Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Doctor with a Green Lantern ring vs Superman

The Doctor with a Green Lantern ring vs Superman

So if the Doctor survives the initial blitz, all the many forces of space and time can be channeled against Supes? Knowledge, will, imagination... the Doctor has it all, in humungous amounts.

Are there feats of mortal Lanterns surviving bloodlusted Kryptonian/Daxamite blitzes long enough to strike back? I would wager that the Doctor would only have to strike once, that it would involve some sort of space-time warping phenomena.

The rings have been used for time-travel even by mortal Lanterns, isn't that correct? So Doc should therefore be capable of myriad time-bending effects. I would guess, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    So if the Doctor survives the initial blitz, all the many forces of space and time can be channeled against Supes? Knowledge, will, imagination... the Doctor has it all, in humungous amounts.

Are there feats of mortal Lanterns surviving bloodlusted Kryptonian/Daxamite blitzes long enough to strike back? I would wager that the Doctor would only have to strike once, that it would involve some sort of space-time warping phenomena.

The rings have been used for time-travel even by mortal Lanterns, isn't that correct? So Doc should therefore be capable of myriad time-bending effects. I would guess, at any rate.
    Yes Green Lantern rings can do time effects. I think Kyle Rayber time travelled to see Hal by accident.

Also GL rings can Age or deage people too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yes Green Lantern rings can do time effects. I think Kyle Rayber time travelled to see Hal by accident.

Also GL rings can Age or deage people too.
    Ah the ol' Arisia controversy. Young teen one day, the next, a woman grown and Hal, together, out in space by themselves.....nothing inappropriate could happen there....right??

Quote Originally Posted by seaturkey View Post
    Ah the ol' Arisia controversy. Young teen one day, the next, a woman grown and Hal, together, out in space by themselves.....nothing inappropriate could happen there....right??
    Yeah that whole deal was tasteless. But yeah the Ring Like made Alan Scott healthy again and other stuff too.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post

Are there feats of mortal Lanterns surviving bloodlusted Kryptonian/Daxamite blitzes long enough to strike back? I would wager that the Doctor would only have to strike once, that it would involve some sort of space-time warping phenomena..

Against thousands upon thousands of punches rained down from a guy who benchpresses planets for five days before actually breaking a sweat? Haha no.

However, if given the chance to strike, yes, the Doctor should win. (Or like, pre-program his ring before the fight begins.) I don't think we can say for sure how much raw will power the Doctor has compared existing Lantern benchmarks, so I'm not positive how much raw output he can get. But he's clearly got the goods to make it work, and the rings can be used to replicate existing technology. The Doctor has done with a couple minutes tinkering like make a handheld dimensional device into something that can dimension dump an entire football stadium as an AoO. There's no reason he couldn't make that happen with constructs, for example. Or various time shenanigans.

Astonishing Member

The usuall ignored strategies of using a ring against a Kryptonian were/are:

1. Assume you survive the blitz with shields for a bit.
    2. Produce Green K rays. Pre-COIE, Supes said Lanterns could do this and was scared of this when fighting them.
    3. Produce antimatter - Lanterns can do this. Way back, Supes was not sure his matter wouldn't go the way of all normal matter if hit by antimatter. That was a risk in fighting Wildfire, again in the depths of many reboots. If that still holds or not - I dunno.

Can he do the funkier stuff when a class 100 is getting up in his face though

That seems to be the main problem when Lanterns face bricks and is probably the main reason they are reduced to blasting and shields and stuff most of the time. Creating the finer stuff takes concentration, which is kinda hard to do when people are punching you hard enough to break your shields

It's moot here all the same, dude is getting blitzed out like whoa.

Turns out the Doctor could have dodged the blitz, but Superman's fist in his face is a fixed point in time. So the Doctor can't interference, sorry.

Spectacular Member

Yeah that whole deal was tasteless. But yeah the Ring Like made Alan Scott healthy again and other stuff too.
    Technically while that was a Green Lantern's ring it was not a Green Lantern ring

Quote Originally Posted by Tanrage View Post
    Technically while that was a Green Lantern's ring it was not a Green Lantern ring
    Same power state basicaly.

: Punts him to the Moon.:

Spectacular Member

Same power state basicaly.

: Punts him to the Moon.:
    No really, Corps rings have autoshields and AI funtionality or at least they used to, not sure about current coninuity though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The usuall ignored strategies of using a ring against a Kryptonian were/are:

1. Assume you survive the blitz with shields for a bit.
    2. Produce Green K rays. Pre-COIE, Supes said Lanterns could do this and was scared of this when fighting them.
    3. Produce antimatter - Lanterns can do this. Way back, Supes was not sure his matter wouldn't go the way of all normal matter if hit by antimatter. That was a risk in fighting Wildfire, again in the depths of many reboots. If that still holds or not - I dunno.
    hopefully, Doctor Who's Doctor are smart enough to produces Green Kryptonite rays or transmutate Kryptonian's brain stem to antimatter
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Astonishing Member

Over the years, GLs have emphasized the big green stupid construct. Yeah, they pull out the exotics once in awhile but not when they should.