Default Will DC and Marvel ever re-release the amalgam comics as part of an omnibus?

I've wanted to read them for a while now and I've noticed in recent years a lot of omnibus books have been released. So I'm wondering do you think the amalgam comics will ever be released in an omnibus format? Do you think they'll ever be re-released?

I'd be very surprised if any of the DC/Marvel crossovers ever saw a reprint. Particularly the Amalgam/DC Universe vs Marvel Universe stuff. When Amalgam was going on, the industry was on the verge of collapse & Marvel was facing very tough times financially (if I recall), so in a sense both companies really needed each other. But today, with different people in charge on each side, I just don't see either company feeling a need to reprint this stuff. I'd love to be wrong, though! The stories weren't great, but they were definitely fun.

I still have a tpb of "DC vs Marvel", and I believe I saw an Amalgam tpb not long ago somewhere. Fun stuff.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I'd be very surprised if any of the DC/Marvel crossovers ever saw a reprint.
    Agreed. While I won't go so far as to say it's impossible, it seems very unlikely that we'll see that kind of cooperation between The Big Two again. At the time WB didn't seem to have much interest in any of its DC properties other than Batman (and even that was weakening). Nobody was all that interested in Marvel properties overly much; X-Men and Spider-Man were still a few years away. So there wasn't really anything to lose to competitor in a project like AC.

Now Disney and WB are viewing their respective properties as major IP, and Disney's made it pretty clear that they're not interested in sharing benefits from their toys with anybody else.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The short answer is NO.

It was a major feat back then and in today's climate will NEVER happen again.
    I don't see a reprinting of the material happening again either unfortunately.
    Some of the Amalgam stuff was a lot of fun - and I enjoyed the Access character too. It was a shame it all kind of petered out and faded into obscurity.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I've wanted to read them for a while now and I've noticed in recent years a lot of omnibus books have been released. So I'm wondering do you think the amalgam comics will ever be released in an omnibus format? Do you think they'll ever be re-released?
    I hope not! Purchase too many tpb's as it is.