Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Revisiting The 1990’s Flash

I loved this show growing up and still do. The elseworlds appearance ignited my passion and thoughts again for this show.

So fun question:
    Had the show lasted longer than one season, what plots or supporting characters would you have introduced and who would you have casted?

One plot I would have added to the next season would be an additional clone would have been made of Barry. It would have been frozen and hidden in the lab that cloned him in season one. This clone wakes up and would have been the 90’s version of The Reverse Flash.

I would have introduced Wally West. Iris and Barry split up in the pilot, but she returns in season two with her nephew Wally. Her and Barry would be friends and as they moved past the break up, she mentions that Wally wants to be a forensic scientist and asks if Barry wouldn’t mind showing him what he does at work. Of course the accident happens and Wally gets speed. I would have cast a young Neil Patrick Harris, who at the time was really only known for his role in Doogie Howser.

What ideas do you have?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

K I'll bite

Amanda Pays was, for a while, the default British Sexy Scientist.

So let's make her a villain by the end of season 02.

Her powerset: random probability.

Her codename: Payday

Maybe like it’s successor show, they could have introduced the multiverse and have Barry go to an alternate earth where brother Jay was alive and the Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Maybe like it’s successor show, they could have introduced the multiverse and have Barry go to an alternate earth where brother Jay was alive and the Flash.
    Or meet Superboy from his TV show (Who did go to Parallel Worlds) or Swamp Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Or meet Superboy from his TV show (Who did go to Parallel Worlds) or Swamp Thing.
    Never saw the old Superboy show, was it any good?

Didn't Lois and Clark air around the same time as this Flash? Would have been a neat crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Never saw the old Superboy show, was it any good?

Didn't Lois and Clark air around the same time as this Flash? Would have been a neat crossover.
    Lois and Clark didn't air till 93/94 I remember seeing print promo stuff during the Funeral for a Friend storyline time.

It's definitely a product of its time which mean a little cheesy and being on a TV budget the effects don't age that well. But it has some good episodes and its episodes are only about 22 minutes long due to being a half hour show so they go by quick.

Highlights Sherman Howard as Lex now he was Lex from season 2 on the kid in Season 1 was awful so season 2 started with a plastic surgery story just to replace him and horror fans will recognize Sherman from Day of the Dead he was Bub the Zombie. Michael J. Pollard as Mr. Mxzyptlk, and Gilbert Gottfried as Nick Knack the shows version of Toyman. Youtuber Oliver Harper did a retrospective on show if you want to judge interest.

What the heck his Flash retrospective

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I loved this show growing up and still do. The elseworlds appearance ignited my passion and thoughts again for this show.

So fun question:
    Had the show lasted longer than one season, what plots or supporting characters would you have introduced and who would you have casted?

One plot I would have added to the next season would be an additional clone would have been made of Barry. It would have been frozen and hidden in the lab that cloned him in season one. This clone wakes up and would have been the 90’s version of The Reverse Flash.

I would have introduced Wally West. Iris and Barry split up in the pilot, but she returns in season two with her nephew Wally. Her and Barry would be friends and as they moved past the break up, she mentions that Wally wants to be a forensic scientist and asks if Barry wouldn’t mind showing him what he does at work. Of course the accident happens and Wally gets speed. I would have cast a young Neil Patrick Harris, who at the time was really only known for his role in Doogie Howser.

What ideas do you have?
    The 90s Flash was from a different time, when TV shows were episodic and each episode was not part of a an uber-plot, which lasted the entire season, so I suspect that nothing anybody suggests would be appropriate for it.

Obviously, that should be no restraint on your dreams.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The 90s Flash was from a different time, when TV shows were episodic and each episode was not part of a an uber-plot, which lasted the entire season.

Sandy Hausler
    I would say that didn't or wouldn't have applied to the only couple superhero shows we had back then but ER came out only a couple years later and they defiantly has season arcs. Not disputing but I feel the 90s Flash was ahead of it's time and I wouldn't have put that as something that was so far ahead of it's trajectory. I mean his power set did increase as the season went on and it was called back once or twice. James Jesse came back w/in a season and he would have only made a bigger foil at some point so...
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I would say that didn't or wouldn't have applied to the only couple superhero shows we had back then but ER came out only a couple years later and they defiantly has season arcs. Not disputing but I feel the 90s Flash was ahead of it's time and I wouldn't have put that as something that was so far ahead of it's trajectory. I mean his power set did increase as the season went on and it was called back once or twice. James Jesse came back w/in a season and he would have only made a bigger foil at some point so...
    I stand by my comments. The fact that a villain returned means nothing. How many times did the Joker appear in a season of 1966 Batman?

Mind you, I loved the 1990s Flash (and am really sorry that it's no longer up on CW Seed), but there is absolutely no reason to believe that the show would have changed from its episodic format to something akin to our modern-day Flash. (I would love to see the modern-day Flash meet a modern-day Nightshade, maybe the grandson of a Central City hero who nobody remembers any more (because they didn't have the internet back then).

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Only good thing about it To me everything else was UNwatchable.
    So fun question:

Very nice and is definitely to be filmed for a continuation of the 1990 Flash show just pick up where they left off, like Kevin Smith will do with Masters of the Universe: Revelation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    K I'll bite

Amanda Pays was, for a while, the default British Sexy Scientist.

So let's make her a villain by the end of season 02.

Her powerset: random probability.

Her codename: Payday
    The DC version of the Scarlet Witch Payday vs. the DC version of Quicksilver Scarlet Speedster? Cool indeed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Terrific idea to have the character cross paths with the 90's Superboy and Swamp Thing since I find both shows to be likable.