Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I do wonder what was the point of giving the current/real 05 the memories of the ones that went back in time. Will any of that actually matter to any of them?
    I really think that Jeen's mindwipe had a predetermined moment to fade away and MAYBE the one in the character that was shown at the epilogue 2 ended a little bit earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    Everything is all back to normal and nothing bad every happened.

Except, Mimic and Bloodstorm we can't fix that.
    And old Cable. I guess his was the third casket.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    And old Cable. I guess his was the third casket.
    Essentially Cable's relationships with all the characters is gone - that puts him in conflict with X-Force and the X-Men. But it essentially erases everything that's happened in Cable's solo books. Even Cable & Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Essentially Cable's relationships with all the characters is gone - that puts him in conflict with X-Force and the X-Men. But it essentially erases everything that's happened in Cable's solo books. Even Cable & Deadpool.
    Yeah, kind of lame. But Deadpool will show up, and it will be kind of fun watching him bounce off this new version who has zero affinity for him. Ha.

I liked it.

Still not interested in kid Cable.

Interesting if grey kids are children of Gambit and Rogue from future.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It was 4.5 issues setup for X-Force + Summers/Grey family drama, then at the very end we got a bit of dialogue with the characters this book is ostensibly about and we get the laziest solution possible to characters we’ve been reading about for six years.
    People keep talking like there was potential, there wasn't.
    They weren't characters, they were plot; they were time paradox's, their nature demanded this end in some level of pointlessness, it would have had to have been a variation on the following:

A. Disconnect them from the timeline, so the entire plot is pointless and they're just a bunch of alternate reality character redundancy's.
    B. Send them back, nothing changes, they are pointless.
    C. Everything changes, and the last 50+ years of stories are pointless.

This was literally the least pointless ending they could have given them; I worked this out years ago.
    The mistake was having them persist, or bringing them forward in the first place.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    This was literally the least pointless ending they could have given them; I worked this out years ago.
    The mistake was having them persist, or bringing them forward in the first place.
    Yeah, this works if it happens right away. The whole point was for Beast to have Cyclops see how far he had strayed from their ideals. That obviously doesn't work. If they go back, and all of a sudden everyone has those memories now Cyclops is seeing things through the eyes of his idealistic self. Of course, that means he gives up his dreams of a revolution and someone would need to come up with a new hook for his Uncanny run.

Astonishing Member

If anyone has a problem with the ending blame bendis for creating this mess of a plot (and ruining superman's son to), not sending them back after secrete wars, and editorial changing them from past and alt reality so many times the writers dont know what's happening. They should have stayed with alt reality and had ahab kill all of them and Jimmy(he'll never be relivent again)