Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You know? I have been thinking about a story like this one for years, only in my version, Kraven gave each member of his "clan" (like his sons and wife), the power of one animal. I can imagine Kraven as the lead of Spider-Ma's animal rogues, composed by Rhino, Lizard, Vulture and some others.

Don't forget, a week from tomorrow will be when issue #16 comes out.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #16
    THE ROAD TO "HUNTED" STARTS HERE!
    • The biggest AMAZING SPIDER-MAN story of the year starts next month, so don't miss this prologue!
    • The Kraven thread gets woven into Spider-Man's life in a terrifying way that puts Spidey on the road to ruin!
    (W) Nick Spencer (A) Ryan Ottley (CA) Cully Hamner
    Rated T
    (US) SRP: $4.99
    In Shops: Feb 27, 2019
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC180953

https://twitter.com/nick_lowe_/statu...09985602904067

"To everyone questioning why ASM #16.HU and #18.HU and #19.HU aren't just issues of ASM... When you read, you will understand. They are all so special in their own way and will be talked about both alongside HUNTED and on their own for many years to come."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

"To everyone questioning why ASM #16.HU and #18.HU and #19.HU aren't just issues of ASM... When you read, you will understand. They are all so special in their own way and will be talked about both alongside HUNTED and on their own for many years to come."
    Count me among those questioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Count me among those questioning it.
    There is only one real, true answer (and I think we all know it):

ANY comic with "Amazing Spider-Man" in it's title sells significantly more than any other title. Period.

NEVER doubt the lord our God Spencer!

https://twitter.com/leinilyu/status/1097960444247994368

1 of 5

NEVER doubt the lord our God Spencer!

https://twitter.com/leinilyu/status/1097960444247994368

1 of 5
    Beetle's eyes look more old-school, like Abe Jenkins' Beetle.

It seemed fairly obvious that they're essentially tie-ins to the main story, not 100% required reading, but helps to get a complete picture, just like what Spider-Island and Spider-Verse did. And honestly I prefer having the .HU numbered issues than having something like a whole bunch of "Amazing Spider-Man: Hunted - Lizard #1" etc.

I could not be more psyched for this story; the combination of what Spencer has done on his first 15 issues combined with the slow-burn buildup for this tale and the concept has me expecting a great story. Bring it on!

BANNED

The May solicitations for the conclusion to Hunted indicate that there are casualties to come, and there is one aftermath issue dealing with the effect the hunt has had on Peter's life.

Also interestingly enough, Captain America #11 is referred to as a "Hunted Aftermath" issue, so I'm assuming this means whatever happens to Kraven will be big enough to effect his other appearances in other books.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ing-spider-man

Marvel.com sat down with Nick Spencer, the mastermind behind the epic, to hear more about what to expect once the Hunter goes hunting...

Marvel.com: What was your inspiration for HUNTED?

Nick Spencer: It’s Kraven’s biggest, grandest, most terrifying hunt.

Ever since KRAVEN'S LAST HUNT especially, readers know when Kraven shows up it means that Spidey’s gonna be put through the ringer. They know that whatever Kraven does is gonna exact a very heavy price. We wanted to honor the legacy of that story and of GRIM HUNT, and kind of present Kraven at a different point in his life where his goals and desires are something very different than what we’ve seen before. But that leads to, in typical Kraven fashion, something truly horrific.

Marvel.com: It seems like this is something you've been excited to get into since your AMAZING SPIDER-MAN run began.

Spencer: Yeah, we started setting this up in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #2 so we’ve been building it slowly through the issues and there’s still a little bit more of that to come. Issues #14 and #15 were kind of like the Road to Hunted, so we had an opportunity to build the story in a very organic way.

The stuff that you’ve seen with Kraven, the stuff that you’ve seen with Taskmaster and Black Ant, the stuff that you’ve seen with Lizard, the stuff that you’ve seen with Black Cat—all of it is going to feed into this story that is kind of the culmination of our first year.

Marvel.com: What was it about KRAVEN'S LAST HUNT that impacted you to such a degree that made you know as soon as you jumped on board ASM that you wanted to start planting these seeds?

Spencer: I’m ancient enough that I was picking up books on the newsstand, and I can remember for the third part, I believe, of KRAVEN'S LAST HUNT, the convenience store that I got all my books from did not have it. I remember that set off, I think, a five-stop tour over the next week that culminated in—think—a Waldenbooks to get it.

I was just so blown away by that story as a kid and it was just so different from anything I’d read. I’ve reread it a few times since and it still holds up. It’s just a masterfully done story. I think it’s one of the best things that Marvel has ever produced and it’s genuinely terrifying. It’s a genuinely insightful look into the mind of several characters. It’s not just Spidey, not just Kraven; it’s also MJ, Vermin, and there’s such a beautiful aesthetic to this story. The constant rains and the dirt and mud—it really was ahead of its time. It’s still ahead of its time.

You can’t match a story like that, you can’t really hope to do that. What you can hope to do is pay tribute to it, pay homage to it, and do your own thing. I love Kraven as a character and as a villain. I think he is one of the most interesting Spidey rogues, so the opportunity to get in his head—especially where he would be now, after his resurrection and after he’s had a few years to wander through the desert. He’s in a very interesting place now, and that was a lot of fun.

I still think Kraven should have remained dead post-Kraven's Last Hunt. That story was perfect in every way. I doubt there can exist a more fitting send-off for such an iconic character. I might be wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I still think Kraven should have remained dead post-Kraven's Last Hunt. That story was perfect in every way. I doubt there can exist a more fitting send-off for such an iconic character. I might be wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Yes. Kraven should have remained dead. Feel same way about Aunt May and Norman Osborn.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    There is only one real, true answer (and I think we all know it):

ANY comic with "Amazing Spider-Man" in it's title sells significantly more than any other title. Period.
    Yep. Spidey sells. Will these additional titles be added to the original issue count? Thinking not.