Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    Bacholo drawing anything....yuck.
    Uh...hello?? Chris Bachalo is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    bachalo drawing taskmaster hnnnng

BACHALO DRAWING CENTIPEDE HNNNNNG
    He used to be really good. I picked up those first few issues of Generation X because of his unique style.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Sure. But not at creating easy to follow action sequences. He excels at clutter. I predict that Taskmaster will look like a large graceless dwarf in that issue.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Agree to disagree I'm afraid as I find him average at best personally speaking.

hopefully Bachalo stays for another arc after the upcoming one.

Fantastic Member

Robots my friend, Robots. Last issue showed the villain buying a death trap from Arcade and Arcade makes realistic robots as part of his death traps.

BANNED

spoilers:
    Most of the issue is filler, with Jameson reliving all of his highs and lows in his life, while Peter battles the Scorpion. Jameson uses the old Spider-Slayer to beat up and tie up the forces attacking the pair and Peter gets the best of Gargan, but then a giant sized version of The Big Man attacks the pair of them
    end of spoilers

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    Most of the issue is filler, with Jameson reliving all of his highs and lows in his life, while Peter battles the Scorpion. Jameson uses the old Spider-Slayer to beat up and tie up the forces attacking the pair and Peter gets the best of Gargan, but then a giant sized version of The Big Man attacks the pair of them
    end of spoilers
    I'm a bit mad that they didn't reference Mattie at all.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm a bit mad that they didn't reference Mattie at all.
    I'd have been more surprised if they did to be honest, I agree that it was disappointing that she wasn't as I don't mind the Mattie character but Marvel don't seem to have any interest in even referencing her right now from what I can tell at least.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'd have been more surprised if they did to be honest, I agree that it was disappointing that she wasn't as I don't mind the Mattie character but Marvel don't seem to have any interest in even referencing her right now from what I can tell at least.
    I got all excited for The Clone Conspiracy, because I really liked Mattie in Alias/Jessica Jones, and am still really angry about Grim Hunt. I should not have. And this just feels like Spencer either forgot or was told not to include her. Maybe it'll come up with Kraven's upcoming plotline.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I got all excited for The Clone Conspiracy, because I really liked Mattie in Alias/Jessica Jones, and am still really angry about Grim Hunt. I should not have. And this just feels like Spencer either forgot or was told not to include her. Maybe it'll come up with Kraven's upcoming plotline.
    Maybe she'll get mentioned but I won't be expecting it personally speaking, having said that it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong in predictions. Whether Spencer has been told not to include her or reference her or anything I can't really say for certain one way or the other though.

Where is the Spider-Sense???

BANNED

Where is the Spider-Sense???
    Not sure where he would necessarily need it this issue. The danger is all around him, in plain sight. And it's not like he got blindsided in any fight. He handles himself perfectly well.

Really loved this issue. Last issue was perfectly solid but this has an extra level of spark and humor to it. Spencer warms up even more to the new Spidey/Jonah dynamic here and there's some genuinely hilarious lines, like when Jonah speculates that this trip through memory lane, lauding his many achievements, isn't really a death trap but an "encouragement trap."

I also liked Spidey looking at the flashback to baby John Jr. and quipping "He's a lot less hairy than I remember."

Anyhow, fun stuff and the cliffhanger was cool. Wonder if the identity behind the attacker is going to turn out to be the obvious choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Not sure where he would necessarily need it this issue. The danger is all around him, in plain sight. And it's not like he got blindsided in any fight. He handles himself perfectly well.

Really loved this issue. Last issue was perfectly solid but this has an extra level of spark and humor to it. Spencer warms up even more to the new Spidey/Jonah dynamic here and there's some genuinely hilarious lines, like when Jonah speculates that this trip through memory lane, lauding his many achievements, isn't really a death trap but an "encouragement trap."

I also liked Spidey looking at the flashback to baby John Jr. and quipping "He's a lot less hairy than I remember."

Anyhow, fun stuff and the cliffhanger was cool. Wonder if the identity behind the attacker is going to turn out to be the obvious choice.
    I liked this issue too, but he got hit by pretty dogeable blows from Scorpion. That's all I'm saying.

But this issue was fun, if a bit shorter than the others.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

I can't imagine why anyone would tell Spencer not to include her, given that she appeared quite prominently in Clone Conspiracy a couple years ago. There are just only so many pages in a book, and the death of a little-loved supporting character who'd need some explanation just didn't make the cut, I imagine.

(Remember, she wasn't even really his niece...)