Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Thie big problem is that (as Snoop Dogg mentioned) this so-called pay-off to the O5 is being framed as an X-force revival set-up. There is no reason to invest in these characters because none of the actual characters (except Jean and X-Force, neither of which interacted with the O5 much) are invested.

I was all in for the X-Force revival. In fact, I’ve got to be the target audience for it. But then they killed the lead, replaced him with a kid version, and hired an artist who draws like my 8 year old. Once again proving that these creators and editors in Marvel’s X-office can’t even make a layup!

I’ll begrudgingly check it out, but damn! They could’ve had a slam dunk series here. Instead it’ll fizz out by issue four and they’ll say, “Oh well. Guess no one wants OG X-Force anymore. Let’s try a Kid Wolverine led X-Force instead. But we’ll put Jerome Opena on it.”
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 12-15-2018 at 08:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Let’s try a Kid Wolverine led X-Force instead. But we’ll put Jerome Opena on it.”
    I happened to like my idea for an X-23-led X-Force. :-P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I was all in for the X-Force revival. In fact, I’ve got to be the target audience for it. But then they killed the lead, replaced him with a kid version, and hired an artist who draws like my 8 year old. Once again proving that these creators and editors in Marvel’s X-office can’t even make a layup!

I’ll begrudgingly check it out, but damn! They could’ve had a slam dunk series here. Instead it’ll fizz out by issue four and they’ll say, “Oh well. Guess no one wants OG X-Force anymore. Let’s try a Kid Wolverine led X-Force instead. But we’ll put Jerome Opena on it.”
    As a Cable fan, did you even feel like Cable belonged in this story, let alone DIE in it as a first issue cliffhanger?

Depends. If his role was to send them home because of some new threat to the timeline (i.e., Ahab), sure. I can see him belonging. But having his younger self just come and kill him off like that in issue 1? Meh.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    As a Cable fan, did you even feel like Cable belonged in this story, let alone DIE in it as a first issue cliffhanger?
    Nah. They already did Cable playing the antagonist thing in Avengers: X-Sanction. They could've used Rachel or have some other offspring of the O5 come back to send them back even though that would erase the child from existence.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

The fact that NO ONE has killed those mind controlling kids is nothing short of embarrassing. Mama would never let those brats lived that long
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Mighty Member

My problem is that we're rehashing Days of Future Past/Days of Future Present with no interesting twist or turn. If Cable was offed by Hope or even Stryfe, I'll at least be invested in it, but Wi-Fi? Nope.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    My problem is that we're rehashing Days of Future Past/Days of Future Present with no interesting twist or turn. If Cable was offed by Hope or even Stryfe, I'll at least be invested in it, but Wi-Fi? Nope.
    I fail to see the connection. Only because it has the same villain?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    The fact that NO ONE has killed those mind controlling kids is nothing short of embarrassing. Mama would never let those brats lived that long
    Apparently this Ahab guy is immune to TP and TK?

The same could be true for them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I would like to see some impact, but i wouldn't shed a tear if somethings were just undone and forgotten. I'm not a fan of the outing of Iceman. I felt it was forced and executed poorly. I actually liked teen Beast quite a bit, so i'm sad to lose him. There will be no connection with adult Beast and magic. I definitely see your point. what is going to happen essentially makes the last 5 years of O5 stories meaningless.
    Adult Iceman came out as gay, so his outing is permanent. Teen Beast needs to lose his connection to magic, we see where it will lead him and it has already lead to the Goblin Queen controlling him. Cyclops just before he gets his memory wiped will think he's going to a death sentence, but we all know adult Cyclops is coming back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I would like to see some impact, but i wouldn't shed a tear if somethings were just undone and forgotten. I'm not a fan of the outing of Iceman. I felt it was forced and executed poorly. I actually liked teen Beast quite a bit, so i'm sad to lose him. There will be no connection with adult Beast and magic. I definitely see your point. what is going to happen essentially makes the last 5 years of O5 stories meaningless.
    The O5 stories were meaningless the very second they decided having them here doesn't immediately affect the timeline. That cop-out meant editorial was just spinning wheels, going practically nowhere right from the start.

The execution of the Iceman story was very poor, mainly because the writer is terrible in general and it was cynically done at the last minute as a stunt, but adding a kinda prominent gay character is a net gain, regardless. The concept also reintroduced Jean, in a way. So there were a couple of meritous things to the time-travel O5, but without the logical conclusion of the O5 significantly altering continuity, the story was always going pretty much nowhere, imo. Editorial wasn't willing to go all the way with it so to me it was weak hedging rather being bold, which I can't respect.

I ultimately want to see them do away with the alt reality/time travel nonsense and have the gumption to let new stuff happen with the real versions of the characters.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Are they going to show Old Cable telling youing Cable to go kill me because I failed? I'm still sticking that the only reason they did this is to lower his body size so when they age him again he will look like the actor.

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    Are they going to show Old Cable telling youing Cable to go kill me because I failed? I'm still sticking that the only reason they did this is to lower his body size so when they age him again he will look like the actor.
    You have some very weird ideas.

Astonishing Member

Only a few days left until they go away. Now I just hope edgy cable dies by isse 4 of xforce.