Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The idea isn't bad. A Bi-weekly book would be good if they had an A story and a B story and give both enough space that they're elements of the same larger story, but focus on different characters....but that is NOT what we got...we got LESS material at a higher cost.

It used to be that the reader was given an omnipotent POV where we knew what was going on, but not where it was going.....now we dont know what's going on, neither do the characters, we don't know where it's going, and when it gets there it makes no sense.

If Storm & Emma were ever written by Ryan Murphy....<3
    Yeah, the problem wasn't really the schedule, just that the talent seemed to have no idea what they were actually doing with their plots and it showed.

Now that yogaflame posted that heavenly, life-giving gif, I realized that the feeling I have for the X-Books right now translates to the biggest Ryan Murphy-isms I dislike: Coven was an excellent premise with stellar acting throughout, but it didn't really resolve its plots very well and came off as random and disjointed in the end. The latest Apocalypse season had the same problem, but much, much worse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Yeah, the problem wasn't really the schedule, just that the talent seemed to have no idea what they were actually doing with their plots and it showed.

Now that yogaflame posted that heavenly, life-giving gif, I realized that the feeling I have for the X-Books right now translates to the biggest Ryan Murphy-isms I dislike: Coven was an excellent premise with stellar acting throughout, but it didn't really resolve its plots very well and came off as random and disjointed in the end. The latest Apocalypse season had the same problem, but much, much worse.
    AHS: Apoc was like reading an Xmen Book....it has everything you could want, but the execution isn't there.

Enchanté ...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

AHS: Apoc was like reading an Xmen Book....it has everything you could want, but the execution isn't there.
    It even has the "lets throw X into the mix so people like it more" feeling to it. spoilers:
    The fact that they only brought back Nan and Queen Angela after tweets and comments from the actresses just seems silly.
    end of spoilers

Much like the X-Writers, it seems like Murphy really wished he could be focused on something else he really wants to do but can't.

BANNED

Ryan Murphy would be perfect on an X-book because (with some exceptions) he also values flash and "moments" over narrative cohesion.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

The worst thing about the “give it a chance crowd” is that they inevitably end up realizing it’s trash every time BUT continue to chant the same thing with each new endeavor despite the warning signs

I think Charlize Theron would’ve made the perfect Emma Frost.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    The worst thing about the “give it a chance crowd” is that they inevitably end up realizing it’s trash every time BUT continue to chant the same thing with each new endeavor despite the warning signs

That and their self-righteous attitude.
    I personally don't gave a shyt that you love it or think that "it isn't even that serious" so there's no need for you care when I think and feel otherwise. Stay in your lane.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-14-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Pessimism Is A Way Of Life.
    This is a story where if the bad guys win, the good guys die, and if the good guys win, they still die.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Ryan Murphy would be perfect on an X-book because (with some exceptions) he also values flash and "moments" over narrative cohesion.
    Exactly. It's all about getting to the "Surprise, bitch!" moment (accompanied by a great song and camera work) regardless of whether or not the actual story makes sense. Just like this preview for Extermination, coincidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post

Some people will just support anything with an "X" on it. Unfortunately to the detriment of the franchise.

I think Charlize Theron would be the perfect Emma still. Hopefully the MCU does the Hellfire Club justice one day.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

This Ryan Murphy talk made me think about AHS actors playing X-Men lol...

Angela Basset as Storm, Cody Fern as Angel, Jessica Lange as Cassandra Nova, Alexandra Breckenridge(young Moira) as Jean, Gaga as Emma(Emma Roberts is too "high school" type bitch for Emma)...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    This Ryan Murphy talk made me think about AHS actors playing X-Men lol...

Angela Basset as Storm, Cody Fern as Angel, Jessica Lange as Cassandra Nova, Alexandra Breckenridge(young Moira) as Jean, Gaga as Emma(Emma Roberts is too "high school" type bitch for Emma)...
    I actually think Lily Rabe would make for a better Emma. Her recurring role in The Good Wife kinda sells it, in my eyes, though Charlize Theron fits perfectly (now that Carol Danvers, her actual perfect fit, was given to someone else). Jessica Lange would als work great, if they wanted to go full-on Philosophical Foil to Xavier and not Snarky Playmate with Physics-Defying Outfit, lol.

Also: Cheyenne Jackson as Northstar. Someone make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Also: Cheyenne Jackson as Northstar. Someone make it happen!
    Matt Bomer>>>>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Matt Bomer>>>>>>>>>
    I mean, OBVIOUSLY YES!, but we were still on AHS