Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default “Somebody Save Me...” SMALLVILLE UNIVERSE APPRECIATION

Note: This isnt just the TV show the thread is pertaining to, its the Show and the Season 11 Comic Series spinning out of it, plus I felt like it belonged here more than the Superman Forum because despite being about Clark Kent, the Universe grew far from the Small Town Farm Boy into something bigger building up to the Entire League being featured

Plus coming from the Wally Thread I felt like we might need a reminder that DiDio hasnt ruined every DC Universe

So to that end:
    3E76193A-4F5C-4589-A305-AB0AA081FAD3.jpg
    AA280C8D-94A3-45F5-938D-45CAD00F1DB2.jpg
    D5DD0399-156B-439F-884D-5921E41AF9AD.jpg
    Last edited by Denirac; 12-13-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Clever name! My favorite part of the smallville u should be no surprise.
    ADA17142-0B02-4648-882D-380DE321605D.jpg
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I know Man, Thats why I went digging for the Continuity Cover with Jay and the Titans on it, thought Jay should get some representation on here too after what the Comics do to poor Bart
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Nice.

I loved this show growing up and am trying to re watch it. This show really made me a Superman lover.

It cut away all the fancy powers and cool costumes and just focused on Clark the man and his character and personality. That's what really made me appreciate Clark.

Very well written.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 12-13-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Nice.

I loved this showing growing up and am trying to re watch it. This show really made me a Superman lover.

It cut away all the fancy powers and cool costumes and just focused on Clark the man and his character and personality. That's what really made me appreciate Clark.

Very well written.
    I felt that way too but I felt once the show killed off Jonathan and Lionel while writing out Martha and Lex that it struggled to replace them, which was why they introduced Lionel-2, revived Lex and had Jonathan play Casper the Fatherly Ghost. Actualjy Martha as the Red Queen I thought was an interesting twist and the Red Queen identity would be something I’d like to see in Main Canon, Maybe even Lana could take the role, I dont believe she’s Superwoman anymore so why not make her the Red Queen.

Honestly though my favourite characters of all the DC characters introduced were easily The Luthors and Jonathan, Lex and Lionel for obvious reasons but jonathan I liked for how well he was written, which remained constant even when he appeared in the Comics, his whole ideal of doing the best you can for what you want to achieve ideal really made me like him, I also liked Brainiac but thats just because I liked the sarcasm James Marsters brought to it

The Funny Part is I wanted this universe in Convergence but seeing the Arrowverse heading for Crisis I want Welling, Rosenbaum, Hartley, Durance, Vandervoot and Glover to return in that instead
    Last edited by Denirac; 12-13-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    Pull List:

I instantly heard the song when I read this thread title .

I really have to track down and read this comic...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I have to be honest, Allison Mack's legal problems has really ruined my ability to enjoy it these days. That having been said, I had a subscription to the comic when it was out and Welling and Rosenbaum have talked about doing a sort of animated spinoff that would pick up where the comic left off. I don't think they were being serious but considering the fact that both Chloe and GA left halfway through the comic, it might work! I have the complete series but haven't watched it since her arrest. It was my favorite show when it was on. And it's in my top three favorite versions of Superman overall. And the comic was way better than the mainstream books at the time.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I have to be honest, Allison Mack's legal problems has really ruined my ability to enjoy it these days. That having been said, I had a subscription to the comic when it was out and Welling and Rosenbaum have talked about doing a sort of animated spinoff that would pick up where the comic left off. I don't think they were being serious but considering the fact that both Chloe and GA left halfway through the comic, it might work! I have the complete series but haven't watched it since her arrest. It was my favorite show when it was on. And it's in my top three favorite versions of Superman overall. And the comic was way better than the mainstream books at the time.
    The Comic is way better than the Mainstream Books now too
    Pull List:

I'm writing my second novel and I just wrote a dialogue where two characters talk about smallville ^^ (it takes place in the earlies 2000).

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I'm writing my second novel and I just wrote a dialogue where two characters talk about smallville ^^ (it takes place in the earlies 2000).
    Thats Awesome
    Pull List:

Extraordinary Member

I liked the first seasons that focused on Clark, Lex, Lana, Martha, and Jonathan.

Once Lois shows up, it's downhill from there for me. However, I did enjoy Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen (no offense to the great Stephen Amell).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    That was/is a pretty cool moment (man I miss Jay Garrick!) I have to say I also really liked the SMALLVILLE version of the Titans from the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I liked the first seasons that focused on Clark, Lex, Lana, Martha, and Jonathan.

Once Lois shows up, it's downhill from there for me. However, I did enjoy Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen (no offense to the great Stephen Amell).
    Dont Forget Lionel as a Villain- I’d argue the best one they’ve done
    Last edited by Denirac; 12-14-2018 at 07:45 AM.
    Pull List:

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

There were so many great actors in there.

Lionel was probably the best and most fun to watch. Jonathan was amazing. Lex was pretty good. Clark was decent.

Chloe was annoying at first but really built a stong relationship with Clark through the show. Lois also took a bit to grow on me but now I think she is one of the best Lois s out there. Loved the back and forth between her and Clark.

The only one who I could not stand and acted so unnatural was Lana. God was she annoying.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    There were so many great actors in there.

Lionel was probably the best and most fun to watch. Jonathan was amazing. Lex was pretty good. Clark was decent.

Chloe was annoying at first but really built a stong relationship with Clark through the show. Lois also took a bit to grow on me but now I think she is one of the best Lois s out there. Loved the back and forth between her and Clark.

The only one who I could not stand and acted so unnatural was Lana. God was she annoying.
    Chloe was Great when she was working for Lionel and working to get out from under him.

Side Note: My Copies of Season 11: Chaos and Comtinuity just arrived so right now I have:

Vol 1: Guardian
    Vol 6: Alien
    Vol 7: Lantern
    Vol 8: Chaos
    Vol 9: Continuity

I wont start them until Christmas Day though so I can do a full read of Vol 1-9 in order
    Last edited by Denirac; 12-14-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    Pull List: