Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Is there any Crisis of Infinite Earths anniversary news ???

I was just wondering if anybody has heard any news about the anniversary of the Crisis of Infinite Earths? Is DC doing something?

penetrator of things

nooooooooooooooope
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Absolute zilch.

It's early days yet though. I imagine there will be.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Absolute zilch.

It's early days yet though. I imagine there will be.
    Prob' considered by them to be yesterday's news (that isn't strictly Batman or Superman related.)
    COIE is dead and gone. Whole thing wiped out. No longer relevant to the current money making machine. Whole new universe. Now read your Nu52 and quit wanting to acknowledge history. Nobody likes history. Or continuity. Or reminders thereof.
    Got it?

The preceding was a bout of sarcasm. Seriously, I loved COIE for the most part. Very epic and historical.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

DC stands for Destroying Continuity. DC has no desire to bring back the long history of it's universe so don't be surprise that the anniversary of the Crisis goes unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    DC stands for Destroying Continuity. DC has no desire to bring back the long history of it's universe so don't be surprise that the anniversary of the Crisis goes unnoticed.
    Of course, they are celebrating a 75th Anniversary for a character that's only been around for three years...

Or would that be considered "Having your cake and eating it, too"?

Back on MTVs 10 yr anniversary, they celebrated by airing the first few hours the channel was on. Old hosts, old videos , etc.... When it was time for the 20th anniversary, there was little mention of 80's. I read that in order to stay current & hip, they felt it best not to play up things from years past.

DC is trying to be "current & hip" so I can understand there might not be a lot of references to Crisis. For the record, I also loved it. It far eclipsed Dark Knight Returns as the big event from that era in my book. The best of DC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Prob' considered by them to be yesterday's news (that isn't strictly Batman or Superman related.)
    COIE is dead and gone. Whole thing wiped out. No longer relevant to the current money making machine. Whole new universe. Now read your Nu52 and quit wanting to acknowledge history. Nobody likes history. Or continuity. Or reminders thereof.
    Got it?

The preceding was a bout of sarcasm. Seriously, I loved COIE for the most part. Very epic and historical.
    That's not an accurate viewpoint of anything. Especially in criticism of DC acknowledging the first Crisis, an event that rebooted a lot of characters and changed history. Your Crisis is okay to like, but ours isn't?

Besides that, Multiversity is a story about how all stories happened. They're all connected.

BANNED

Crisis on Infinite Earths never happened so how can there be an anniversary for it.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lee stone View Post
    of course, they are celebrating a 75th anniversary for a character that's only been around for three years...

Or would that be considered "having your cake and eating it, too"?
    lol! +10

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    "I hate the destruction of continuity. Crisis On Infinite Earths needs to be celebated!"

What's with the double standard - modern revamps are an affront to nature, but the Eighties wiping out the totality of its published continuity up until that point is just peachy?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    Back on MTVs 10 yr anniversary, they celebrated by airing the first few hours the channel was on. Old hosts, old videos , etc.... When it was time for the 20th anniversary, there was little mention of 80's. I read that in order to stay current & hip, they felt it best not to play up things from years past.

DC is trying to be "current & hip" so I can understand there might not be a lot of references to Crisis. For the record, I also loved it. It far eclipsed Dark Knight Returns as the big event from that era in my book. The best of DC.
    Beyond the obvious need to be relevant to the current market, there's also the matter that many of the people working there back *then* (pertaining to both MTV and DC Comics) don't work there anymore; they can't be nostalgic for something that wasn't a part of their personal past. To many of the people working at MTV or DC now, the 1980s are somebody else's nostalgia, not theirs.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    "I hate the destruction of continuity. Crisis On Infinite Earths needs to be celebated!"

What's with the double standard - modern revamps are an affront to nature, but the Eighties wiping out the totality of its published continuity up until that point is just peachy?
    This is my favorite post in a while, I was going to reply in a similar way until I read yours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post

Oh my word...

I first read that earlier post and thought that the bloke was taking the piss. Yeah, no desire to bring back the long history of the universe. But they should celebrate it. By celebrating... that thing that wiped out the long history of their universe a while ago.
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 07-28-2014 at 02:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Oh my word...

I first read that earlier post and thought that the bloke was taking the piss. Yeah, no desire to bring back the long history of the universe. But they should celebrate it. By celebrating... that thing that wiped out the long history of their universe a while ago.
    Ha, my guess is we won't see that guy show back up in this thread again.