Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    My problem with how the X-Men handle Ahab is that none of them are convection baking his fleshy parts. Jean, you can superheat the air and cook the guy.
    The X-Men spend too much time standing around looking clueless these days. They all forgot how their powers work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why are characters with melee based powers going after them? The two Jeans and Storm should be able to contain them from a distance. Ditto on the Icemen
    Hell, give Laura a sniper rifle (you could even load it with some sort of tranq darts so she's not hung up by her "No Kill" policy).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why are characters with melee based powers going after them? The two Jeans and Storm should be able to contain them from a distance. Ditto on the Icemen
    I facepalm each time a panel in Uncanny shows Storm and Polaris fighting hand to hand with an army of normal humans and losing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Hell, give Laura a sniper rifle (you could even load it with some sort of tranq darts so she's not hung up by her "No Kill" policy).
    That would be a smart thing to do. So it will never happen.(also she needs a ranged weapon)

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    A lot of people share this opinion and is understandable.

What isn’t understandable is how very likely it is that their going back isn’t going to have near as much of an emotional impact as it should and it’s because how this series is playing out. Specifically how much has to occur in the last issue.

I wish the series would have a post-extermination one-shot issue for all of the emotional moments that should happen. Then people who don’t care about the 05 could just skip it. But those of us who donwoukd get proper closure.

I mean, theoretically, jean is going back to be psychically manipulated and kill a planet of people. and scott is going back to death sentences. And teen iceman May be going back into the closet. The characters know this and are still going to go back. It’s tragic and selfless. This should be an emotional sacrifice the 05 are willing to make. Will we get to see that in the issue? Likely not but I’ll keep my fingers crossed.
    I think the last two issues of X-men Blue were supposed to take care of the emotional moments and closure of the O5. Those two issues will be the closest thing we are going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think the last two issues of X-men Blue were supposed to take care of the emotional moments and closure of the O5. Those two issues will be the closest thing we are going to get.
    This is correct. They understand that going back in its own way means they will "die" but have accepted their fate

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope there are some emotional moments on this, regardless of whatever happened on Blue.
    This doesn't say much but Jeen doesn't seem to be in any hurry on this panel, but this is just one panel that doesn't mean much.
    also pepe larraz art is amazing but his Jeen seems a bit inexpressive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo_4H9UBQOr/
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-17-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Most importantly, I hope they address how when Jeen goes back she'll have this outlandish haircut (for the times) and not her flowing mane. Knowing that the book will have more action, I hardly think there will be enough pages for the required emotional beats. Things will be left for our imaginations and we'll be aggro about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Most importantly, I hope they address how when Jeen goes back she'll have this outlandish haircut (for the times) and not her flowing mane. Knowing that the book will have more action, I hardly think there will be enough pages for the required emotional beats. Things will be left for our imaginations and we'll be aggro about it.
    They can chop off her hair into a traditional bob so its not that outlandish. Even if they dont, they can retcon her as a trendsetter. They can reference that in present day, especially since Jean was a model back in the past.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Me! There’s no reason why OG adult Cable couldn’t have responded to Ahab coming back, receiving some sort of alert from the future warning him of what happens to the timeline if he kills one of the O5 here and now, and doing everything that Gen Z Cable has done in this series.
    Indeed, ridiculous.

I really liked this issue! I can't tell if that's because of the art or the ending or that OTHER ending. But Rachel fans...

spoilers:
    -After the preview (RIP Mimic), Kitty's team arrives to beat the shit out of Ahab. Jean warns Kitty's team to steer clear of Maxime and Manon (and Santo IMMEDIATELY gets turned). Giant splash page fight commences as the twins sneak up on Ororo as well.
    -Storm kills Gentle, Trinary, Rachel, and destroys Searebro for continuity
    -kidding
    -But Ororo is turned and Jean creates a bubble around herself, Jeen, Wifi, and Tyke to keep the Hounds out. Jean can't reach the Hounds and Jeen can't reach the kids, only for Ahab to explain that he's trained these kids specifically to make Jean look like a fool. Explaining that Xavier's School has spent so much time training young mutants to be weapons against humanity, he figured what he's doing would be poetic justice.
    -Jeen, Wifi, and Tyke contemplate what needs to be done with them resolving that they should just go back (huh?). So they broadcast to the rest of the O5 as they say their goodbyes to their predecessors (in a much less calm way than Blue #35). Bobby's scared of going back into the closet, but Bobby reassures him that he just needs to be himself and he'll find the time, to be honest with himself. Tyke says that they need to find a way to invert the Hound status and defeat Ahab before leaving. Warren and Warren say bye to each other (rip Laura)
    -Wifi says "oath" and bodyslides these teens away. Ahab says he'll track them down and commands the two children to take down the X-Men (which they probably could have done with this writing).
    -Wifi bodyslides them a few years into the future, where he reveals that Maxime and Manon were actually students at the Institute like their parents (begin the speculating). Jeen rushes in the find the twins just as Ahab tracks them down. Jeen runs through the school, sees Rockslide, Armor, and Glob (who are now teachers), and finds Maxime and Manon in the kitchen eating some cereal. Jeen sits down with them and they have a nice little chat and they show her the mechanics of their powers.
    -Meanwhile, the rest of the O5 + Wifi are fighting Ahab and the Hounds, with a particularly badass moment between Tyke and Wifi as they blow up Ahab's ship. With Ahab temporally and temporarily stopped, Wifi sends the O5 back to close the time circuit. Ahab then rushes at Wifi, with nothing left to lose, but not before Wifi bodyslides back to the present and shoots him down.

Finally, what we've all been waiting for.....Jeen and the O5 arrive to the past RIGHT as Beast takes the O5 to "Stop the Mutant Apocalypse!" They get dressed up in their ol' 60s suits and say their goodbyes to each other, Scott wondering if they've made a difference in the world to which Jeen says: "I think we did. I think we made a difference. More than we maybe realize. See you guys on the other side." and erases their memory as X-Men #8 continues as normal.

Back in the present, everything snaps back into the place as the O5 (O4?? well O5 if you know what happens later) are flooded with memories of their younger counterparts adventures. Firmly establishing that those stories counted and those stories exist (someone better update those wiki pages). But more importantly. Jean gets that information that she needed to get rid of the Hound programming. Rachel and two other fodder Hounds grab Ahab and they SHOOMs away. Bobby wonders why she wasn't back to normal, but Jean says that her trauma went deeper than false memories. Wifi lets them (and Rachel fans) know that Ahab is stuck in the present and that he cannot have gone far. Jean and Wifi have a cute moment together before he bodyslides away, much to Domino's chagrin.
    end of spoilers

Epilogue 1:
    spoilers:
    Cable has to share his funeral with Bloodstorm and Mimic, but he seems fine with it. Also, Santo and Glob manage to fit themselves into a suit and it's adorable. Jean and Hope both mourn Cable's loss together, then the O4 head out for milkshakes. They've essentially merged with their younger selves and Bobby's understandably freaked the hell out. But they all agree this would definitely be better with Scott. Too bad he's dead.
    end of spoilers

Epilogue 2 (MAJOR spoilers so read at your own risk unless you've seen this month's solicits):
    spoilers:
    Wifi goes back to one of his undisclosed safe houses, grabs two beers, and starts telling another person in the room that the mission is complete: O5 are back home and Ahab's disastrous future is averted. He then says: "It's finally time for you to come back...Dad. We see him hand a beer to Cyclops, who is geared up in his Whedon outfit. The end.
    end of spoilers

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Holy fuck this was amazing. A+

Did Jean use her pink power to shut off the kids and the hounds?

Also - we can officially stop acting like the O5 are different characters now.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Holy fuck this was amazing. A+

Did Jean use her pink power to shut off the kids and the hounds?

Also - we can officially stop acting like the O5 are different characters now.
    Who do you think was at the funeral? I'd like to think Jean invited Synapse (Jeen and Emily kinda met off-panel).

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Who do you think was at the funeral? I'd like to think Jean invited Synapse (Jeen and Emily kinda met off-panel).
    Cable's entire Uncanny Avengers team was there. They had to be. All of X-Force that's still alive, even Risque and Bedlam.

spoilers:
    Scott and Baby Nate watched from a Drone.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

People actually spent $21 on this. I still want my $5 back.

spoilers:
    I can't believe they did the stupid AND NOW THEY'RE THE SAME resolution. I actually respect that less than them just fucking off. Superman just did this nonsense last year. I can't wait for all of the radical character changes that should be hitting the O5 like Mac Trucks to never happen and for those memories to never be acknowledged again, or only done so to regress Cyclops back to factory settings.
    end of spoilers