Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by seaturkey View Post
    Oh calm down. It was a joke. I make a few teases about the lousy effects of the Ip Man movies and you guys are all bent outta shape. You guys need to lighten up some.
    If this be a joke, make it more obvious. There are plenty of people who come in advancing arguments flying in the face of the rules. Even a little emoji will help.

Yes. Emojis help diffuse things. And thank you. I love the Guyver series, hence the avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yes. Emojis help diffuse things. And thank you. I love the Guyver series, hence the avatar.
    Gigantic Exceed!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

1: You mean machetes that seem to bend and flap in the open wind? I'd say Bourne can handle that
    2: 'knocking' guys into the air, like guys intentionally jumping and falling backwards when they get punched? Call me unimpressed.
    3: Jason Bourne has pushed groups of guys around with random objects, like all the time. In one instance, pinning a world-class assassin against a wall using a book (then proceeding to beat his with it).

4: Bourne's fights are against competent opponents, a bunch of slackers with rubber pads claiming they're wielding machetes is a few steps down from competent, just sayin'.

So, based on your criteria, Bourne wins.
    Bourne's fights are choreographed with shaky-cam and jump-cuts.

Based on your criteria, Ip Man wins because Bourne's never actually won a fight, the camera just zoomed-in on a guy slamming his face on a wall before cutting to something else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    twister was a beast. nuff said.
    Pft, no, its not. Bourne is a beast too, so it's not 'nuff said.' If you wanna say twister wins, fine whatever, but the argument that he's a 'beast' is just as applicable to Bourne, and therefore irrelevant, my dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Yikes he is basically a non Russian Ivan Drago.

But seriously, I hate movies that paint the West as bad or the reverse based on plot. Just, a trope that annoys me.

But seriously, I hate movies that paint the West as bad or the reverse based on plot. Just, a trope that annoys me.
    For what it's worth, the next boxer, Franky, is portrayed better than Twister despite still being a bad guy.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Pft, no, its not. Bourne is a beast too, so it's not 'nuff said.' If you wanna say twister wins, fine whatever, but the argument that he's a 'beast' is just as applicable to Bourne, and therefore irrelevant, my dude.
    never said bourne isn't a beast. just pointing out that twister is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    never said bourne isn't a beast. just pointing out that twister is a beast.
    And Franky was even more of a beast!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

And Franky was even more of a beast!
    again, nuff said.

BANNED

LOL, this guy is no where near Ivan Drago's level. That statement is laughable, especially if you trying to impress me with Twister in this video, cause you failed big time. I saw nothing particularly impressive by him, just a lot of standard boxing technique. Bourne would murder him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFnmq5PPScA

Now there's a real fight, and it ended with Bourne's opponent, a world class assassin, choosing to kill himself than have to face Bourne anymore.
    Last edited by seaturkey; 12-21-2018 at 04:26 PM.

LOL, this guy is no where near Ivan Drago's level. That statement is laughable, especially if you trying to impress me with Twister in this video, cause you failed big time. I saw nothing particularly impressive by him, just a lot of standard boxing technique. Bourne would murder him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFnmq5PPScA

Now there's a real fight, and it ended with Bourne's opponent, a world class assassin, choosing to kill himself than have to face Bourne anymore.
    And again, Twister is just too physically strong for Bourne to take on in a straight up fist fight. Bourne's more skilled but he isn't beating Twister without weapons. Ip, as has been shown in the video clips, is considerably stronger than Jason Bourne and beating Twister took everything Ip had. Twister did cheat in the fight, sure, but his raw strength and durability are clearly through the roof.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

BANNED

And again, Twister is just too physically strong for Bourne to take on in a straight up fist fight. Bourne's more skilled but he isn't beating Twister without weapons. Ip, as has been shown in the video clips, is considerably stronger than Jason Bourne and beating Twister took everything Ip had. Twister did cheat in the fight, sure, but his raw strength and durability are clearly through the roof.
    Twister too physically strong? No he isn't, he's a human being at the end of the day, and bourne is vastly superior in skillset, armed or unarmed. But we can agree to disagree.
    Last edited by seaturkey; 12-22-2018 at 12:16 PM.