View Poll Results: Should The Wonder Family Have Non-Lasso Weapons?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 58.33%
  • No

4 33.33%
  • I Don't Know/It Doesn't Matter

1 8.33%

Default Distinctive Weapons For The Main WW Amazons: Yay or Nay?

Came about this idea because of the discussion about Donna having different weapons than Diana in the Titans thread. Do you think the main Amazon characters (Donna, Artemis, Hippolyta, Cassie, Nubia and whoever else they decide to push) should have distinct, non-Lasso weapons?

For those who are in the "yay" camp, please feel free to list what weapons you'd give to them in place of lassos.

I voted no only because I don't think Diana, Donna or Cassie should have non-lasso weapons.

Hippolyta isn't a superhero, so she's good with just about any ancient weaponry. She wasn't, to my knowledge, associated with any one weapon, so I wouldn't nail her down to one.
    Artemis should have a bow - goes with the name She shouldn't have a lasso, imo.

Why is it important that they have weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    It isn't necessarily. But if they do, the question is they should have different weapons or just have lassos with different effects.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Diana has ONE magical weapon. Cassie has ALL magical weapons. Donna IS a magical weapon.

Barring that, brass knuckles!
    Last edited by CRaymond; 12-14-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Note that Diana has a multi-purpose tool rather than a weapon.

Truth revealer. Univeral translator. Lasso for catching things. Shield against magical dangers. Restraining device. Emergency flashlight. Power conduit. Curing certain physical and mental ailments. And weapon.

I'd say that the lasso is more batbelt than anything else.

Personally. the immediate Wonder family can have a lasso.... Diana, Donna, Cassie. Beyond that, characters like Nubia had a sword and shield, and Artemis was always good with a bow and arrows... but all wear the bracelets, as all Amazons do (or should)

Lassos are weapona so Wonder-specific everyone but Hippolyta should have one. Gold, silver, purple, red, cord, rope, barbed wire, chain, truth, persuasion, lightning, paralysis, they all should have different abilities as well as their own look. Like Diana Hippolyta's great with anything she can get her hands on in a fight and Diana should have her bracelet arsenal again.

Im going to agree on Diana, Donna, and Cassie never getting more than lassos. Its just logical themeing.
    With Nubia I say a suit of armor and her sword/shield set up helps her to stand apart.
    And as for Artemis, putting aside the obvious of giving her a bow, I rather liked that magic battle axe shes been hauling around

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Im going to agree on Diana, Donna, and Cassie never getting more than lassos. Its just logical themeing.
    With Nubia I say a suit of armor and her sword/shield set up helps her to stand apart.
    And as for Artemis, putting aside the obvious of giving her a bow, I rather liked that magic battle axe shes been hauling around
    Does Artemis' battle axe have a name besides "mistress"? Think of how great she'd be with it tied to her new lasso like Diana did her sword in #60. Arrows should be her specialty more so than any other Wonder though, because they're how we met her. That's why I like the Bow of Ra.

Apparently that is its name https://comicvine.gamespot.com/mistress/4055-59031/
    And yeah, the bow of ra was neat

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I only want to see Diana, Donna, and Cassie use bladed weapons in extreme situations like if they were to fight Doomsday, Darkseid, Trigon, or the Anti-Monitor.

I'm fine with Hippolyta, Artemis, or Nubia using bladed weapons whenever as they have usually been portrayed to be comfortable with them since the characters were introduced.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Diana, Magic Lasso/Golden Lasso of Truth and Bracers of Aegis

Donna Troy, silver lasso of promethium, bracers of amazonium, and Bo of Selene, a magical bo staff of changing lengths

Cassandra Sandsmark, Lasso of Lightning and bracers of amazonium

Hippolyta, Sword of Hephaestus and bracers of amazonium

Artemis, Bow of Ra and bracers of nutinium

Achilles Warkiller, Spear of Athena

Nu'Bia, Sword of the Moirai and bracers of amazonium

Wonder Boy, bracers of virobrium and Diadem of Soteria

Fury, Cestuses of Athena and Cloak of Pallas

Superwoman, Sapphire Lasso of Submission and bracers of olympium

Jason, absolutely nothing
    Last edited by WonderScott; 12-16-2018 at 10:30 AM.

They are train to fight, I don't have problem with people from a culture who train to fight using different weapons. Plus I don't see Lasso as a primary weapon, So I am fine with a Sword and Shield, Spear and Shield, Bow and arrows being part of the mix. I am personally fine with Wonder Woman primarily using her fists but carrying her lasso and Shield and sword as well, as tools for different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Cassandra Sandsmark, Lasso of Lightning and bracers of amazonium
    Well, I agree with everything but Cassie's bracers. This is solely because she did not have them after she became a demi-goddess.