Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What if somehow..someway...Anya Eisenhardt was still alive?

Like resurrected by Sinister or High Evolutionary.
    What would her psychological impact be on Magneto? Would she be a mutant? Would she better served as a villain or a face? Would she be pro mutant rights or something less?

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

She would be an omega-level telepath and the next Phoenix host.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    She would be an omega-level telepath and the next Phoenix host.
    Based off the last decade, I can already see the X-office plotting out this idea

With Lorna finally acknowledged as Magneto's daughter, this could open up some interesting possibilities. Wanda and Pietro would have to be restored as Magneto's kids too before doing it, of course.

Here's how I personally see a potential roadmap to Anya's eventual return.

• Wanda and Pietro restored as Magneto's kids
    • Event heavily focused on Genosha (at first thought Lorna-centric Genosha bit, but whole family would be better)
    • Zaladane "returns," proven to either not be part of the family, or only related to Lorna on mother's side
    • Big event where Anya at least appears to be alive

Some time before the big Anya event, you'd have the ties of Crystal, Luna, Wiccan and Speed utilized, and get more insight into both Lorna's mother Suzanna and her foster parents. The Anya event would be a pretty powerful look into Magneto, but it would also bring about some serious reevaluation by all the family members as far as how they all fit together as a complex family with complicated pasts.

Lastly, I could see this all building up to a Magnus vs Summers families event. A roadmap such as this would undoubtedly take a decade or more for it to be done right. Considering that, IF (ginormous if) Marvel were to make up for lost time with Lorna and give her proper respect and use for that decade or more, then by the time a "Magnus vs Summers families" event were to happen, Lorna and Havok just might be able to have big moments together without those moments screwing Lorna over.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    With Lorna finally acknowledged as Magneto's daughter, this could open up some interesting possibilities. Wanda and Pietro would have to be restored as Magneto's kids too before doing it, of course.

Here's how I personally see a potential roadmap to Anya's eventual return.

• Wanda and Pietro restored as Magneto's kids
    • Event heavily focused on Genosha (at first thought Lorna-centric Genosha bit, but whole family would be better)
    • Zaladane "returns," proven to either not be part of the family, or only related to Lorna on mother's side
    • Big event where Anya at least appears to be alive

Some time before the big Anya event, you'd have the ties of Crystal, Luna, Wiccan and Speed utilized, and get more insight into both Lorna's mother Suzanna and her foster parents. The Anya event would be a pretty powerful look into Magneto, but it would also bring about some serious reevaluation by all the family members as far as how they all fit together as a complex family with complicated pasts.

Lastly, I could see this all building up to a Magnus vs Summers families event.
    A roadmap such as this would undoubtedly take a decade or more for it to be done right. Considering that, IF (ginormous if) Marvel were to make up for lost time with Lorna and give her proper respect and use for that decade or more, then by the time a "Magnus vs Summers families" event were to happen, Lorna and Havok just might be able to have big moments together without those moments screwing Lorna over.
    Which type?
    And you forgot weapon X "family.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Which type?
    And you forgot weapon X "family.
    I'm not sure what you mean by which type.

Good point on the Weapon X family, though I kinda feel like they would be at a severe disadvantage given most of them have metal. Unless we take a "rock paper scissors" approach.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

One word: "Anya-lation."

Details to come.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Lol, the next big crossover!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Nope. Doesnt fly.

I have a few ideas percolating, as well as some idea of what Anya looks like now.

But to answer the obvious question, yes, she would be a mutant. Like Franklin Richards, subtle signs of her powers manifested well before puberty, but neither Erik, nor his wife noticed. The near death experience, of course, brought her full power to the fore.

Anya did burn in the fire. Let's be clear about that. Magneto's memory of that event and every soul-wrenching detail is unchanged. But what truly became of Anya in the firestorm is where the 2-3 plot twists that I'm entertaining diverge. I'm also not entirely sure that Anya even wants to see her father again.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Eileen Harsaw is his kid

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I have a few ideas percolating, as well as some idea of what Anya looks like now.

But to answer the obvious question, yes, she would be a mutant. Like Franklin Richards, subtle signs of her powers manifested well before puberty, but neither Erik, nor his wife noticed. The near death experience, of course, brought her full power to the fore.

Anya did burn in the fire. Let's be clear about that. Magneto's memory of that event and every soul-wrenching detail is unchanged. But what truly became of Anya in the firestorm is where the 2-3 plot twists that I'm entertaining diverge. I'm also not entirely sure that Anya even wants to see her father again.
    There's room in that idea for Anya to be the "heart" of the Magnus family. She would practically be a brand new character since her adult self would have changed so much, meaning she could fill any role needed. As I'm not a Magneto fan, I don't know if this idea would fit him or not, but I believe of what I've seen that Anya's death was more or less the point where Magneto became more vicious and cruel in pursuit of his goals. If I'm right on that, Anya could represent the faith he lost - meaning she would greatly disapprove of the man he's become. From there, you would have a real struggle on Magneto's part to reconcile his past actions with who he "should" be in Anya's eyes, and struggling with not giving in to the dark impulses he's built up over decades out of his sense of loss.

Such a role is something I don't think would fit Lorna, Wanda or Pietro at all. None of them have the kind of "purity" that someone would need as the "heart" of a group, as they've all had extremely dark moments. And I think at times Marvel has thought Lorna would fit such a role when she really doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    There's room in that idea for Anya to be the "heart" of the Magnus family. She would practically be a brand new character since her adult self would have changed so much, meaning she could fill any role needed. As I'm not a Magneto fan, I don't know if this idea would fit him or not, but I believe of what I've seen that Anya's death was more or less the point where Magneto became more vicious and cruel in pursuit of his goals. If I'm right on that, Anya could represent the faith he lost - meaning she would greatly disapprove of the man he's become. From there, you would have a real struggle on Magneto's part to reconcile his past actions with who he "should" be in Anya's eyes, and struggling with not giving in to the dark impulses he's built up over decades out of his sense of loss. Such a role is something I don't think would fit Lorna, Wanda or Pietro at all. None of them have the kind of "purity" that someone would need as the "heart" of a group, as they've all had extremely dark moments. And I think at times Marvel has thought Lorna would fit such a role when she really doesn't.
    As I understand it, Anya's death is what caused Magneto's powers to reach their full potential. Without that trauma, he'd probably be relatively benign.

One of the plot twists that I'm entertaining centers on the fact that someone... or something... needed Erik to become the all-powerful and insanely vindictive killer that he's become. What happened to Anya was no accident. Said person... or entity... may be responsible for manipulating Anya into starting the fire that led to her death.

The second plot twist also centers on the importance of Anya's death, which is when Erik becomes Magneto. As with every major cosmic event of importance, a Watcher is always present. Uatu is present when Anya dies and Erik blanks out and slaughters those who kept him from saving her. The second twist deals with what happens when Uatu realizes that Anya, enveloped in flames, can see him. She cries out to him for aid. She doesn't understand how he can be so stoically detached; she envies him that. But Uatu isn't completely dispassionate and unaffected. A child is dying right before his very eyes. He teeters between action and inaction, but then Anya's mutant ability kicks in and some interesting things happen between Uatu and Anya that he never anticipated. She lives as a consequence, but forever changed.

The third plot twist is predicated on Anya's mutant ability. Unlike the above twists, Anya's mutant power is squarely seated in musings about the Gaia hypothesis. With Magneto being a living embodiment of the Unified Theory of Electromagnetism, I figured his first born should also have some kind of lofty, interconnected power. And so Anya does. She did perish in the fire, but she was somehow able to tap into the Earth's Gaia complex in order to live on in another form -- either as another organism, or sentient inorganic matter. Her powers link her to Magneto and many of her siblings. She is in the magnetic fields that Polaris summons, and the wind in Pietro's ears when he runs, and even the tint and tinge of Order that grounds Wanda's Chaos magic. Even other X-Men, like Storm, have felt her presence without knowing it. And Anya is always with Magneto, even though he doesn't know it. When this truth is finally revealed to Erik, he is crushed. He's ashamed of what he's become. But he's too far gone to turn back. Or is he? Does knowing that Anya is still alive change him?

~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I does surprise me that they have not done this to be honest. It would take nothing for someone like Eva Bell to jump back and grab her out of the fire while still letting Magento think she had died. It would be interesting to see Magneto as a father to a young one and also giving Lorna a new sister.