Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Back on the Tube: Niche Battles For Days

Delays mean more time for me to think of fights that could use more exposure.

Fight 01 - Trevor Belmont (Castlevania) versus Zuko (Avatar: the Last Airbender)

Trevor has the Morningstar and a sword, Zuko has his standard powers and his swords. Fight takes place a deserted Ba Sing Se.

Fight 02 - Genos (One Punch Man) versus Alita (Battle Angel Alita)

Current era Genos and Alita is in her Imaginos 1.0 body. Which combat cyborg takes the battle? Fight takes place in the arena of the Z.O.T.T

Fight 03 - Miles Morales (Marvel Comics) versus Superboy (Young Justice)

Current versions for both, fight takes place in a deserted version of the police station from Brooklyn Nine Nine.

Fight 04 - Minami "Ikki" Itsuki (Air Gear) versus Fat Cobra and Iron Fist (Marvel Comics)

Current versions for all, Ikki doesn't have his regalia but had to get by on his normal aerokinetic abilities. Fight takes place on a train that is hanging over the edge of a cliff in the mountains.

Fight 05 - Alibaba (Magi: Labyrinth of Magic) versus Ni Tian Er Xing (Feng Shen Ji)

Battle of the swordsman. Er Xing has had his petrification sickness halted. Battle takes place at the lake of the duel between Nameless and Flying Snow in Hero.

Who wins these battles of somewhat niche boys?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 12-16-2018 at 03:09 AM.

Well, I'm on a long train journey home for the holidays so I'm going to answer my own rumble to pass the time. Feel free to weigh in if you disagree with my takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Fight 01 - Trevor Belmont (Castlevania) versus Zuko (Avatar: the Last Airbender)

Trevor has the Morningstar and a sword, Zuko has his standard powers and his swords. Fight takes place a deserted Ba Sing Se.
    This is a tough one but my gut goes with Zuko. I think he's got more options with his firebending that offset the range advantage Trevor enjoys. I think he's maybe a tiny bit more skilful, Trevor somewhat erred on the side of flying by the seat of his pants while Zuko seemed much more confident.

Trevor is bigger and stronger though, Zuko is still just a teenager. But yeah, advantage Zuko for me.

Fight 02 - Genos (One Punch Man) versus Alita (Battle Angel Alita)

Current era Genos and Alita is in her Imaginos 1.0 body. Which combat cyborg takes the battle? Fight takes place in the arena of the Z.O.T.T
    While Genos undoubtedly gives a good account of himself, he's got more than enough firepower to play with and might be a touch faster at this point, Alita is much more skilful and, perhaps most prominently, experienced. She's faced down weirder things than Genos and shown herself supremely capable.

It's a good fight though, Genos will push her quite a bit and can play keepaway to frustrate her. Advantage Alita but not by that much.

Fight 03 - Miles Morales (Marvel Comics) versus Superboy (Young Justice)

Current versions for both, fight takes place in a deserted version of the police station from Brooklyn Nine Nine.
    This one I don't really know that well. I think Connor might be durable enough to take whatever Miles has and keep kicking but he's likely way too slow to keep up.

I think Miles wears him down over time for more TKO than KO victory.

Fight 04 - Minami "Ikki" Itsuki (Air Gear) versus Fat Cobra and Iron Fist (Marvel Comics)

Current versions for all, Ikki doesn't have his regalia but had to get by on his normal aerokinetic abilities. Fight takes place on a train that is hanging over the edge of a cliff in the 1.
    This one is... yikes this has a lot of moving parts. Ikki doesn't want to get hit and had a big advantage in terms of mobility and range game. He's likely a bit faster but both of his opponents are supremely durable and Ikki's going to have work really hard to put either one of them down.

The Weapons' lack of flight will hurt them as Ikki can just kick a tornado at them, tear apart the train they are fighting on and they'll have to just deal with it unless Danny can punch out the wind or something.

Tentatively saying Ikki but he's going to have to go with hit and run stuff all day. He'll get wrecked in short order up close. I think the environmental advantage he has swings it for me. Neutral ground, the duo would win it.

Fight 05 - Alibaba (Magi: Labyrinth of Magic) versus Ni Tian Er Xing (Feng Shen Ji)

Battle of the swordsman. Er Xing has had his petrification sickness halted. Battle takes place at the lake of the duel between Nameless and Flying Snow in Hero.
    And this one is pretty challenging. Assuming Alibaba has Amon and his quasi-precog abilities then he's going to give Er Xing a tough time.

On the other hand, Er Xing is a master of Vanishing Arts and is, in my opinion, a superior swordsman. His annuities are also better suited for area denial rather than direct damage.

I think of all the battles this is the closest. I think Alibaba has just enough tricks in his book to take a slim majority but it's a razor edge.

That's my take. Typing this up used up about half an hour or so of my journey so purpose is served.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ehh....I actually think Trevor might take his fight. Range, and I don’t think Zuko has ever fought a weapon quite like the Morningstar.

Trevor is a tricky one. Firebending lends Zumo a good advantage, but the oddity of the Morningstar maybe his undoing.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ehh....I actually think Trevor might take his fight. Range, and I don’t think Zuko has ever fought a weapon quite like the Morningstar.

Trevor is a tricky one. Firebending lends Zumo a good advantage, but the oddity of the Morningstar maybe his undoing.
    This was my thinking, it's pretty close.

I think, given his experience of fighting waterbenders who literally have a weapon that changes shape and movement moment to moment, I figured he'd have the ability to react and compensate for Trevor's shenanigans.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

This was my thinking, it's pretty close.

I think, given his experience of fighting waterbenders who literally have a weapon that changes shape and movement moment to moment, I figured he'd have the ability to react and compensate for Trevor's shenanigans.
    It’s a city fight though. Better for Trevor ambushes and limits AoE Fire attacks somewhat.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member

How good is the Morningstar against Non-Vampires?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    How good is the Morningstar against Non-Vampires?
    It's a big metal spiky ball thing that seems to give off a blast of heat/flame.

I imagine reasonably effective.

Extraordinary Member

It's a big metal spiky ball thing that seems to give off a blast of heat/flame.

I imagine reasonably effective.
    I don't recall it giving off heat. It makes Vampires that touch the head of the mace explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I don't recall it giving off heat. It makes Vampires that touch the head of the mace explode.
    There was a shot when he was fighting Dracula in the penultimate episode when he hit Dracula with it and the animation seemed like the head of the Morningstar was giving off a big burst of heat and while it burnt Drac a bit he did not explode.

So... my interpretation is that there's some intrinsic heat magic in there perhaps.

Failing that, it's still a big old whip mace thing. Zuko doesn't want to get hit by that.

I think with how potent Miles venom blast is and the AOE effect it shows along with knocking out Armadillo and rhino iirc, along with what he did to Blackheart, I think he can take Conner tbh

I gotta agree on Trevor winning high difficulty too tbh
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie