Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No Japanese coochie to turn Warren back to good anymore.

Time to hook him up with Jubilee.
    This might be the greatest forum post ever written. Certainly up there.

It boggles the mind why they are repeating parts of Angel's story over and over these last few years. These reruns of our grief! Yikes. I hope whatever is going on with Warren now is quickly resolved. I mean I thought this was already resolved the last time and the time before that...

Ultimate Member

Archangel for Warren sadly is what the Phoenix is for Jean...something that keeps coming up over and over again, or it had really gone away until Kyle and Yost and Remender brought it back out of the blue...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

three writers that are good enough individually

are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    No Surrender had like, a structured plot, and emotional beats, and main characters, and a bunch of NEW IDEAS.
    better writers too

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    This ish art is ten times better than last issue.

Betsy should really go on a romantic date with Angel/ArchAngel again.

This 'never forgive you' stuff is so lame since Angel has lived with Arch-Angel for decades.

Betsy should heal Angel's psyche once again, not like she's never done that before.

Lame....
    In Comic Years, He's only been Archangel for like 5 years. Not Decades. Comics time and real-time isn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Archangel for Warren sadly is what the Phoenix is for Jean...something that keeps coming up over and over again, or it had really gone away until Kyle and Yost and Remender brought it back out of the blue...
    I like Warren as Archangel and I like Jean as Phoenix. What I don't like is the constant battle between the two versions or the notion that neither can control the other parts of themselves. Again, it goes back to how the writers handle these characters. I like that both gives the characters something to struggle with and it gives them an edge, a depth... but my main concern with Warren is how they keep telling and retelling as well as resolving the same conflict with him over and over.. especially some of the stories so close together.

I think Warren is most interesting as Archangel and I like it when he can switch between Angel with real wings and Archangel with the metal wings.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post

better writers too
    I wouldn't say that. The writers here are usually good individually, but it shows that sometimes working together doesn't provide the best result.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Hahaha, are they each just writing a paragraph and then passing it on? Hackity hack hack hack. The thing I’m most interested in is how much worse this is going to get. Where is rock bottom?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Hahaha, are they each just writing a paragraph and then passing it on? Hackity hack hack hack.
    Don't see why this is a bad thing. Writers have been doing this for centuries. The Exeter Book was written this way.

As for this, I'm really shaking my head. Warren takes on the Archangel persona as often as superheroes fight each other in comics.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This might be the greatest forum post ever written. Certainly up there.
    It's true tho. Warren didn't even acknowledge Betsy until she became a 6 foot tall Asian Woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I like Warren as Archangel and I like Jean as Phoenix. What I don't like is the constant battle between the two versions or the notion that neither can control the other parts of themselves. Again, it goes back to how the writers handle these characters. I like that both gives the characters something to struggle with and it gives them an edge, a depth... but my main concern with Warren is how they keep telling and retelling as well as resolving the same conflict with him over and over.. especially some of the stories so close together.

I think Warren is most interesting as Archangel and I like it when he can switch between Angel with real wings and Archangel with the metal wings.
    I like that there are these darker, wilder sides to Jean and Warren, but at this point, as an evolution, these should be sides to their personalities that they should have to be constantly vigilant of and not totally separate personalities. I think Jean and Warren should be handled similarly to Wolverine. They're good, but you can only push them so far before they fail to hold back some of the darker instincts that are present in them.

I tend to agree that the aspects of Phoenix and Archangel should always be there.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 12-13-2018 at 09:30 PM.

BANNED

Huh??? I fail to see how is this Betsy fault here. If I’m not mistaken didn’t Warren come to terms with his darker half and accepting it?? Now why all of a sudden is it a problem???

I LOVE the art.

I also like Storm taking charge once again, and simply asking Warren(who probably hates the X-Men) for help instead of jumping to conclusions and immediately branding him an Enemy. Also, does every X-Men member go dumb when it comes to fighting Magneto. You have Storm shooting lightning at him(we know doesn’t work and has NEVER worked) Polaris attacking him with the same powers as her father(like that’s useful) and Warren throwing Metal Feathers at him........seriously???? The incompetence is mind blowing I don’t understand that.

Anyway, nice preview.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This is the best showing Warren has had against Mageto since X-Men vol. 1 #1.
    Thankfully Nate set Mag's difficulty to beginner.

Ultimate Member

Before Yost and Kyle made his wings metal again and Remender brought back the two psyche's in his head Warren had resolved all of that and was just Warren with the metal wings, ever since we've had almost two minds in his head, and after being broken free from Nate's control it stands to reason that Warren is all kinds of messed up, what Warren needs now is to get the "Archangel" persona out of him and pick either the metal wings or the feathered ones and stick with them and move forward, hopefully with Betsy...Warren may not have been romantically interested in Betsy until after she became Asian but that's not why he did...and aren't there metals that are not magnetic or something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Before Yost and Kyle made his wings metal again and Remender brought back the two psyche's in his head Warren had resolved all of that and was just Warren with the metal wings, ever since we've had almost two minds in his head, and after being broken free from Nate's control it stands to reason that Warren is all kinds of messed up, what Warren needs now is to get the "Archangel" persona out of him and pick either the metal wings or the feathered ones and stick with them and move forward, hopefully with Betsy...Warren may not have been romantically interested in Betsy until after she became Asian but that's not why he did...and aren't there metals that are not magnetic or something like that...
    Warren resolved his Archangel problems in the original X-Factor run. It was part of an ongoing arc. It was later brought back in the 90's. You need to read more back issues.This has been going on for more than a decade.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...