Default The Hunters of the Darkness: A Quest RPG:

Notice: Due to the fact 12/16/18 is coming around the corner, this is something I do. Instead of asking for gifts, I give gifts. This gift I give to you guys.

Notes:

1: This is not a free form sand box deal that I normally do, this has arcs, plot, lore, and still a massive amount of action.

2: This is a "Quest" Game. What this means is we do not all rp as characters, rather the main forum personas and posters.. Vote based on being the "main star" to get plot going. While I npc the Hell out of everyone else.

3: No Stat charts, no power lists. None of that, operatives are randomly generated and got to do a act or pay them to join up. Closest thing to stats is the perks, levels of said perks, and DICE rolls. It's met to be entertaining and still able to change the world. But well things can get random on occasion.

4: Each round is a month long, divided by weeks. Each week up to three things can be done. Judging by performance if you keep getting cash to support your efforts. (like X Com, just way more kinds of enemies.)

5: Have fun. And if a tie in votes goes on for too long, tie breaker.

6: Bigger number, good, lower number bad.

7: This is for fun. A interactive plot thing.

8: You generate the "Boss" and the "faction" you guys will be playing as, by popular vote.

9: Smallest choices is A-B. The most? A-J.

Plot summary.

“There are things, that go bump in the night. It is our job to find them and kill them all. It is not a easy, or glamorous job. But it is a job, that must be done. Come, let us save Humanity. If they deserve it is not our job or place to decide. We hunt the monsters, become the Hunter.”

The year is 2020. Despite long pause of nothing happening, now sights and sounds, reports of. Really bad things happening. Cue the calls, it is time to step into action.”

If people are interested. Will send the Creation stuff next. (Cannot, because it's bigger than posts are supposed to be here.)

Also so serious about this, using my lap top, not phone. (Did work on phone first, but not posting.)

Edit: You do get to play as the operatives and etc. by voting what they do next.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 12-13-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'll say up front that I don't have the time or inclination to spare on an RPG but I wanted to clarify about how this game is supposed to work.

There are preset characters whom we vote on what they do, there are no stats and they don't level per say rather than buff perks that influence dice rolls?

Forgive me, but I'm struggling to see the appeal here. Why would you want to play an RPG where your "character's" actions are subject to a public vote? Or am I misunderstanding the system?

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Notice: Due to the fact 12/16/18 is coming around the corner, this is something I do. Instead of asking for gifts, I give gifts. This gift I give to you guys.

Notes:

1: This is not a free form sand box deal that I normally do, this has arcs, plot, lore, and still a massive amount of action.

2: This is a "Quest" Game. What this means is we do not all rp as characters, rather the main forum personas and posters.. Vote based on being the "main star" to get plot going. While I npc the Hell out of everyone else.

3: No Stat charts, no power lists. None of that, operatives are randomly generated and got to do a act or pay them to join up. Closest thing to stats is the perks, levels of said perks, and DICE rolls. It's met to be entertaining and still able to change the world. But well things can get random on occasion.

4: Each round is a month long, divided by weeks. Each week up to three things can be done. Judging by performance if you keep getting cash to support your efforts. (like X Com, just way more kinds of enemies.)

5: Have fun. And if a tie in votes goes on for too long, tie breaker.

6: Bigger number, good, lower number bad.

7: This is for fun. A interactive plot thing.

8: You generate the "Boss" and the "faction" you guys will be playing as, by popular vote.

9: Smallest choices is A-B. The most? A-J.

Plot summary.

“There are things, that go bump in the night. It is our job to find them and kill them all. It is not a easy, or glamorous job. But it is a job, that must be done. Come, let us save Humanity. If they deserve it is not our job or place to decide. We hunt the monsters, become the Hunter.”

The year is 2020. Despite long pause of nothing happening, now sights and sounds, reports of. Really bad things happening. Cue the calls, it is time to step into action.”

If people are interested. Will send the Creation stuff next. (Cannot, because it's bigger than posts are supposed to be here.)

Also so serious about this, using my lap top, not phone. (Did work on phone first, but not posting.)

Edit: You do get to play as the operatives and etc. by voting what they do next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'll say up front that I don't have the time or inclination to spare on an RPG but I wanted to clarify about how this game is supposed to work.

There are preset characters whom we vote on what they do, there are no stats and they don't level per say rather than buff perks that influence dice rolls?

Forgive me, but I'm struggling to see the appeal here. Why would you want to play an RPG where your "character's" actions are subject to a public vote? Or am I misunderstanding the system?
    It’s actually quite a popular system these days. Basically the board members all vote on options given by the GM and well story results. Most numbers win and the plot goes on that way.

Hell most Quest rpgs I have seen the GM is legitimately trying to **** over player progress But vote is vote. So yeah it’s more of a system where plot is super malleable ( but still a plot) due to actions.

I went with something simple, and this is simple.

As my typical works I got are over 40 pages long of info. And Sharkers site showed me our community as a whole are not up to that.

Oh and to clear something up. You *do* have two characters of your own creation though must vote for that person to be the one used.

In this case the Leader or Boss.

Boss Creator: Pick 5 from below.
    1: Field Operative: The Boss worked in military. As a result can be fielded as a operative. Default of 5 perks (Which I will add on.) So a fighting boss.
    2: Commanding Officer: Like the above, except while in military knew how to lead people in battle. (So less people die under command while storming the enemy.)
    3: Occultist: Took some time to study magic and occult notes. Bonus in dealing with this stuff.
    4: Lost World Connection: Spent time in a land of Fable and Myth. With trinkets and training from said place. Due to knowledge of where it is, can always go back to there.
    5: Trained to the Extreme: Handy as an operative in starting off with more skills (The Bat Man method of badassery.)
    6: Big Business: Start off with a ton of money and working as a CEO of yet another company to fund to monster hunting.
    7: First World Politician: Used to dealing with politics of the upper countries. So, know their game plans, and how to work them to company’s favor. Also a connection to their stuff.
    8: Third World Politician: Having deals with Third World Dictators, know how to exercise power and respect with force. Plus can sometimes buy their troops for numbers.
    9: High Command Rank: In the military your character made it to rank of General. And due to connections there, can easily get hands on some military gear.
    10: Alien Tech Wizard: For some reason capable of working alien technology easily. Outfit said reproduced tech.
    11: Xeno Biologist: Know anatomy studies of every freakken critter killed by the company. Better to school newbies on how to get it done.
    12: Super Soldier: Not only is the boss a operative, but a Augmented one too (Meaning can start with 10 perks.)
    13: Family Business: Your family has ran this job for at least five generations, your number six. So plenty of paper work to draw inspiration from and lore/history.
    14: Anti Magic Tools: Since a anti supernatural company. One knows how to dispel magic with items and not counter spells.
    15: Personal Allies: picking this gives spare/free characters who wish to help boss out.
    16: Mentor(s) GM rolls for number. But mentors willing to help with advice, or action.
    17: Engineering Legend: The Boss in life time helped construct some of the most insane modern things in the world. With this, a plus towards crafting/building new gear.
    18: Estate: The HQ in this case (main) is the family mansion. So the boss and personal staff live there. And since own the land, rent free for said space.
    19: Genius: Leader plans always get a positive modifier, as the leader is very smart, competent and knows which way is up.
    20: Ancient: Due to one reason or another, the boss may appear young, but in fact is more 200-300 years old. With some sort of treatment or another. Adds experience/lore and back ground history.

So yeah the forum votes (You guys) on name, race, back ground info and the picks the boss has. In essence you are all this character. Your representative. THe Operatives are preset but you get to boss them around. For different plot effects.

Also got to pick flaws because no one is perfect here.

Boss Flaws: 2 below.
    1: Vice: The boss has bad hobbies, and the underlings suffer due to a uncaring leader.
    2: Flash Backs: Suffering from seeing serious stuff during time as chief. Sadly, you do not retire from this job, that sort of thing is considered “death.”
    3: Rocky Relationship: Do not get along with certain operatives.

4: Messed Up Relationship: Good luck trying to have someone, you tried, it did not work and find it difficult to try again.
    5: Fragile: Sickly youth, old, or just weak. Cannot take a hit and should not be a operative. Or attempt it.
    6: Rival: A business rival, which leads to bad blood.
    7: Atheist: Despite the fact God and supernatural things exist. Still brush it off as other stuff. Oh ye of little faith.
    8: Newbie: Ohhh boy, you just started this job last month. Nd its going to be rocky. Prepare for trial and error and sometimes not being listened to and orders disobeyed.

9: Nonhuman: The boss is not human or half human!? Argh! Monster! Good luck getting the jobs, sure you can, but always well treated like a threat at board meetings. Good news is, got a legit reason to be a operative.
    10: Addiction: Like Vice but worse. Here you need a certain thing to make you happy and willing to pay through the nose to get it.
    11: Dependent: Maybe you have a family, children, a love? But still, must work extra hard to keep them safe in this dangerous world.
    12: Touch of Madness; Your boss is ailing and in trouble. Because the boss has a mental disorder and trying to keep it in check while dealing with the bad.

Will post Organization or Faction builder only if people are legitimately going to try this new deal.

Just wanted to share a system not done here but have experienced on other rpg forums. It is honestly fun to see how posters think priority wise.

Edit: Well yeah the more characters you get make votes for them too and there is a way to “make up” operatives but you need to see base picks for those perks.

Edit 2: A example

Cue helping a small village, people turn u dead in forest. Obviously something wrong. Here are options.

A: Go in Full Force
    B: Set up cameras and traps to attempt to ambush whatever it is or find out what it is.
    C: Call in a air strike to burn the woods and drive the critter out.
    D: If operative has magic of sorts. Can channel magic to get a Id of what it is.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 12-15-2018 at 08:38 AM.

There is a less strategy /Corey one and a rpg one with character creation and etc. I just wanted to introduce Quest. If anyone interested in a rpg fashion let me know here and I will post that version here.

Job titles in agent only play:

Operations

Field Operations

Damage Control

Aerospace enforcement

Temporal Odfice

Extradimensional office

Public Relations

Paranormal relations

Correctional services
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 12-18-2018 at 09:32 PM.