Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

right? this is not the only book where it's been highlighted that she cant read someone's mind. it happened in typhoid mary, in red (granted that was against cassandra), uncanny, and now here. it seems odd, but consistent.

I'm going to be happy to the O5 go home. no more alternate, past or future xmen

**roles eyes in anticipation of age of x**
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-13-2018 at 11:22 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Even Jean has limits. Instead of steamrolling over every problem like it's [pun intended] telepathic child's play, Jean actually has to work at it in some cases. Where's the drama if she shows up and instantly solves every problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Even Jean has limits. Instead of steamrolling over every problem like it's [pun intended] telepathic child's play, Jean actually has to work at it in some cases. Where's the drama if she shows up and instantly solves every problem?
    I just really wanna see her TK someone out a window. For fun.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I dont think she should do that but it does kind of feel like they (the writers) are trying to make these threats seem credible by showing an omega level telepath have so much difficulty. I dont know, it just seems there is a better way to do this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

But that's the inherent problem with TP/TK: Marvel has boosted it beyond just about every other power. It's been that way for decades, with writers having to come up with reasons that Jean, Rachel, Charles, or Emma don't just end the plot. And the reasons are becoming more contrived. Especially with how much they boosted Jeen's power, it makes Jean look weaker by comparison when that shouldn't be the case.

Extermination #5, Spider-Geddon #5, Infinity Wars #6........well Marvel certainly planned the perfect week to end all their events.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Me! There’s no reason why OG adult Cable couldn’t have responded to Ahab coming back, receiving some sort of alert from the future warning him of what happens to the timeline if he kills one of the O5 here and now, and doing everything that Gen Z Cable has done in this series.
    If they really needed a conflict that bad, they could've had the beginning be a convo between Hope and Cable. Both of them wondering what they should do when they see the timeline deteriorated at the end of Cable #159. Cable believing that they should be put in a safe house till this blows over with Hope taking the more pragmatic approach, knocking Cable out and basically assuming the same role that Wifi had in the story.

Domino's got the best line.

And for real... Why hasn't anyone killed those two brats, yet?

Well... Not to mention the whole Jean-talking-calmly-with-the-guy-who-killed-her-son bit...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Stupid sexy Tykeclops.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    Not to mention the whole Jean-talking-calmly-with-the-guy-who-killed-her-son bit...
    Technically that's her son, too. Or at least she'd know this Cable better since he's closer in age to the kid she raised.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Jeez this didn't finish? I thought I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Extermination #5, Spider-Geddon #5, Infinity Wars #6........well Marvel certainly planned the perfect week to end all their events.
    @Me when the X-Office tries to convince me ExtermiNatetion was an event.

@Me when two of my brain cells are working and you tell me that the squad and I's five year run ends abruptly via a wack mini that's also the prettiest trash ever printed.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Defenders Best Defense, Old Man Hawkeye, and Life of Captain Marvel conclude this week too, and the Champions Annual is technically the end of the teen team's first volume as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am interested in how this works out. I hope both Jeans get a moment to shine. I see adult Jean is having some issues already. She should combine powers with teen Jean.
    I feel like Jeen would stomp Adult Jean silly. With the way the woman always has performance issues

Lol, it would be hilarious if as Adult Jean is struggling with their minds, Teen Jean waltzes in puts them all to sleep

Jean: nnrggghh
    Jeen: Chill boo, I got this
    Last edited by Del torro; 12-14-2018 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I just found it funny how Jean is being ordered around by her teenage son.
    Lol, it would be hilarious if Jean said, "I am your mother, and you do not talk to me that way young man"
    WiFi, "yes ma'am"

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont think she should do that but it does kind of feel like they (the writers) are trying to make these threats seem credible by showing an omega level telepath have so much difficulty. I dont know, it just seems there is a better way to do this.
    Marvel thinks it makes the villains look credible but most of the time the heroes come off looking really dumb and incompetent.