Default The 2018 dc comics awards! Submit your favorites!

After enough submissions I will turn these into polls of the finalists. Please nominate your favorites from the last year in the following categories!

1) . Best Story of the Year . (This can be an arc, a one-shot, a mini-series, a single issue. Whatever you think was the best story of the year.)

2) . Best Male Character of the Year

3) . Best Female Character of the Year

4) . Best Non-Human Character of the Year . (An alien, a robot, an animal, a monster, a god. You get the point. BTW, non-living humans, such as ghosts, are also eligible.)

5) . Best Team of the Year

6) . Best New Character of Series of the Year (Something or someone introduced this year.)

7) . Best Title of the Year Overall

8) . Best Non-Superhero Series of the Year

9) . Best Re-release of the Year (Something that had been previously released and reprinted. A collection, omnibus, trade, etc.)

10) Most Promising/Improved Title, Series or Character of the Year (Whatever you think might be going in a much better direction than in the past.)

11) Best Creator of the Year . (This is my one real-person category. Writers, artists, etc.)

12) Wild Card! (Come up with your own category and nomination! If you see a category someone else came up with and like it feel free to use that and submit your own nomination. Basically, I wanted a 12th category but
    couldn't really come up with one.)

GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    . . . 3) . Best Female Character of the Year
    Batgirl (Barbara Gordon), the only main-universe DC comic book that I've bought all through the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    . . . 10) Most Promising/Improved Title, Series or Character of the Year (Whatever you think might be going in a much better direction than in the past.)

11) Best Creator of the Year . (This is my one real-person category. Writers, artists, etc.)

12) Wild Card! (Come up with your own category and nomination! If you see a category someone else came up with and like it feel free to use that and submit your own nomination. Basically, I wanted a 12th category but couldn't really come up with one.)
    Why not make "Writer" and "Artist" separate categories? Sometimes writers get stuck with bad artists, or artists are the only good thing about a mediocre comic book. I don't think a guy like Greg Rucka should be battling it out with a Gary Frank for recognition. It's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

will have to think about this for a while.... hard to remember what's come out in 2018--so much!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

1. Justice League: The Totality
    2. Batman Who Laughs
    3. Zatanna
    4. Dr Manhattan
    5. Justice League Dark
    6. The Grim Knight (Coz I cant think of anything Else worth saying)
    7. Scott Snyder’s Justice League
    8. I’d argue Batman who Laughs or JL Dark are more Horror than Superhero
    9. Dark Knights Metal
    10. Justice League (With Snyder)
    11. Snyder
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

1) . Best Story of the Year: Mister Miracle

2) . Best Male Character of the Year: Mister Miracle

3) . Best Female Character of the Year: Big Barda

4) . Best Non-Human Character of the Year: Mister Miracle

5) . Best Team of the Year: JLD

6) . Best New Character or Series of the Year: Jacob Free

7) . Best Title of the Year Overall: Mister Miracle

8) . Best Non-Superhero Series of the Year: Exit Stage Left - The Snagglepuss Chronicles

9) . Best Re-release of the Year (Something that had been previously released and reprinted. A collection, omnibus, trade, etc.): Scarlet Volume 1

10) Most Promising/Improved Title, Series or Character of the Year (Whatever you think might be going in a much better direction than in the past.): The Green Lantern

11) Best Creator of the Year . (This is my one real-person category. Writers, artists, etc.): Tom King

12) Wild Card! (Come up with your own category and nomination! If you see a category someone else came up with and like it feel free to use that and submit your own nomination. Basically, I wanted a 12th category but
    couldn't really come up with one.): Best Cover - Mister Miracle #12 Cover B
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Best Story of the Year: Mister Miracle, Batman: White Knight

Best Male Character of the Year: Mister Miracle

Best Female Character of the Year: Big Barda

Best Non-Human Character of the Year: Mister Miracle, Superman

Best Team of the Year: The Terrifics

Best New Character: Jacob Free (and Roz Free)

Best Title of the Year Overall: Mister Miracle

Best Non-Superhero Series of the year: I would’ve said Border Town a week ago but it turns out that Esquivel is a scumbag and the series was cancelled because of it. So I don’t really have one at this point.

Most Promising/Improved Title, Series or Character of the Year (Whatever you think might be going in a much better direction than in the past.): Green Lantern

Best Creator of the Year . (This is my one real-person category. Writers, artists, etc.):
    Writers: Tom King and Bendis
    Artists: Mitch Gerads and Stjepan Sejic (honorable mention: Rocofort on Sideways)
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-17-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Best Story of the Year Doomsday Clock

Best Male Character of the Year Batman

Best Female Character of the Year Catwoman

Best Non-Human Character of the Year Bubastis

Best Team of the Year The Terrifics

Best New Character of Series of the Year Mime & Marionette

Best Title of the Year Overall Doomsday Clock

Best Re-release of the Year Knightfall new series of TPB

Best Creator of the Year Geoff Johns, Tom King