Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Oh, boo hoo Warren. Archangel is your one saving grace as a character.

This. 1,000 times this. Angel was the least interesting x-character up until the point of Archangel. And became so again in the mid 90's when he lost that and was bluesmurfAngel and beyond until Archangel returned. Granted, Beast is now my least favorite 05, but that's because of all the things he's done. Angel is just...boring w/o the Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    This is so funny.

These things happened in 2016, 2017 and 2018, respectively. I'm....

Maybe this story takes place before the Astonishing Annual! OoO
    /s
    Ah, Marvel should have just left Archangel where Bunn left him. He was in his Archangel form, and had made peace with himself. Watching him have to lead for the Sleeper mutants and care for them could have made for some interesting new stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    This. 1,000 times this. Angel was the least interesting x-character up until the point of Archangel. And became so again in the mid 90's when he lost that and was bluesmurfAngel and beyond until Archangel returned. Granted, Beast is now my least favorite 05, but that's because of all the things he's done. Angel is just...boring w/o the Archangel.
    Yeah, I have to agree with this, and Warren is my favorite character. There aren't very many good stories with him where he is regular Angel. Defenders is just about it. I could live with a regular feather winged version of the character, but no one ever seems to know what to do with him. Plus his design just isn't as good, in my opinion. All you have to do is look at artwork of non-Warren angels on places like deviant art and pin-interest to see much better feather winged angel designs than the one that Warren has.

Anyhow, this is definitely not the Archangel story that I wanted to read. So far it's just another rehash of the same stories that he has been in for seemingly the last five years.

But, I will reserve judgement on how Warren's story goes until after I have read all of it. Hopefully there will be an unexpected twist ending that will lead to something new for Archangel.
    Just so long as it doesn't lead to his death, or becoming a villain again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Ah, Marvel should have just left Archangel where Bunn left him. He was in his Archangel form, and had made peace with himself. Watching him have to lead for the Sleeper mutants and care for them could have made for some interesting new stories.

Yeah, I have to agree with this, and Warren is my favorite character. There aren't very many good stories with him where he is regular Angel. Defenders is just about it. I could live with a regular feather winged version of the character, but no one ever seems to know what to do with him. Plus his design just isn't as good, in my opinion. All you have to do is look at artwork of non-Warren angels on places like deviant art and pin-interest to see much better feather winged angel designs than the one that Warren has.

Anyhow, this is definitely not the Archangel story that I wanted to read. So far it's just another rehash of the same stories that he has been in for seemingly the last five years.

But, I will reserve judgement on how Warren's story goes until after I have read all of it. Hopefully there will be an unexpected twist ending that will lead to something new for Archangel.
    Just so long as it doesn't lead to his death, or becoming a villain again.
    Because those people are bad writers.
    A writer can take the "Lamest" Super power and with a bit of Imagination and without STUPID Power creep turn a bland character into an amazing one.

Most Writers think in terms of Combat, My character Abigail Mitchell from my Horror/Sci-Fi stories is a great combatant, but she usually solves problems by talking to the Monster, Using things like Baby Powder, Getting the victims to realize their strengths, etc.
    Not everything has to be solved by punching it in the face, and YES even in a visual medium like comics. Saga is one of the best comics out right now, and most problems aren't solved by punching it.
    Faith from Valiant is about a Plus Sized Superheroine who flies and inspires people, she is NOT a combat goddess, and solves problems by more than punching it.

Take Color Kid for Instance, he can "Change the Colors of things."

Most people would see his power and think MAN dude is "WACK!!!!!"

Color is the way view the world, how we gather data and information, how we relate to each other. Not a single day gfoes by where people don't think about color.

Outside of the normal combat issues of Illusions. How would you use the power to alter color in the real world?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    A writer can take the "Lamest" Super power and with a bit of Imagination and without STUPID Power creep turn a bland character into an amazing one.

Most Writers think in terms of Combat, My character Abigail Mitchell from my Horror/Sci-Fi stories is a great combatant, but she usually solves problems by talking to the Monster, Using things like Baby Powder, Getting the victims to realize their strengths, etc.
    Not everything has to be solved by punching it in the face, and YES even in a visual medium like comics. Saga is one of the best comics out right now, and most problems aren't solved by punching it.
    Faith from Valiant is about a Plus Sized Superheroine who flies and inspires people, she is NOT a combat goddess, and solves problems by more than punching it.

Take Color Kid for Instance, he can "Change the Colors of things."

Most people would see his power and think MAN dude is "WACK!!!!!"

Color is the way view the world, how we gather data and information, how we relate to each other. Not a single day gfoes by where people don't think about color.

Outside of the normal combat issues of Illusions. How would you use the power to alter color in the real world?
    I don't know what to do with color as a power other than what you have already listed. So maybe I just don't have a very good imagination. So who am I to talk about some writers not having ideas as to what to do with Angel.

BANNED

I don't know what to do with color as a power other than what you have already listed. So maybe I just don't have a very good imagination. So who am I to talk about writers not having ideas as to what to do with Angel.
    Color powers: Alter the color of an object.

Alter the color of light particles traveling through air to create Holograms/Illusions.
    Alter the color of text and graphics on paper to make things Invisible or alter the message being transmitted.
    Alter the color of a Sun to create a variety of atmospheric changes on this planet and others.
    Impart Darkness on an area.
    Remove Darkness from an area.
    Alter the color of Pigmentation on an object. Making lighter objects darker, and darker objects lighter.
    When you alter the pigmentation of things you are chemically changing how that thing reacts to the environment.
    Alter the color of digital information to impart changes on messages or data being perceived.
    Induce or remove Camouflage.
    Induce and or remove Blindness.
    Change the quality of fabrics by altering its colors. Darker Fabrics make things hotter, lighter fabrics make things cooler by reflecting heat and light.
    Alter moods by altering or Oscillating color patterns.
    Increase clarity and focus.
    Manipulate EM fields, like radio, and microwaves.
    etc.

This is what I came up with off the head.
    Remember altering the color on a molecular level changes the quality of that item.
    By Changing a Suns color for instance from White to blue increases the brightness and basically reverts the sun back to an earlier time.
    By altering the color of crops Will alter how insects and the sun deal with said crop.

Why Does a Color Change Indicate a Chemical Change?
    Last edited by Tazirai; 12-15-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Color powers: Alter the color of an object.

Alter the color of light particles traveling through air to create Holograms/Illusions.
    Alter the color of text and graphics on paper to make things Invisible or alter the message being transmitted.
    Alter the color of a Sun to create a variety of atmospheric changes on this planet and others.
    Impart Darkness on an area.
    Remove Darkness from an area.
    Alter the color of Pigmentation on an object. Making lighter objects darker, and darker objects lighter.
    When you alter the pigmentation of things you are chemically changing how that thing reacts to the environment.
    Alter the color of digital information to impart changes on messages or data being perceived.
    Induce or remove Camouflage.
    Induce and or remove Blindness.
    Change the quality of fabrics by altering its colors. Darker Fabrics make things hotter, lighter fabrics make things cooler by reflecting heat and light.
    Alter moods by altering or Oscillating color patterns.
    Increase clarity and focus.
    Manipulate EM fields, like radio, and microwaves.
    etc.

This is what I came up with off the head.
    Remember altering the color on a molecular level changes the quality of that item.
    By Changing a Suns color for instance from White to blue increases the brightness and basically reverts the sun back to an earlier time.
    By altering the color of crops Will alter how insects and the sun deal with said crop.
    I don't whether I should congratulate you, or hate you for coming up with all those ideas when I couldn't come up with any good ones

BANNED

I don't whether I should congratulate you, or hate you for coming up with all those ideas when I couldn't come up with any good ones
    I'm a Scientist, and Horror/Sci-Fi writer and Comic creator/artist lol.

This. YES!!!!
    Back when I used to do character sketches for small games I would draw inspiration from characters like this and find similar game mechanics. Point and click adventure plus escape the room and strategy games are some of my favorite genres due to using wit instead of brawn. We are so used to having superheroes punch their way through conflicts that we ignore heroes that find a different approach. Instead of applauding them for going around a problem by not punching it they call that character weak or useless. Its appaling.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

No spoilers yet?

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    No spoilers yet?
    Do you want some ?

The Kids Were Right

spoilers:
    Huh. This issue wasn't so bad. In fact, it was pretty good (Extermination still has it beat tho).

>After the preview, we see the team (with Archangel back) head to Nate's Temple in Quadra Island, Canada. The Temple is guarded by Nate's Horsemen who reiterate that the X-Men bring nothing but chaos (it's true!) and that X-Man's holy land will not be desecrated with their presence. Before Jean and Magneto deck each other in their chins, Nate Grey Almighty arrives, bathed in his heavenly light
    >Jean tries to reach out to X-Man, who denounces his slave name and familial relationship to Jean (ouch. both her sons ditched in one week). X-Man then reveals that he was the old lady at the cafe and that Jean agreed with his ways. Jean is confused, then reminds X-Man that he didn't let her finish before he up and left. X-Man does bring up the point that the lady ended up dying anyway, that his actions will justify the means, and that all is hopeless compared to him. Ororo says #$%& that and gets the X-Men to gang up on X-Man before he holds everyone in stasis
    >Jubilee was about to light X-Man's ass up but he chucks through some kind of hollow building, across the field; where she lands next to the New X-Men who have just arrived on the scene w/ Legion and Madrox
    >Jubes treats them like children and tells them to run away as if they aren't the same age as her....anyways, Armor and her team see all the X-Men tied up by the ground with X-Man standing over them. Hisako tries an honest-to-god conversation wih Nathaniel, who starts to waver in his beliefs a bit. She then presses on, asking why exactly he is doing all this. He response with news that he is dying, just like the world he is so desperate to save. Hisakok then proposes that maybe Nate should look at the bigger picture, bigger than his own vision of the world. That maybe he may be doing the world more harm than good, with the lines of morality getting ever so blurrier
    >Before that bombshell has the chance to smack X-Man on the forehead, Legion gets oddly xenophobic and tries to force Nate back to where came from....and that means trying to push him back into the Age of Apocalypse. But it looks like Legion may have brought the party here, as we see Armor, Pixie, Glob, and Rockslide in a very altered state. To be continued...
    end of spoilers

This has been the best issue so far. There's definitely some progression and some of Armor's lines really stuck out to me. Esp:

"What my teammate meant to say is that maybe you should judge us by what we've experienced in our lives, not how long it took." which is the best case of "follow your own advice, Marvel" ever

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    The Kids Were Right

spoilers:
    Huh. This issue wasn't so bad. In fact, it was pretty good (Extermination still has it beat tho).

>After the preview, we see the team (with Archangel back) head to Nate's Temple in Quadra Island, Canada. The Temple is guarded by Nate's Horsemen who reiterate that the X-Men bring nothing but chaos (it's true!) and that X-Man's holy land will not be desecrated with their presence. Before Jean and Magneto deck each other in their chins, Nate Grey Almighty arrives, bathed in his heavenly light
    >Jean tries to reach out to X-Man, who denounces his slave name and familial relationship to Jean (ouch. both her sons ditched in one week). X-Man then reveals that he was the old lady at the cafe and that Jean agreed with his ways. Jean is confused, then reminds X-Man that he didn't let her finish before he up and left. X-Man does bring up the point that the lady ended up dying anyway, that his actions will justify the means, and that all is hopeless compared to him. Ororo says #$%& that and gets the X-Men to gang up on X-Man before he holds everyone in stasis
    >Jubilee was about to light X-Man's ass up but he chucks through some kind of hollow building, across the field; where she lands next to the New X-Men who have just arrived on the scene w/ Legion and Madrox
    >Jubes treats them like children and tells them to run away as if they aren't the same age as her....anyways, Armor and her team see all the X-Men tied up by the ground with X-Man standing over them. Hisako tries an honest-to-god conversation wih Nathaniel, who starts to waver in his beliefs a bit. She then presses on, asking why exactly he is doing all this. He response with news that he is dying, just like the world he is so desperate to save. Hisakok then proposes that maybe Nate should look at the bigger picture, bigger than his own vision of the world. That maybe he may be doing the world more harm than good, with the lines of morality getting ever so blurrier
    >Before that bombshell has the chance to smack X-Man on the forehead, Legion gets oddly xenophobic and tries to force Nate back to where came from....and that means trying to push him back into the Age of Apocalypse. But it looks like Legion may have brought the party here, as we see Armor, Pixie, Glob, and Rockslide in a very altered state. To be continued...
    end of spoilers

This has been the best issue so far. There's definitely some progression and some of Armor's lines really stuck out to me. Esp:

"What my teammate meant to say is that maybe you should judge us by what we've experienced in our lives, not how long it took." which is the best case of "follow your own advice, Marvel" ever
    spoilers:
    There's actually a neat little difference between how jean and Hisako talk to Nate that makes him respond differently to each.
    Firstly, there's that whole issue with how to call him - He makes it very clear that he refuses to be called by his name, and the reasons why - and Jean still keeps calling him Nate.
    When he says the same thing to Hisako, she just plays along and tells him to call her "Armor".

And then there's the actual conversation between them.
    Jean makes statements more often then not, while Hisako mostly asks questions, and lets Nate do the talking and answering, until he kinda starts questioning himself a little bit.
    It's subtle, but his last statment goes from "I know" to "I hope" and "I have to trust" about what he's doing.

And finally, the X-men plan using TP about how to attack, and he can read their minds and picks up on them ahead of time, and subdues them fairly quickly.
    Hisako has no plan of how to actually attack him - she even outright states that they are not leading with their fists on this one - so when Legion makes a move, it comes out of nowhere and it blindsides both Nate And the kids.
    end of spoilers

Also, I love that the writers remember that Hisako tends to refer to the older X-men as Mr or Ms surname - I just wish they'd remember that she does not refer to Jubilee like that, since they are nearly the same age.

I would love to see a scan of the kids now...

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    I would love to see a scan of the kids now...
    Don't have access to it through the PC yet.
    Also, they mostly just look like they do on the cover for issue 7, but confused about what happened instead of looking like they are attacking someone off camera.

Spectacular Member

So they are going to kill off Nate again? Sounds like he is going to die in the end.