Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Jean and the Cuckoos interacted?? I NEED TO SEE THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Yes, I need to see that.

BTW, someone help me out here, but weren't the Cuckoos kind bad guys now? Did I miss something?

BANNED

You didn't see them all working together in IvX?

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    BTW, someone help me out here, but weren't the Cuckoos kind bad guys now? Did I miss something?
    No they're good. They tried to bring back two of their dead sisters, but defeated Esme again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    I did a quick Google search and found out that while Kitty's hair is short enough to look like a pixie cut, the back of her head is not. I would say her haircut is more in line with a Bob cut.
    Even so, note the dialogue she uses, then look at X-Men Gold #1. Even if it's slightly longer now, it's definitely been a pixie recently. Her dialogue here implies she's never had it so short, which isn't true.

And why would a wrinkle make her joke about considering shaving her head anyway? Would've made more sense if she was talking about a grey hair, especially considering Storm's response.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Pretty sure Jean knew about the Cuckoos before she died since they joined the school during Morrison's run.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Yeah, the Cuckoos are big fans of Jean, even back during the Morrison era. So it's not like them working together would be anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    You didn't see them all working together in IvX?
    I mean does it count that it wasn't adult Jean (as I presume the poster was excited about) who was in IvX? Her relationship with the Cuckoos was all together different then Jean and the Cuckoos back in the day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Pretty sure Jean knew about the Cuckoos before she died since they joined the school during Morrison's run.
    They're the ones who told her about Scott & Emma lol

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I mean does it count that it wasn't adult Jean (as I presume the poster was excited about) who was in IvX? Her relationship with the Cuckoos was all together different then Jean and the Cuckoos back in the day.
    Ah ok...I understand now...sorry too many crossovers/books/events all at once...can't keep track who is where at what time and timeline.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Bobby, you ass, you're going to make that hardwood buckle.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Ah ok...I understand now...sorry too many crossovers/books/events all at once...can't keep track who is where at what time and timeline.
    You sound like an X-editor....

No they're good. They tried to bring back two of their dead sisters, but defeated Esme again.
    This was in All-New Wolverine, right? I remember they featured heavily in that book, but I haven't actually read it. I assume Phoebe also had to go down again, right?

You speak the truth.

BANNED

Sadly,..but if I were one I'd like to think I'd be doing a better job.

This was in All-New Wolverine, right? I remember they featured heavily in that book, but I haven't actually read it. I assume Phoebe also had to go down again, right?
    You speak the truth.
    It was a really cute story and done perfectly. I highly recommend it....Sophie & Esme were the ones that brought back. It was one of those character focused stories you dont get in the main books anymore. They're too busy doing events to even have a 'B-line' story.

Sadly,..but if I were one I'd like to think I'd be doing a better job.

It was a really cute story and done perfectly. I highly recommend it....Sophie & Esme were the ones that brought back. It was one of those character focused stories you dont get in the main books anymore. They're too busy doing events to even have a 'B-line' story.
    I think the editors right now get paid to show up and not much else, it certainly reads like that.

I actually thought about searching all 5 cuckoos to see if I got the name right, but laziness got the best of me LOL. Sophie was the heroic Cuckoo, then. I may check that story out, sounds great.

That comment about character work is what I actually loved about the Iceman preview. That scene between Storm and Kitty was lovely and read in-character. I miss that, in general.

BANNED

I think the editors right now get paid to show up and not much else, it certainly reads like that.
    That comment about character work is what I actually loved about the Iceman preview. That scene between Storm and Kitty was lovely and read in-character. I miss that, in general.
    I've said it before in another thread...to me that editors they have aren't comic fans. It's a job they don't want to do. You do not get a sense of passion from these books. When Gold/Blue launched they had a "meet our team" and most of the editors were young and "who are you?"....gone are the days when writers progressed to being an editor within the company.

Kitty & Storm are a natural fit, but the praise for Kitty is tired...and honestly giving her a speech she doesn't want to do sounds like the beginning of Uncanny.

I don't know if it's editorial or not, but it seems that Sina picks up on elements from other books that have already been printed and makes this book feel like it could've come out earlier.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That was the recent X-23 book with Tamaki.

Mighty Member

Sinister should be trying to splice Summers DNA with anything under the sun rather than deal with Iceman. Let a Marauder handle him.