Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

You're the X-Men!! Do something! Your only plan is to have the villains defeat each other?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    You're the X-Men!! Do something! Your only plan is to have the villains defeat each other?
    Jean's waiting for the right moment to do a speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Tell me more.

Bunn's X-Ideas get trampled on all the time because he's not an exclusive writer yet all of his ideas are better than whatever is already "planned". Or maybe they just hate his accent or something.

His recent Venom stuff stuff sucks, though. We can ignore those. His old Venom run was fire so IDK what happened.
    oof. I'm gonna find them but she said something to the effect of: "From my knowledge, DP: Assassin is out of continuity. So Belladonna's gonna appear in my story." But what made this DP mini different from the other 2846483 minis that he did? It clearly followed Threnody's dropped 90s plot point + some other loose ends. There really could be a whole thread on Bunn's X-Ideas that got ignored. I'm still sour we never got "God-King Virus Fantomex vs X-Men" or whatever he would've done with Mystique after Betsy healed her psyche.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Tbh unceremoniously killing Eye-Boy for literally no reason in a way that didn't serve the story at all was really dumb and unecessary, I'm glad it's been ignored.
    It's super hypocritical but imma be honest, if any other mutant students were in Eye-Boy's place, then I would've been mad. But I honest-to-god don't care about Trevor Hawkins and if he were to trip over a pebble and die in half of one panel in #6, I'd congratulate Kelly, Matthew, and Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Points for Jubilee wondering if killing a possessed Magneto is ok and then there is Lorna who doesn’t give a fig.

Really x-office?
    Jubilee: omg Archangel's about to completely SLAUGHTER Lorna's dad. Should we stop him?

Psylocke: idk let him beat the crap out of Lorna's dad for a little bit, then we can step in.

Polaris: .......

The art is OK. I don't think the art styles are particularly congruous. It's not like DC where you can have Jason Fabok, Tony Daniel, David Finch, Ivan Reis, Ryan Sook, Mikel Janín, and a few others rotate art duties on a single book and never notice a dip in stellar quality or a major difference in art style. The Uncanny artists are competent but aren't blowing my mind with how awesome their art is.

Half of his opponent is made of metal... and Magneto doesn't stomp? Definitely mind-controlled.

Maybe Apocalypse can end the Archangel foolishness 'once and for all' later in this arc?

Nah! We're stuck with vacillating Warrchangel forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

When in doubt make Angel Archangel again

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Oh, Betsy girl. You've gone and broken your own heart, haven't you?
    So dumb, because they were over each other for a long time.
    But **** it, X-Office gotta X-Office.

Just NOOOO..NO NO NO

Seriously dude. Is this not like the 4th time he's had this stupid story?

Remender was right. He should have stayed dead.

And Betsy is emotional about it?? Bish you already killed him in this form! Move on. Thank you, Next!

This issue is probably going to be the most annoying one for me. Whatever.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The art is lovely. Nice to see Storm taking the lead here. I do wish we could see Polaris express some kind of emotion over what's happening to Magneto. Her having no reaction whatsoever is definitely a flub on the writers part. I wish she could have a larger arc with her father, and I think it'd be more interesting to see her trying to appeal to Magneto, than the retread of Psylocke and Angel. I like seeing Betsy getting focus, but it would be nice if they came up with something else for her to do.

Duplicate from internet error
    Last edited by Izanami; 12-13-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Angel, (I got no) character momentum
    And I'm not knowin' when I'm
    Ever gonna slow up and I'm
    Ready to snap any moment I'm
    Thinkin' it's time to go get 'em
    We already what'll hit 'em
    (W-W-When they once again have to deal with the—)

spoilers:
    KNOCK, KNOCK, LET THE POOKY IN, MALEVOLENT AS I'VE EVER BEEN, HEAD IS SPINNING, THE 80'S CALLED, SAID L-L-L-LET US IN
    end of spoilers
    I laughed way too hard when I saw this. I just don't even know anymore.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Betsy: Technically, he's supposed to be dead BECAUSE I ALREADY KILLED HIM. So, it's cool.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Sigh.

10char
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

BANNED

This ish art is ten times better than last issue.

Betsy should really go on a romantic date with Angel/ArchAngel again.

This 'never forgive you' stuff is so lame since Angel has lived with Arch-Angel for decades.

Betsy should heal Angel's psyche once again, not like she's never done that before.

Lame....

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    The art is lovely. Nice to see Storm taking the lead here. I do wish we could see Polaris express some kind of emotion over what's happening to Magneto. Her having no reaction whatsoever is definitely a flub on the writers part. I wish she could have a larger arc with her father, and I think it'd be more interesting to see her trying to appeal to Magneto, than the retread of Psylocke and Angel. I like seeing Betsy getting focus, but it would be nice if they came up with something else for her to do.
    Agreed, it’s really way out of a character the way they are depicting Lorna not giving a single damn about her father’s possession and if he lives or dies here.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post

Half of his opponent is made of metal... and Magneto doesn't stomp? Definitely mind-controlled.
    Archangel managed a near fatal hit on Lorna with metal in the 80s when she was possessed so it definitely lowers one’s aptitude.

Last edited by jmc247; 12-13-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    This ish art is ten times better than last issue.

Betsy should really go on a romantic date with Angel/ArchAngel again.

This 'never forgive you' stuff is so lame since Angel has lived with Arch-Angel for decades.

Betsy should heal Angel's psyche once again, not like she's never done that before.

Lame....
    Yeah, most Archangel arts can give me chills, this issue’s art is good too.

And then I read his dialogue, the chills disappear.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."