View Poll Results: Who should be crowned the next All Star?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Farrah Moan

0 0%
  • Gia Gunn

0 0%
  • Jasmine Masters

0 0%
  • Latrice Royale [MISS CONGENIALITY]

3 27.27%
  • Manila Luzon

3 27.27%
  • Monét X Change [MISS CONGENIALITY]

0 0%
  • Monique Heart

0 0%
  • Naomi Smalls

0 0%
  • Trinity the Tuck

1 9.09%
  • Valentina [MISS CONGENIALITY]

4 36.36%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    If that’s the case, I would have preferred Peppermint.
    I think we all would have... but Pep's busy with projects like being on Broadway so we got Gia isntead.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Time for the All Stars!

I haven't really been DRIVEN to comment about the past two episodes but I'll do so quickly.
    >Gus Kenworthy is WORTHY!!!! I'm only mildly ashamed to say I stalked his Instagram after the Snatch Game of Love. Trinity did a great job as The Woman Formerly Known As Bruce Jenner. The Wendy faint felt a bit cruel to joke about... but I laughed hard nonetheless and rewatched. Brilliantly done, Naomi. Latrice couldn't even make a Touched By An Angel joke and tell Gia to shut the Hell up or be smacked by an angel? Gia trying to parlay her transitioning into an excuse for her bad behaviour and her bad performance was disgusting. Manila saying out loud that she considered voting off strong competitors? Didn't she learn anything from the last time an All Star contestant said that out loud? Gia deserved to go and she went but I'm angry Manila didn't bit the bullet and get rid of Villaintina before she did something else to annoy me. At least with Gia you know she'd get booted next episode regardless. Trinity clutching Villaintina tightly and the two of them ignoring Manila's attempt to get a hug in? Shade.
    >Jersey Justice was basically a more slapstick Snatch Game... and the two improv episodes back to back seemed designed to get rid of the queens who can't act to save their lives or to win $100,000. Looking at you, Latrice. I'll never know how you can't just act loud and get in people's faces especially when that's exactly what the challenge calls for... but I have stage experience. Is Latrice really a shrinking violet who can't keep chanting 'Della Reece' or 'Jersey Trash' in her head while smacking a bitch? Sadly, she deserved to go both for her performance and for that sparkling yet basic and done to death runway look. Manila's French Poodle wig would have greatly accented her padded Parisian Runway look. I get what Villaintina was going for with the deconstructed padding look but it just seemed sloppy, and there's a big difference between sloppy and avant garde. And don't get me started about her selfish BS in the midst of the emotional deliberation. As Trixie said in All Stars season 3, "I think that's a lot of emotion for safe." Then not even bothering to remember the judge who critiqued her's name then reducing said judge to her hairstyle? Oooooh, I hate her more by the episode. Rethink this 'alliance' before she stabs you in the back, Trinity!
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-05-2019 at 10:15 PM.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I haven't really been DRIVEN to comment about the past two episodes but I'll do so quickly.
    >Gus Kenworthy is WORTHY!!!! I'm only mildly ashamed to say I stalked his Instagram after the Snatch Game of Love. Trinity did a great job as The Woman Formerly Known As Bruce Jenner. The Wendy faint felt a bit cruel to joke about... but I laughed hard nonetheless and rewatched. Brilliantly done, Naomi. Latrice couldn't even make a Touched By An Angel joke and tell Gia to shut the Hell up or be smacked by an angel? Gia trying to parlay her transitioning into an excuse for her bad behaviour and her bad performance was disgusting. Manila saying out loud that she considered voting off strong competitors? Didn't she learn anything from the last time an All Star contestant said that out loud? Gia deserved to go and she went but I'm angry Manila didn't bit the bullet and get rid of Villaintina before she did something else to annoy me. At least with Gia you know she'd get booted next episode regardless. Trinity clutching Villaintina tightly and the two of them ignoring Manila's attempt to get a hug in? Shade.
    >Jersey Justice was basically a more slapstick Snatch Game... and the two improv episodes back to back seemed designed to get rid of the queens who can't act to save their lives or to win $100,000. Looking at you, Latrice. I'll never know how you can't just act loud and get in people's faces especially when that's exactly what the challenge calls for... but I have stage experience. Is Latrice really a shrinking violet who can't keep chanting 'Della Reece' or 'Jersey Trash' in her head while smacking a bitch? Sadly, she deserved to go both for her performance and for that sparkling yet basic and done to death runway look. Manila's French Poodle wig would have greatly accented her padded Parisian Runway look. I get what Villaintina was going for with the deconstructed padding look but it just seemed sloppy, and there's a big difference between sloppy and avant garde. And don't get me started about her selfish BS in the midst of the emotional deliberation. As Trixie said in All Stars season 3, "I think that's a lot of emotion for safe." Then not even bothering to remember the judge who critiqued her's name then reducing said judge to her hairstyle? Oooooh, I hate her more by the episode. Rethink this 'alliance' before she stabs you in the back, Trinity!
    I'm legit sad that people like you can't appreciate hilarious iconic moments like Valentina's rant. The fact that she didn't even remembered her name and said "The judge with the bun" is actually the best part.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm legit sad that people like you can't appreciate hilarious iconic moments like Valentina's rant. The fact that she didn't even remembered her name and said "The judge with the bun" is actually the best part.
    I've seen people online say she was trying to be funny to liven up the crying and generally sad mood. If she meant that bit of melodrama to be comedic, it certainly failed for me as humour. All I saw was a narcissistic attempt to bring attention to herself at the worst possible time, a bit like Gia interrupting Farrah pleading her case, and I have no desire to live out Villaintina's telenovela fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I've seen people online say she was trying to be funny to liven up the crying and generally sad mood. If she meant that bit of melodrama to be comedic, it certainly failed for me as humour. All I saw was a narcissistic attempt to bring attention to herself at the worst possible time, a bit like Gia interrupting Farrah pleading her case, and I have no desire to live out Villaintina's telenovela fantasy.
    I didn't think she did it on purpose, I just live for how extra she is.

Apparently Manila's runway look was her backup...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsUaPvenYcj/

I would have loved to hear the judges' bad jokes about THAT look!

RUview - Episode IV

I agree with Manila, the queens are acting like they all signed the Rolaskatox blood oath... there is no rule book, she's allowed to weigh her options. RuPaul has previously demonstrated that he admires a queen who plays the game (REF. questioning Aquaria not being strategic with roles, enjoying when Eureka was, etc). I was thrilled she acknowledged that Trinity slayyyyyyed the Snatch Game (which she did). I like Valentina for the tella novella absurdity but I've never been a fan of queens who show very little gratitude with being saved (Kennedy Davenport and Morgan McMichael's spring to mind after Ben eliminated herself). It just feels... classless. The ONE TIME you can suck it up and be nice is when someone saved your ass.

INSTA: ArtbyCheyne
    https://www.instagram.com/artbycheyne/

Several thoughts this episode: the return of Stacy Layne Matthews. So much fun; I'm really warming to Henny in All Stars. I'd like to see her in AS5. Second thought: No-one mentioned Carmen Carrera? Not once. Not even Manila? This episode is basically "the B*tchelor", where they are given a rough outline and characters, but have to improvise through it. It didn't live up to the B*tchelor. I love learning what a "booty do" is, HILARIOUS and anything that's akin to Judge Judy makes me happy. Jason looked very sexy as Officer Tony. I love that Ru is branching out in looks. Legs on show last week, the club kid in Season 10, now this Maria Antoinette? LOVE! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

JERSEY JUSTICE
    YOU MADE ME LOOK LIKE A B*TCH, B*TCH!
    This was probably the best one, as it had the clearest story and both contestants did very well. Naomi really is surprising me. She's been Top 3 the first three episodes, and impressed here too. We've got a real contendor on our hands. She is really great a changing her look for challenges (this and her Wendy Williams looked very un-Naomi).

HOW ABOUT THEM CAKES?
    Monique did very well improvising on Bossy Rossy, and Monet did not; so the repeating of history wasn't too big a shock. I'll get to Latrice later. But I agree with Valentina: I'm not really clear on what happened, or who did what? It fell apart. I don't think having three players was a hindrance, that was yet another mind to help fuel and improve the jokes. They had the best chance to shine, in my opinion.

I WAS SNOOKERED BY SNOOKIE
    The redemption of Valentina. After her failure at improvising in Snatch Game it was so wonderful watching her go full ugly for the win. I mean... she was BUSTED! It was evvvverything. "I work there. I strip there. I LIVE there!" Gold. I was very surprised that Trinity, who did so well at improvising last episode, fell apart here. Her comic ability is surprisingly inconsistent, it's so... odd. She's so funny, and then??? She's not.

JERSEY TROPHY: Manilla. It was a joy to watch, so quick, so clever; she looked hilarious and that bark was beautifully timed. Her comic timing is excellent, she knows how to land a joke and when to hold back "I swear... sh*t!"

CATEGORY IS... Curves & Swerves; Padded for the Gods
    A vast improvement over last week's runway, the queens nearly all brought a level of creativity and originality to the category.
    • Manila. I really liked (but didn't love) this French period outfit, but none of that matters because her original look was EVVVVVERYTHING! It was iconic. It's close to being the most liked image of any drag-queen on Instagram. I just don't understand why this glorious moment was denied?
    • Monet. The idea was fun (though not breaking the wheel), and for the most part it was executed well (I just wish the champagne glass wasn't bouncing around so much). While she has elevated her looks since season 10, there is still something off about them. It reminds me off her 'golden girls' runway or the 'glitter runway', the idea is solid, but even with coin her looks all still needs a jus.
    • Monique. On Fashion Photo RuView Raja complained about the brown cow print, and I get it BUT this was so wonderful; and for once a cow was relevant. It gave me udder realness. I was living. But is her make-up always so... skeletal?
    • Naomi. I loved it... but... even though it was heavily padded FOR NAOMI, it still didn't look... padded. Not really. Concept 10, relevance 3.
    • Trinity. Like Manila she really took a creative edge to "curves and swirves", the ripples, that static hair. Gorgeous.

PADDED TROPHY: Valentina. I loved this! I know it's very divisive online, which I think is very avant-garde in itself. It's so unexpected, and it do take NERVE to walk a runway with tape but no wig. From the safety-pin earrings, to the raggedy Anne patchwork. It told a story, it was incredibly original and utterly surprising.

INSTA: bibartis
    https://www.instagram.com/bibartis/

LATRICE ROYALE
    Let's talk about Latrice in All Stars. She is an iconic queen, and she is beloved, but... this series has not really been... hmmmm. Outside of personality, the only talented thing she did was the flags ep1. I didn't even think her Reading was that great (Naomi and Valentina impressed me more). My husband loves Latrice, but I never got it. She's super fun but what's fun got to do with it? There's no such thing as "a fun queen". What is Latrice's talent? It's sure as hell not runway. Her runways have been so dull this season. The dresses are pretty, and they are her best dresses we've seen BUT they are so underwhelming by an All Stars standard. For Curves and Swerves she just does yet another beaded dress. UGH. I'm not gagged she's in the bottom, she's not shone. And with the cannon fodder at the way, she needed to step up or go home.

Lastly I will add: I don't like TEAM challenges not being won (and lost) by TEAMS. It should have been Manilla and Naomi lip-syncing, because they did the best as a TEAM. Grrrrr...

LIPSYNC
    (Elton John's "The B*tch Is Back" performed by Tina Turner) The moment they came out dressed as Tina Turner I was squealing, and they did not disappoint. Manila did a good job but Monique SERRRRVED us Tina. The way she walked sticking her leg out first, the stomping, that walking stomp Tina does, that knowing smile, the energy, the kicks, it was just so perfectly embodied. Monique EARNED that win. And she kept her wig on. Praise Jesus!

My Final Thoughts: We're halfway through, and I have been a little disappointed in the season. While it's been entertaining, All Stars should be iconic episode after iconic episode; where everyone is fierce. And I'm a little disappointed. Next week though... that could be truly wonderful.
    ~ rating: 4 out of 5 [grade: B+]

houseof_jbg
    https://www.instagram.com/houseof_jbg/
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-12-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Living. I love this fan art of it....

INSTA: stacey_foxy https://www.instagram.com/stacey_foxy/
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Default EPISODE V - RuVIEW

RUview - Episode V

The first 14 minutes have already been posted, so no need for spoilers. After the elimination...

Manila is still sad, and I get it. She blames herself for their elimination in AS1, and this was her chance to redeem herself and she failed. But it gave us THAT moment! That image of Manila standing alone, turning back, looking at all the knives out by the queens on the couch. That was pure iconic! I wasn't a massive fan of Monet saying "eliminating a queen based on anything but report cards is wrong, so I'm going to elminate Manila based on a fact that is not report cards." At-least Manila did it for a good reason, not revenge. It's Morgan McMichael's hipocrisy all over again. I agree with Manila a) it's easy to be "fair" when it's your friend who has the better score b) report cards get muddy down the line; do lipsync wins matter more than being safe more often? Does being in the bottom matter more, even if you disagree or it was bottom 3 (not bottom 2)?

spoilers:
    Stacy Layne Matthews is back, back, back, back, back again. THE ROAST. This is a verrrrrrry interesting challange based on the cast. Trinity did bad in her Roast (bttm 3). Valeninta was safe. Manila was bttm 2 during her season when she had to write her own stand-up routine. So there is a lot of pressure and a lot to RuDeem. Monique uses her power of choosing the order to put Manila last, which is the hardest position. I was surprised Monique put Monet first (that's one of the toughest spots too). But maybe she was intentionally boxing Trinity between Monet and Monique? I don't know, that choice seemed lacking in strategy. Ru comes to help all the queens and they even get prep and they ignore it. Ru tells Trinity "she's from the south, so are you, think about that." Valentina was told to play the "I so saaaaaad" card to package jokes, ignored. Naomi was hinted at trying to find how to repackage the old thing (like a Millenila)... missed it (but she looked SUPER CUTE in her red jump suit #crush). Manila was told to bring a Will and LISTENED! And look how it turned out! The judges give help for a reason, people. Listen!

ROAST IN PEACE
    TOPS
    Monet. Very funny. It wasn't iconic, or even as perfect run like Peppermint, but I did enjoy Monet's work this episode. I did like that she didn't forget it was a funeral, and fake cried. I felt I've heard a few of those jokes, repackaged, before (Shea's "Patient Zero" for example). "To go by her original drag name: Methuselah."
    Monique. She did a character: SMART! She started very strong... it got messy at the end, but overall this was my second favourite performance. The boobs were funny, but she overplayed them. "And I do believe from all the loads she a taken, she might be a sperm whale."
    Manila. Her entrance, that umbrella, recoiling from Bunny. All hilarious. She had the best jokes, and very much connected it to a funeral theme, which I feel most of the queens ignored (or missed). She really stole the show, and I was so worried based on her last comedy stand-up, so this RuDemption was VERY much deserved and earned. "Lady Bunny wants you to know that, finally, you're the pretty one."

BOTTOMS
    Trinity. I... I was both disappointed and surprised by Trinity. I thought she came to PLAY this season, and yet she's bombing two weeks running. And she's funny? This was a needed RuDemption and she floundered. I actually think it was WORSE than her previous Roast??? She did look amazing busted though. Kudos. "Wish they had solved that joke, b*tch."
    Naomi. This was the worst one. Without a doubt. Trying to impersonate Alaska's "old, old, old, old, OLD, OLDDDDD, OLDD" was painful. There wasn't a single joke. But she looked stunning. And
    Valentina. Like Trinity, she actually did worse than the Season 9 Roast.

ROAST TROPHY: Lady Bunny. Those jokes... she brought the house down, I get it; she's hilarious. She stole the trophy. Snatched. Gagged. And FINALLY a queen was intelligent enough to impersonate Miss Vanji. YES BUNNY!!!

CATEGORY IS... Angelic White
    • Manila. This might be the only time I say this: I didn't love it. It's a shame Trinity's concept was so similar, because it puts Manila is sharp relief. It wasn't ugly, it was merely Manila's worst runway for All Star 4. But she set the bar so high... she can't deliver a 10 every episode.
    • Monique. I loved the top half, that dress was horrible. It was horrible and she had to keep picking it up as it was catching. I'd have liked a small
    • Naomi. AMAZING. Her Prince was fantastic, loved that she thought of a dead celebrity for Angelic White. So clever.
    • Trinity. It was very Clash of the Titans meets holy Valkeryie, I loved it.
    • Valentina. No. The bottom half reminded me of Blair's feathered runway (which I didn't like). It felt disconnected. I didn't like it, though her confessional about it made me chuckle.

ANGELIC TROPHY: Monet. I mean... who saw that coming? I'd have NEVER thought Monet would win a look runway, but she was amazing. Instantly it's her best runway ever, it was so well thought out. The stigmata, the red eyes, the casual dropping of the robe, the reveal of the heart, the bored stomp on her train. Everything was firing on all cylinders. I echo Michelle; I'm really very proud of Monet tonight.

LIPSYNC
    (Aretha Franklin's "Jump To It") Manila looked flower power gorgeous and is Monet using her repurpossed black glitter outfit from Season 10? Does that mean we are not getting a RuDemption runway? I hope not. Again Manila does a great job, but for my money Monet won this. She was creatively funny, and surprisingly in the clear comedy gags.
    end of spoilers
    My Final Thoughts: Again... I was disappointed in the challenge itself. An All Stars Roast should be HI-LARIOUS! Iconic. And this wasn't. But the drama this season, I am here for it. It's more about Manila's continued battle to the top, and the queens falling in her wake. It's... GLORIOUS!
    ~ rating: 4 out of 5 [grade: B+]

https://www.instagram.com/tayler_designs/

spoilers:
    THE GAG: no-one goes home and All Star Rules Are Suspended... UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!! GAG! We knew a return was coming... but this seems different. It seems like the 4 eliminated queens aren't going to be coming back, but somehow deciding the fate of those still there. Farah and Gia look STUNNING.
    end of spoilers
    P.S. NO MONET! We have not crashed a funeral in our life. WTF?
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-13-2019 at 05:07 PM.