Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

I thought this was a good issue and an appropriate ending to the O5 storyline. I don't know what's the outrage here about lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    hmm, I guess that is true. Hopefully the writers use some of that.
    The writers of Uncanny, which include the one who came up with the idea, are already not using it where they should because Jean and Bobby, especially Jean, should have complicated feelings on Magneto now and Jean shouldn't be barking to students about how they're just children when O5 Jean was their peer.

It's like teen Tony. The writers nor the editors care. They weren't making some kind of interesting new development, they were fixing a perceived boo-boo and now the boo-boo is fixed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    What relationships outside of Scott? A kiss with Beast and another with some random college boy? That is far away from a serious relationship
    I hope some writer retcons Jean and the college kid into having a six month relationship with light BDSM, so you can stop trying to be snide and twisting my words. It might have been just a two month fling, I'm happy there's something. Never said it was a serious relationship on par with Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I hope some writer retcons Jean and the college kid into having a six month relationship with light BDSM, so you can stop trying to be snide and twisting my words. It might have been just a two month fling, I'm happy there's something. Never said it was a serious relationship on par with Scott.
    She barely knew him, probably a week or two. he was a mutant hater and she didn't even know, it was a really the start of it.
    I also don't feel like the relationships mattered, reading Jeen on Blue no one could tell she ever dated anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The writers of Uncanny, which include the one who came up with the idea, are already not using it where they should because Jean and Bobby, especially Jean, should have complicated feelings on Magneto now and Jean shouldn't be barking to students about how they're just children when O5 Jean was their peer.

It's like teen Tony. The writers nor the editors care. They weren't making some kind of interesting new development, they were fixing a perceived boo-boo and now the boo-boo is fixed.
    It's not like many writers will bring it. It can complicate a story very easily
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-19-2018 at 08:17 AM.

Mighty Member

Why does the number of body count matters anyway? How will that help with her character development. If writers will rely on that for some quality development ... then I schleep.

Ok so while in the issue itself was good. Nice dialogue. Good action. It still has a really big problem.

Unless Jeen had an de-agifier, the 05 are not only taller but literally older than their old canon ages.
    -Wouldn't Xavier notice the differences?
    -Warren's body was modified by cosmic power. WOuldn't Apocalypse notice?
    -WOuldn't Hank have some magical traces on him?
    -Does this mean Bobby is stronger than previously stated?

And I hate the fact that Snoop pretty much confirmed this was Teen Tony. I made the same claim and this feels wrong.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I finally read it!
    i loved it i fell there was still tons of stuff unresolved but it was good. I'm so sad Jean is gone, she died forever

also i loved the Jean/Cable part. He is like a cute murderous baby
    DuyXmMPXgAAhPbF.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I thought this was a good issue and an appropriate ending to the O5 storyline. I don't know what's the outrage here about lol.
    It was 4.5 issues setup for X-Force + Summers/Grey family drama, then at the very end we got a bit of dialogue with the characters this book is ostensibly about and we get the laziest solution possible to characters we’ve been reading about for six years.

BANNED

OMG this was one of the best finales I’ve read in a LONGGGG time like I am definitely reading X-force after this kudos to you Eddie and I’m definitely buying the paperback of this whole volume. As someone who literally got into X-men in 2013 when I was 12 Jeen was like the first comic Jean Grey I’ve ever read (All New X-men #11 was my first ever X-men comic) and as the years went by Jeen was growing as I was growing and now that I’m 17 and getting ready to turn 18 it made me so happy (not gonna lie almost shed a tear) when Jeen figured out a way to keep her memories for her adult self and Adult Jean Grey said “I know how to beat you” that was SO BADASS. Yes I know there will always be the Original Jean Grey who I love with a passion but I’m so happy Jeen didn’t get completely erased

Things I want to see in X-Force: Cable aged up some, and a less cartoony artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It was 4.5 issues setup for X-Force + Summers/Grey family drama, then at the very end we got a bit of dialogue with the characters this book is ostensibly about and we get the laziest solution possible to characters we’ve been reading about for six years.
    extermination was a good trailer for the new x-force.

I don't think there was another way of solving this problem in a better way that we had

Everything is all back to normal and nothing bad every happened.

Except, Mimic and Bloodstorm we can't fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    extermination was a good trailer for the new x-force.

I don't think there was another way of solving this problem in a better way that we had
    Cullen Bunn pitched an O5 Exiles book. One that wouldn't have gotten cancelled at #12.

Extraordinary Member

This mega lingering plot line was never going to be able to be resolved in any way that made sense or felt right once it went past the first few issues of Bendis' run. Whatever the resolution set up for future writers can go sit in orbit along with that giant space station full of alien refugees that Mike Carey left hanging around Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Me, like six hours ago before I went to sleep:

"At least I can curb the bloodcurdling rage the X-Line gives me with forum snark!"

Brisson, an intellectual:

"Hold my visor."

spoilers:
    What if... we use the past several years of Cyclops' history as a launchpad to do some character work where Scott comes to terms with the lessons he's learned and finds a way to move forward?

Nah, he just has the memories of a kid who lived in a world learning that X-Clops was a dead stupid loser who was a mistake and also Hitler.
    end of spoilers
    So Ed is on Team Beast Was Right.

Fantastic Member

WOW Jean's not even bothered Rachel was taken away from them.