Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PREVIEW: Iceman #4

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...14/iceman4.htm
    (W) Sina Grace
    (A) Nathan Stockman
    (C) W. Scott Forbes

New York is finally throwing its first Mutant Pride Parade! But it may also be the last, as Mr. Sinister escalates his attacks on Iceman!

that was so cute!

Ah yes, the only literally and actually cool X-Book.

-Why do these two pages make Kitty more likable and human than entire recent series about Kitty? Did Nick Spencer ghostwrite these? (That is the highest compliment I can give to a writer.)

-BEEP BEEP

Isn't Kitty's hair already short enough to be called a pixie cut? I get the feeling the artist and writer aren't quite on the same page here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

"sinister is obsessed with me"

No Bobby, sinister is obsessed with Scott. Get your own villain

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't Kitty's hair already short enough to be called a pixie cut? I get the feeling the artist and writer aren't quite on the same page here.
    I did a quick Google search and found out that while Kitty's hair is short enough to look like a pixie cut, the back of her head is not. I would say her haircut is more in line with a Bob cut.ulta_facebook_live_bob_cut7.jpg

Ps. I'm a guy and should say that I am in no way an expert in women hairstyles
    Last edited by Flashback; 12-14-2018 at 02:24 AM.

Kittys hair is the one thing, I like about her these days.

I never thought, I'd enjoy a BishopxBobby duo this much though. Love this book and where its going.

Great preview. Bobby riding on an ice scooter? Sold!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

This preview looks good. I like the way Grace writes most of the voices here. Is the whole mini like this or is the preview an outlier? It got me interested in this mini for the first time and I only read bits of the previous volume.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This preview looks good. I like the way Grace writes most of the voices here. Is the whole mini like this or is the preview an outlier? It got me interested in this mini for the first time and I only read bits of the previous volume.
    The book is great. The first volume's art didn't jive with the scripts 100%, but this time Stockman is a perfect match and they just sing together. He writes the best Kitty since she came back to the line.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Thank God the interior art is getting better. I'm not a fan of the cover one.

"The Cuckoos".
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Although I loved the first volume for the growth of Bobby's characterization, this second mini is not that good, imho. This preview though looks very good. If you want to read this, I would advice you to read just #1 and skip to this #4, you won't lose the plot points. If you like Emma, maybe #2 will be good for you as well. The third issue I disliked a lot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Great preview. Bobby riding on an ice scooter? Sold!
    Agreed. :-)

Storm doing make up???....WOW.

BANNED

Where are storm's eyes? They only go all white when she's using her powers. lol

I'm glad I have Uncanny to see someone actually making Kitty shut up instead of this false "oh you're so wonderful kitten" bullshit.

Feels like I'm reading a last years comic book.

The Hangry part was good oddly the Morlocks are more logical than the xmen.

This was actually really great. Iceshop (LOVE IT!) continues to be a fun, weird pairing, and Bobby is always a delight (when Sina isn't projecting too much). The Kitty praise would generally annoy me, but that Kitty-Ro scene is the kind of interaction the books have been missing and both sound in character given their history, so I love it.

The "I must face the villain alone" thing is kind of dumb, of course, but it's a 5-issue solo so I can understand. Looking forward to this.