Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Default Composite Spiderman vs. DCEU Wonder Woman

Peter has all of feats from the Amazing Spiderman films, the Raimi trilogy, the PS4 Game, and the Spiderverse film
    Diana has her gearWho wins

Speedwise, he can compete.

However, Diana can eat punches from Doomsday and stuff without any real signs of injury, which seems a bit too much durability for him to overcome, especially when she has a sword. I'm not really liking his chances here.

Hmmm Spideys only bet is stealing the sword somehow.

He's very strong (keeping two buses from falling), and fast, and has Miles' venom shock but Diana beat an electricity blast in her movie right? That shock won't be effective.

He could keep away with invisibility and try asphyxiation via web spam, but stealing the sword is again the only thing I see working.

Does Spidey get Spider-Ham as well? Toon forcing abilities could be game changing.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I mean, with the Raimi movie strength feats, Spider-Composite is stronger than anything Diana has shown, and anything she has really shown to tank. He's also probably faster and has precog, and he's durable enough to eat one of those goblin bombs that disintegrate flesh and stone entirely, with all of having a damaged mask and a little bit of blood. I think that Spidey has a decent chance. Webbing spam to slow and entangle, agility to dance and land shots. I mean, he's still at a disadvantage thanks to her sword and other abilities, but he can probably steal a win or two here or there.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I mean, with the Raimi movie strength feats, Spider-Composite is stronger than anything Diana has shown, and anything she has really shown to tank. He's also probably faster and has precog, and he's durable enough to eat one of those goblin bombs that disintegrate flesh and stone entirely, with all of having a damaged mask and a little bit of blood. I think that Spidey has a decent chance. Webbing spam to slow and entangle, agility to dance and land shots. I mean, he's still at a disadvantage thanks to her sword and other abilities, but he can probably steal a win or two here or there.
    This is just flat wrong. Diana forced Clark to take a step forward and reposition himself before getting serious. She similarly restrained Doomsday for a brief time. The train feat was less a strength feat for Spiderman and more of a durability and webbing feat. Although he has absolutely lifted decent sized chunks of building before, that's hardly the same as "force Kryptonians to put in real effort".

For tanking damage, we have the ridiculous feat of Ares exploding the guard tower in a MUCH larger explosion than Goblins grenades and being fine. Also, much of her legs were bare and exposed to Doomsdays AoE which was tearing apartment buildings to shreds and laying waste to a small island.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 12-20-2018 at 03:36 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

The train feat was less a strength feat for Spiderman and more of a durability and webbing feat.
    Nah, it's a pretty solid strength feat. Probably better than if he'd just managed to brace himself against something and slow down the train at the same rate. He's visibly gripping his web, and we know that his web doesn't adhere to his hands because otherwise he couldn't websling. So it's 100% grip strength that's keeping the web in his hands from either slipping or pulling back his fingers, and I doubt that his grip is any stronger than the rest of his body. Also if he'd not had the strength to handle the force, he'd probably have been pulled off the side of the train by his own web in the first strand or two. For that matter, Green Goblin was able to break through a whole lot of his web in the first movie, and Pete was pretty evenly matched with him strengthwise if not stronger. Whatever else was involved in that scene, Pete's body was still the linchpin on the whole thing, and there's no way he stopped the train without in some way being strong enough to stop the train; the physics of his position and the elasticity of his web helped, but not enough to say he's not strong enough to stop a train. Mostly they just cover for the fact that he in no way has enough personal mass to be more than a bug on a windshield in that situation.

Edit: Oh hey, just rewatched the scene, and there's also a closeup shot of his arms where he's visibly curling them, which I don't believe would be possible if he didn't have the strength to fight back at least most of the force from the train. There's also shots that specifically show he's fighting to keep his grip on his web, which supports what I said above. Not to mention that the second he lets go, the web slips. So yeah, no adherence, pure grip strength. He's not just stopping a train, he's doing it with his fingers as far as I can tell from the rather pointed shots here.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 12-20-2018 at 04:50 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Nah, it's a pretty solid strength feat. Probably better than if he'd just managed to brace himself against something and slow down the train at the same rate. He's visibly gripping his web, and we know that his web doesn't adhere to his hands because otherwise he couldn't websling. So it's 100% grip strength that's keeping the web in his hands from either slipping or pulling back his fingers, and I doubt that his grip is any stronger than the rest of his body. Also if he'd not had the strength to handle the force, he'd probably have been pulled off the side of the train by his own web in the first strand or two. For that matter, Green Goblin was able to break through a whole lot of his web in the first movie, and Pete was pretty evenly matched with him strengthwise if not stronger. Whatever else was involved in that scene, Pete's body was still the linchpin on the whole thing, and there's no way he stopped the train without in some way being strong enough to stop the train; the physics of his position and the elasticity of his web helped, but not enough to say he's not strong enough to stop a train. Mostly they just cover for the fact that he in no way has enough personal mass to be more than a bug on a windshield in that situation.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Thank you.
    You're welcome man. Got another one too.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

That's fair, I had forgotten he was gripping the webbing. My brain was thinking it was all still attached to his gross webbing... glands? Lol.

Still, the train in question was 6 cars in length? Likely 200 tons. The effort knocked him unconscious and took a huuuge length of track and an emergency stop wall to finally halt its momentum. He in fact tried to just brute strength it moments before using his webbing but had to leap up and nurse an apparent leg strain. So, while its absolutely more of a strength feat then I initially argued, I maintain a healthy dose of it's success can be attributed to his webbing and durability. Heck, even "grip strength" gets extra weird to calculate when you remember the guy has super spider sticky hands or whatever on top of regular grip strength.

It's a really good feat, but still not enough to bridge the gap on Diana.

Superman can drag a 24,000 ton ice breaking ship with no apparent strain. Diana can force the guy to take a step and get serious. Briefly restrain Doomsday as well who was at points rag dolling Clark. At one point even blocking the blunt force of his punches with her weapon and ceding no ground to the impact.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

200 tons moving really really fast is a whole lot more than 200 tons of force.

Edit: Mind you, this isn't to say that it's on par with anything Superman does, just that you're wrong about it not being a strength feat. Based on your number of 200 tons, and given that he takes about a minute to stop it and it's going somewhere between 80mph and 120 mph, I think he exerted somewhere between 270 and 400 tons of force consistently against it, but I should note here that my physics is terrible and shouldn't be trusted. I only note this because I'm pretty sure it's not any lower than that.

Heck, even "grip strength" gets extra weird to calculate when you remember the guy has super spider sticky hands or whatever on top of regular grip strength.
    Not really. Again, there's tons of evidence right in the scene that nothing is adhering to his hands. And even if it was, it would still break his grip AND he wouldn't be able to curl his arm, which he does.

He in fact tried to just brute strength it moments before using his webbing but had to leap up and nurse an apparent leg strain.
    He had to leap up because it wasn't working because the tracks didn't have the strength to let him slow down the train. This is blatantly obvious because they were breaking and accomplishing nothing. He like, made his leg uncomfortable, sure, but he wasn't remotely injured, just sore for like two seconds.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 12-20-2018 at 09:22 PM.

I noted it to be "leg strain" not a snapped bone or anything. Still it implies effort.

And why exactly are we tossing out his sticky fingers adding to his grip strength? Could be adhering his fingers and palm together or to the base of the web. The web falling free like 1 second after passing out makes sense because it's a thought activated power, otherwise he would stick to everything constantly. He loses consciousness and they stop being adhered to.

Like I said, it's absolutely a better strength feat then I initially suggested it was, but if you feel he was legit juat brute strengthing it and straight up curling 400 tons, then now you have the unenviable task of finding a single other feat to back that up.

400 tons is like the largest super dump truck on earth with a full load. Raimi Spiderman having a trilogy to work with should have enough screen time to back that up as a non outlier right? *

I feel the effort involved (losing consciousness), the nature of his powers, the durability of the guy, the strength of his webbing, the length of track as well as the emergency stop block all suggest it was less a brute strength thing and more a combination of factors. Impressive ones! But not pure strength ones. Mileage may vary, and clearly does ^_^

* IIRC, the second heaviest thing he held was the broken wall of a warehouse at the end of that same movie. In it he is clearly straining and admits that it is "really heavy". That chunk of wall is hard to gauge the weight of, but I doubt more than 20 tons.
    - big_adventure