Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Such a shame they never did Scott/Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Such a shame they never did Scott/Laura.
    they have zero chemistry

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    It would be great for Rachel to do something, but she has been completely MIA in the past few issues. If she does defeat Ahab, there has been zero build-up for it. I think it's more likely that Rachel doesn't appear at all and will be de-programmed off-panel. Or she gets the Forge treatment and completely ignored.
    I agree. If I was a reader who didn't know anything about Rachel and she all of a sudden acts like she's suppose to and knows how to defeat Ahab, it would come completely out of left field.

I don't have a problem with characters being killed off as long as it's a good story and worth it. But waiting for a few pages of the last issue doesn't make it worth it. And killing off the real Cable to replace him with a younger version who lacks the relationships with the characters is pointless. There's no reason to have a new Cable who has exactly the same backstory but just has zero history with any of the other characters.

But I'm not sure that really matters any more since only romatic relationships seem to be the focus any more. Rachel probably dies or is limboed without actually having appearing on panel with Hope. The X-writers and editors just don't care. And honestly I have no interest in reading comics where those types of relationships are irrelevant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    they have zero chemistry
    Are you kidding?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

it would complicate things too much between logan and scott for something that wasn't going to last. i liked their friendship though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Are you kidding?
    Ya, Warren/Laura had no chemistry. Scott/Laura would have made for unending material and reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    it would complicate things too much between logan and scott for something that wasn't going to last. i liked their friendship though.
    But that’s exactly why it’s a shame they never did it. The 05 were brought to this timeline to complicate things.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-14-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I want the time diplaced O5 journey to have some kind of meaning or consecuences for the adult O5.
    I hope the Ahab plot gets solved quickly and this last issue can give us some nice emotional pages.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I want the time diplaced O5 journey to have some kind of meaning or consecuences for the adult O5.
    I hope the Ahab plot gets solved quickly and this last issue can give us some nice emotional pages.
    I still wonder how cyclops is being brought back and if it is in anyway tied to the ending of this

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Wow, Marvel knew the Mimic swap was so obvious that they put its reveal in the freaking preview. It's obvious how a lot of this is going to wrap up considering that Uncanny's well into things by now, but at least it looks gorgeous.

Guess they had to give Larraz more time to finish? Or did they push it back for other reasons?

And Tyke manning up is always good to see. Gives me hope for the annual.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Also is this the first time a Cable and Tyke interacted. That’s another missed opportunity with Tyke.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Imagine how obviously bad this story would be if Larraz wasn't distracting us with this gorgeous art.
    We saw that last issue.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Why isn't anyone shooting the obvious metal target again?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Also is this the first time a Cable and Tyke interacted. That’s another missed opportunity with Tyke.
    The problem with all of that is Bendis. Bendis did not want any of his O5 having interactions with characters that would make sense unless on his terms. Rachel and Cable were problematic to the stories he wanted to tell about Jean and Scott, so he avoided using them unless he was forced to (ie Rachel) and even then it was under his terms. It was just one of the missed opportunities for engaging character beats that became for some readers problematic to keeping them in this timeline as long as they did. The Tyke solo series was great, and Bunn did some work with Rachel and Tyke, but otherwise it felt like it was a no-go editorially after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The problem with all of that is Bendis. Bendis did not want any of his O5 having interactions with characters that would make sense unless on his terms. Rachel and Cable were problematic to the stories he wanted to tell about Jean and Scott, so he avoided using them unless he was forced to (ie Rachel) and even then it was under his terms. It was just one of the missed opportunities for engaging character beats that became for some readers problematic to keeping them in this timeline as long as they did. The Tyke solo series was great, and Bunn did some work with Rachel and Tyke, but otherwise it felt like it was a no-go editorially after a while.
    That doesnt explain why there was no interaction with Cable after Bendis left and he's been gone over 3 years now

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Are you kidding?
    I had the same reaction.

One of my favorite New X-Men Stories was when Laura was introduced.

Tyke and Laura found each other at a good time. Laura was recovering from Arcade's Horrors and Tyke reached out to her. This happened when nearly everybody hated Cyclops and decided to take it all out on his 05 counterpart. Laura was one of the few that didn't and accepted him.

The circumstances had many missed opportunities for some good stories between them.