite and playing with balls after being in a gulag for years is a positive for Rosenberg, but having him be unhinged when he was literally mauling people and being treated as the prison monster is a negative for Aaron.
    Well, until Aaron came along he wasn't in a gulag for years, so yeah...

Also, a raging animal type? Not exactly original.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    My money is on Phil Coulson being revealed as a secret supporter for the Avengers who was trying very hard to convince Ross and those calling the shots he really hated the Avengers.
    If that were so, the fact that he just murdered someone to that end would say that he was trying a bit too hard.

No, whatever's up with Coulson - and something certainly is up - it isn't just an elaborate con job on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, until Aaron came along he wasn't in a gulag for years, so yeah...

Also, a raging animal type? Not exactly original.
    He was a violent gulag prisoner in Brubaker's Bucky stuff years back. He was used by the prisoners to fight and kill any other inmate who fell out of line, and before Bucky he tore them apart. Bucky left him there, too. He should not be okay after all that. Even in Tales of Suspense, he was still a prisoner. Him being so chill in Tales of Suspense is what didn't make sense for the character, not him being unhinged.

He ate soldiers. .... He ate soldiers.