Question How do you decide whether to get a DC Unwrapped or Noir edition?

Howwwwwwwwww

I've run into this same decision before. After flipping through them at the store, I decided that I prefer pure pencil art to black & white (inked) art. I don't know if they are using the art from before it was colored or if they are just turning it into b&w with computers but for me personally the pencil versions are superior. There is so much more detail and levels of shading and gray, the talent really shows through. I can see why some people would feel like that makes it appear too 'unfinished' for them and so they'd prefer the darker, more polished, color-removed version instead -- however I don't feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    I've run into this same decision before. After flipping through them at the store, I decided that I prefer pure pencil art to black & white (inked) art. I don't know if they are using the art from before it was colored or if they are just turning it into b&w with computers but for me personally the pencil versions are superior. There is so much more detail and levels of shading and gray, the talent really shows through. I can see why some people would feel like that makes it appear too 'unfinished' for them and so they'd prefer the darker, more polished, color-removed version instead -- however I don't feel that way.
    ^^^this^^^

I have Unwrapped of Hush (first printing, my favorite of the Unwrapped series), Court of Owls, Death of the Family, Justice League New52, Flashpoint, Batman by Kubert, and Batman R.I.P.

I passed on Batman Dark Knight by Finch (it was low resolution scans), Flash New52 (I have the Omni and Manapul’s art doesn’t follow traditional pencils>inks>colors), and Suicide Squad by Lee (I didn’t like the story).

For me I feel the noir art looks better than the original art sometimes oops