Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MCU Cap vs MCU Emily Blonsky

Pre Abomination for Blonsky off course, with Super Soldier Serum.

1. Blonsky has his weapons, Cap his shield.

2. Unarmed

Blonksky gets wrecked every time in round 2.

Maybe he can take 1 or 2 out of 10 with guns but...Cap just has way more and better feats.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Hulk can't tag Blonsky unless the dude literally stops moving, so fight 2 might take Cap a while to finally win.

Scenario 1 has Blonsky with a rapid fire grenade launcher. In the Arena, this is actually a really decent weapon to spam and get some wins with.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Forgot about the grenade launcher. That’ll do better than guns.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Swiss army nerd

I think that Hulk movie explicitly states that Blonsky's serum is an inferior attempt at making Steve's, or a lower dose of it? Either way, he's not got cap's physical stats. Even if he did, cap is a better fighter so he loses round 2 hard.

Round one, I'm confident enough in Steve's ability to dodge grenade and gunfire will closing the gap, using the shield, that he can take Blonsky every time. Grenade launcher is great but I don't think it's beyond Steve's ability to survive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    I think that Hulk movie explicitly states that Blonsky's serum is an inferior attempt at making Steve's, or a lower dose of it? Either way, he's not got cap's physical stats. Even if he did, cap is a better fighter so he loses round 2 hard.

Round one, I'm confident enough in Steve's ability to dodge grenade and gunfire will closing the gap, using the shield, that he can take Blonsky every time. Grenade launcher is great but I don't think it's beyond Steve's ability to survive at all.
    Statements arent feats is the problem. Dude was outpacing soldiers in the same way Cap, Bucky and Panther did. He was casually avoiding the Hulk.

Durability? Dude survived (in EXTREMELY bad condition) a point blank strike from Hulk which is beyond Steve's Chitauri weapon durability.

Strength is the only thing with a big question mark on it. Im guessing Steve blows him out of the water here.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Strength and durability is where Steve's Serum shines, but Blonsky's healing factor is bananas in comparison.

Steve recovered from several gunshot wounds in a a few days or so. Emile got most of his bones shattered and recovered quite quickly.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Statements arent feats is the problem. Dude was outpacing soldiers in the same way Cap, Bucky and Panther did. He was casually avoiding the Hulk.

Durability? Dude survived (in EXTREMELY bad condition) a point blank strike from Hulk which is beyond Steve's Chitauri weapon durability.

Strength is the only thing with a big question mark on it. Im guessing Steve blows him out of the water here.
    We also Steve survive a point blank strike from Thanos. After literally fighting in a war. That should count for something in the “durability” category.

Swiss army nerd

I feel like Hulk's strength in the Norton movie was his lowest showing in the MCU, too. I mean, he still wrecked Blonsky with one kick, but if that was, say, Ragnarok Hulk, Blonsky would have probably ripped right around that tree. Steve, on the other hand, took the Thanos hit point blank, when we'd seen Thanos manhandle post-Ragnarok Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    We also Steve survive a point blank strike from Thanos. After literally fighting in a war. That should count for something in the “durability” category.
    eh, that's more plot based shennanigans

Like saying he "survived" the power stone blast because at full strength it destroys planets.

Steve's taken shots from other peak humans, IM, and Loki and equated himself well. I don't think Blonsky touches him hand to hand.

Grenade launcher from an elite veteran soldier seems more problematic
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Also, massive asterisk in that Thanos probably didn't intend to kill Steve at all, given by the fact that every other Avenger, who were subjects of direct Infinity Stone effects, also survived. Thanos basically looked on in curiosity at the human for a moment, then gave him the equivalent of a love tap.

While the Hulk is... the Hulk. While it may be arguable whether or not the Hulk intends to kill or seriously injure anyone or not, he would, almost by definition, be significantly less restrained.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post

The Serum Emil Got was a discount version of Steve’s as they tried different chemicals. Makes sense as the original inventor and Howard Stark, the two guys who knew how to do this stuff, were dead by Nietin Hulk time.

So naturally that serum is nothing like original.

Emil could win the first some due to his gun,

Wagering on Steve in round 2.

Two ways of looking at it: Twicksters way, which seems most logical. Or that Steve straight up survived an actual legit punch.

My money is on that second one being a massive outlier.
    - big_adventure

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    eh, that's more plot based shennanigans

Like saying he "survived" the power stone blast because at full strength it destroys planets.

Steve's taken shots from other peak humans, IM, and Loki and equated himself well. I don't think Blonsky touches him hand to hand.

Grenade launcher from an elite veteran soldier seems more problematic
    I’m not saying it’s better than Blonsky surviving a Hulk Smash. Just that the love tap from Thanos is likely Steve’s best durability feat by a wide margin.

Plus, given that Cap has his shield, I’d say it’s fairly likely that Steve can keep his distance until Blonsky runs out of ammo or can tank a shot or 2 to close the distance before finishing him off.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Why is everyone trailing about Emil Blonsky rather than Emily Blonsky?

That being said, I would give it to Cap in hand to hand just due to having more feats to work off of, but a Grenade Launcher doesn't really need to hit someone directly to severely damage them, and the shield shouldn't really be big enough to protect Cap from an explosion that starts several feet away from him.