Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Bleeding Cool just posted that ASM #19 (LG #820) will be drawn by Gerardo Sandoval
    Cool, I wholeheartedly approve this news. Has Sandoval worked on any Spidey titles to date?

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Cool, I wholeheartedly approve this news. Has Sandoval worked on any Spidey titles to date?
    He worked on Venom when Mike Costa was writing it. He drew the Lee Price Venom arc and the Venom Inc arc where he drew Spidey, Scorpion, and Black Cat. I think he was on some of Venom Spaceknight before, too- wasn't reading it then. I really like his art, it's got lots of energy and has the right cool factor I welcome every now and then.

Astonishing Member

I was just going to buy Asm:18 HU. because Bachalo's was illustrating the story due Bachalo unique art style.but now i am skiping Asm:18HU because of the following reasons:
    Reason A:It's a story about Gibbon.
    Reason B:It's a story about Gibbon.
    Reason C:It's a story about Gibbon.
    So only the great art of Chris Bachalo was why i was buying that satelite story to Hunted.
    Humberto Ramos not illustrating a story in the Hunted story arc in Asm is disapointing as well.
    Sandoval's art is cool but not as great as Humberto Ramos art.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 02-28-2019 at 01:57 AM.

you'll miss the greatest Gibbon story ever told. bet.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    you'll miss the greatest Gibbon story ever told. bet.
    Some bold statement right there sir. There are years upon years of brilliant Gibbon stories.

Astonishing Member

How many of the HU's are there and what about? I know there's a Black Cat one so I'll likely pick that up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I was just going to buy Asm:18 HU. because Bachalo's was illustrating the story due Bachalo unique art style.but now i am skiping Asm:18HU because of the following reasons:
    Reason A:It's a story about Gibbon.
    Reason B:It's a story about Gibbon.
    Reason C:It's a story about Gibbon.
    So only the great art of Chris Bachalo was why i was buying that satelite story to Hunted.
    Humberto Ramos not illustrating a story in the Hunted story arc in Asm is disapointing as well.
    Sandoval's art is cool but not as great as Humberto Ramos art.
    Ramos is drawing the entire arc in the main title. Not sure how you concluded he wasn't drawing anything in the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    How many of the HU's are there and what about? I know there's a Black Cat one so I'll likely pick that up.
    16.HU is a Black Cat story (by Iban Coelleo), 18.HU is a Gibbon story (by Ken Lashey), 19.HU is a Lizard story (by Chris Bachalo), and 20.HU is the Vulture story (by Cory Smith).

And it's just #19 being done by Sandoval, #17-18, and 20-21 are still Ramos.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Ramos is drawing the entire arc in the main title. Not sure how you concluded he wasn't drawing anything in the story?
    Actually he's not drawing issue #19. Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Some bold statement right there sir. There are years upon years of brilliant Gibbon stories.
    I only know of the one in Punisher War Journal. and we barely see Gibbon's face. yes I detected the sarcasm/i'm not humorless

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I still think Kraven should have remained dead post-Kraven's Last Hunt. That story was perfect in every way. I doubt there can exist a more fitting send-off for such an iconic character. I might be wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I second this as there are just some villains that just deserve death and remain dead. For once they come back it will be harder to keep making new stories about them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I second this as there are just some villains that just deserve death and remain dead. For once they come back it will be harder to keep making new stories about them.
    I agree that Kraven’s best story was Kraven’s last Hunt. They got rid of Grim hunter way too quickly and should have explored Kraven’s children and his legacy more.

Now that I'm thinking about the .HU issues more, my only sorrow is that Janice isn't getting one. Woe is me, deprived of more of the fair Beetle. At least we have been fed the Fred.

GIBBON HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I only know of the one in Punisher War Journal. and we barely see Gibbon's face. yes I detected the sarcasm/i'm not humorless
    That is the best Gibbon story of all time.

Astonishing Member

Kraven buried Peter.
    Yes, but he didn't kill Spidey. This was just about "humilliation", something that Peter/Spidey couldn't care less. Also, Kraven's alternative selves became "hounds" for the Inheritors.