Default A question about posting.

I am currently writing a fantasy novel and short stories and wondered if I can post them here for feedback. They are not super hero related or fanfic. Just some stuff I have writen that I would like to share and get feedback on. Thanks for answering my question. Have a great day.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

if the stories are fanfic, you should be fine.

if you mean to take them to a publisher for real publication, do not post them ANYWHERE, certainly not on a public message board. Ever.

1) Novels aren't written by committee and any "feedback" you get on a site like this, good or bad, will make your work worse.

2) if you post things on the web PRIOR to making a publishing deal with some company, it can often count as having published the work already and MANY publishers want only FIRST world rights to your work which you will have removed by posting.

3) You need to find a SMALL number of people whose opinions you trust (and who you trust not to lie to you make you feel good) and show them the work. Even then, if their opinions don't line up with issues YOU think the story has, you should ignore them. THEY aren't writing your book. You are.

4) NEVER show a work-in-progress publicly. It's not a novel until it's finished. Even someone qualified to give you advice on it won't be able to do so until the work is COMPLETE. If it's not complete, it's just a pile of words.

5) All this is meaningless if your plan is to self-publish. If that's the case, do anything you like.
    Last edited by Redjack; 12-16-2018 at 09:35 AM.

Thanks for the advice.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.