Default OK, so now Henry Cavill is NOT leaving Superman! per Jason Momoa

Jason Momoa just recently walked back on his comment regarding understanding why Cavill and Affleck would want to step away from Superman and Batman based on where they are in their careers. Momoa said this on the red carpet for his Aquaman premiere to Entertainment Tonight.

https://www.etonline.com/jason-momoa...clusive-115758

Jason Momoa says:
    "I just talked to Henry... He's absolutely not [leaving the character]," Momoa told ET's Melicia Johnson. "He loves the character. He's not. One hundred percent."

"It's absolutely [not going to happen]," he insisted.

I really hope that Henry Cavill stays on as I really liked Man of Steel, and I hope he gets to do a Superman movie that honors what he did before, but perhaps being slightly retoned so that it has more universal acceptance.

It's a shame and not his fault that his legacy as Superman is so polarizing thus far.

I just wish a definitive statement would be made that leave no room for doubt and settles everything one way or the other for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Jason Momoa just recently walked back on his comment regarding understanding why Cavill and Affleck would want to step away from Superman and Batman based on where they are in their careers. Momoa said this on the red carpet for his Aquaman premiere to Entertainment Tonight.

Jason Momoa says:
    "I just talked to Henry... He's absolutely not [leaving the character]," Momoa told ET's Melicia Johnson. "He loves the character. He's not. One hundred percent."

I really hope that Henry Cavill stays on as I really liked Man of Steel, and I hope he gets to do a Superman movie that honors what he did before, but perhaps being slightly retoned so that it has more universal acceptance.

It's a shame and not his fault that his legacy as Superman is so polarizing thus far.

I just wish a definitive statement would be made that leave no room for doubt and settles everything one way or the other for good.
    Adapt All-Star Superman ... gives him a send-off and an amazing, hopeful, story.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

Jason Momoa says:

I'm genuinely glad to see he may be staying on and that the WB isn't putting Superman on indefinite hiatus especially after we finally got the Superman most people wanted in spite of the problems with the movie. I still love this quote from Henry Cavill. "In my opinion, this is the first time that we have seen Superman in truth. We have seen the origin story of Superman [Man of Steel]. We have seen the downfall and doubt of Superman [Batman v Superman]. And finally, with this rebirth, we see the true Superman, the Superman who is confident and sure and full of hope and joy".

Criticize the movie until ahem Doomsday but he was back: the Man of Tomorrow, the Metropolis Marvel, the Caped Kryptonian, etc., etc.

I'm not even really knocking MoS because it had it's good points. Even BvS had some good points. But I do not believe they were the Superman most people wanted. Justice League Superman was but the problem was that lots of people never saw it to begin with because they were done with it after BvS.

But I digress. They are not going to confuse the situation by rebooting. For various reasons, a reboot this early would be detrimental. But I am so glad Cavill may stay around now that the Superman he is playing has become the Superman most people want and recognize as Superman.
    Power with Girl is better.

I never really questioned Cavill's enthusiams for the role because he's always seemed to enjoy playing Superman even when the reception to the movies he's been in have been less then positive and the stories never allowed that enthusiasm to shine through much, but it seems like the current issue is more money and whether WB even wants anything to do with Cavill's Superman at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I never really questioned Cavill's enthusiams for the role because he's always seemed to enjoy playing Superman even when the reception to the movies he's been in have been less then positive and the stories never allowed that enthusiasm to shine through much, but it seems like the current issue is more money and whether WB even wants anything to do with Cavill's Superman at this point.
    With Wonder womans success and now Aquaman looking to be a hit. I can see WB realizing Canvill wasnt the problem Snyders idea of what Superman should be wasnt resonating with the general audience.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Oh Jason. Don't play with my heart this way, man.

because I want this to be true, but don't have any faith in WB to do right by Superman in general, or want to hold onto Cavill for a variety of reasons, most of which are not his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    With Wonder womans success and now Aquaman looking to be a hit. I can see WB realizing Canvill wasnt the problem Snyders idea of what Superman should be wasnt resonating with the general audience.
    I think we have a deadly combination of Cavill asking for more money than he's worth when the version he's the face off has had a lukewarm reception at best and he doesn't have a stellar career outside of MI and maybe the Witcher coming up. But I generally side with Cavill otherwise no matter how much of a diva he may or may not be behind the scenes. He honestly gives the vibe that he gives more of a **** about Superman than anybody else at WB, and if I had to put on that costume and be the face of this damaged brand...hell, I'd want more money as incentive too.

Fantastic Member

Cavill is a great superman. Shame fans didn't allow for his superman to have a different interpretation. They really need to do a superman with brainiac foreshadowing darkseid for justice league fulm

Cavill is a great Superman, I think. But this statement by Momoa makes me concerned. Up until now, what ends up happening is pretty reliably the opposite of what comes out in news outlets and quotes.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.