Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default Shang Bu Huan (Thunderbolt Fantasy) vs Dracula (Netflix Castlevania)

No Sorcerous Sword Index for Shang, just his usual wooden sword. I don't believe Netflix Drac has demonstrated any flying ability, but no flying in any case.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Shang is capable of cleaning through people with his cape, the Sword is just to fool people and has hit a guy so hard in chest with a stick, his rips broke so hard the bones pop out along with his spine.

Yep, I just wanted to specify no index because otherwise this is just "Shang sends Dracula to the other side of the universe and calls it a day"

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

i've been hesitant about using Thunderbolt Fantasy characters on Rumbles because the puppet medium makes it very difficult to accurately gauge their abilities.

I think he can certainly mess with Dracula a bit but I don't know if I believe that he can put him down permanently. Dracula is faster, physically stronger and has a vastly superior range game and raw durability.

Drac will know he's been in a fight but I don't see Shang winning this.

I don't know that his durability feats in Netflix Castlevania are THAT great (though he's certainly fire resistant), and Shang can at least cut through solid stone a good distance away with just the shockwave of one of his attacks (or maybe the extended ki blade he hit the guy with; it's hard to tell), which should be plenty enough to do damage here. Netflix Drac didn't seem especially immune to death either; staking appeared to ten count the guy, and cutting off his head dusted him.

I don't think that feats in Thunderbolt Fantasy are that unclear, though the number of jump cuts makes it kind of hard to see the action sometimes. Certainly Gale and Bones collided hard enough to send a dust cloud into space (not that I'm suggesting that has any bearing on Shang, since he hasn't fought the guy), and they've had lots of other things here and there. The fight between Bones of Creation and Enigmatic Gale has quite a few, really.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 12-15-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Really, with Richter (who is rather pointedly shown to be not that superstrong, if at all, when trying to clear fallen rubble) being able to stab the guy, I think there's a case to be made here for compartmentalized durability.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Really, with Richter (who is rather pointedly shown to be not that superstrong, if at all, when trying to clear fallen rubble) being able to stab the guy, I think there's a case to be made here for compartmentalized durability.
    Trevor.

Dude's name is Trevor. Dracula is definitely faster given how he handled Alucard. He's fireproof to a stupid degree and can resist holy damage like the Morningstar without issue.

I'm not seeing Shang get the win myself.

They're all "Belmont" to me. Just be glad I'm not calling him Simon.

And again, there's a solid case for compartmentalized durability here. Treffy couldn't even stagger the guy with punches and was able to stab him pretty deep with a thin pointy stick just fine.

As for speed.... eeeeh, I find that feat a bit suspect. Alucard doesn't appear to have the reflexes to keep up with his own speed, and just moves in stops and starts. Drac pretty much just took advantage of that and grabbed the guy when he had at least a full second to react. In fact, even Trechtor seemed to do better, since he just turned around and attacked behind the instant he couldn't see Alucard.

Rather, even if Alucard has the reflexes to keep up with his own speed, what Dracula did was the equivalent of a non-speedster tripping a speedster.

Edit: I missed a golden opportunity here to go full "Castlevania kills Draculas and doesnt afraid of anything" here, and now I'm sad.