Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I think Magneto's Holocaust story supersedes the Anya story to the point that her revival could be permanent. From my POV as someone who's not a Magneto fan, my understanding is that the Holocaust primed Magneto for his turning point at Anya's death. Anya's death may have been the breaking point, but without the Holocaust, he wouldn't have been steeped in the kind of attitude that led to his breaking. The Holocaust is also what the general public knows better.
    It depends how the writer would bring back Anya imo. I agree with you, that The Holocaust is better known, from my pov, The Holocaust sowed the seeds of Magneto while Anya´s death harvested them, as JudicatorPrime said, it just isn´t the same for Max the child/young man to survive an horrific sitation such as the Holocaust with his life and future, and the woman he loves as a big possibility, to Magnus/Max the adult who lost his child in such a way, Anya was the symbol of the hope and peace after the storm, for him and Magda, she was the new family they made with their love, losing her like that and finding out that he had such powers that scared his wife off like that, it made him think that maybe there really was something inhuman in him, something not fit for normal society, he didn´t even know what a mutant was, so it was possible that he did believe Magda when she said he had become a "monster", even if he saw the injustice of his child being killed over him being a "monster". the day Anya died is the day Magneto was born imo.

I agree Anya´s revival could be permanent, but for this to happen the writer would have to address what this means for Magneto´s character too, and not just keep him the same by having Anya hate him like Wanda and Pietro do.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-20-2018 at 09:31 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Her name is Zaladane now.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

EDIT: I feel like if you haven't read X-Men: Magneto Testament you might've missed out on his experiences in the camp. So if yA got time check out that 5-part origin story, that'll make you cry, gasp, angry, and finally sympathetic

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Nope. Doesnt fly.
    Errrrr why not. Ifkt had an interesting "hook" in that Anya was a reg human and how her and Magdas normality put a weird complex on their family Dynamics . While still keeping in line with the 616 Magneto's thinking

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    As I understand it, Anya's death is what caused Magneto's powers to reach their full potential. Without that trauma, he'd probably be relatively benign.
    Where are you getting this information from??
    The second plot twist also centers on the importance of Anya's death, which is when Erik becomes Magneto.
    Ehhh Max becomes Magneto isn't one single moment... Magneto was being formed and began gestation when Max was in the camps Would there be a Magneto if he hadn't lived through the Holocaust before losing Anya More than likely No...And in the sorta classicWhat if!96 kinda proves that there would still be a Magneto if she had lived
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I does surprise me that they have not done this to be honest. It would take nothing for someone like Eva Bell to jump back and grab her out of the fire while still letting Magento think she had died.
    Errrrr why would someone especially a "hero" do that to a father?? Sounds insane....

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It would be interesting to see Magneto as a father to a young one and also giving Lorna a new sister.
    What kinda hero's would let a Super-Villian raise a lil girl? lol you got some kooky ideas

If she was alive, it would be one of the biggest game changers in X history. More than Cable being Cyclops son to whitewash his betrayal of Maddie..more than Vulcan being the third Summers brother..more than that silliness from Morrison with Cassandra Nova being Xavier's sister....
    How? Magneto doesn't hold much sway as a "Mutant influencer" anymore. Not half of a Mutant power couple...Doesn't have school,No BrotherHood, Acolytes are Exodus now, NO Asteroid M, Avalon, Genosha, He's a henchmen for X-Man

The death of Anya combined with his wife leaving twisted the soul of Magneto. When his wife turned him for using ability for Vengeance...he was never really the same.
    Nooot sure saying a Concentration Camp survivor "finally" Lost it after his kid dies And his wife runs away from him. Can you see how that might be a taaaad disrespectful? He mentions Anya's death significantly less times than his holocaust experience it seems people are confusing the "Age of Apocalypse" movie with the 616 universe

So her popping up and existing changes his entire dynamic...and what she would mean to Lorna and Wanda in particular.
    Again how? He was a grey villian when he discovered Anya's siblings and continued on his role opposing the X-Men....Finds out Polaris is his kid annnnd doesn't alter his own shady plans....
    Why would Anya's appearance be any different?
    She'd probably mean as much to Lorna and Wanda as the 2 ladies mean to each other

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    It depends how the writer would bring back Anya imo. I agree with you, that The Holocaust is better known, from my pov, The Holocaust sowed the seeds of Magneto while Anya´s death harvested them, as JudicatorPrime said, it just isn´t the same for Max the child/young man to survive an horrific sitation such as the Holocaust with his life and future, and the woman he loves as a big possibility,
    Hmmmm I don't know... perhaps seeing sh!t like this on a daily basis ate away at Max until Magneto was what was left...

to Magnus/Max the adult who lost his child in such a way, Anya was the symbol of the hope and peace after the storm, for him and Magda, she was the new family they made with their love, the day Anya died is the day Magneto was born imo.
    Why? In what issue did you read where you went Yup....THIS is the straw that broke Magnetos back? In the 30 years since her 1st comic appearance she's been in 12 issues. Seriously think people are just talking about the movie.

the writer would have to address what this means for Magneto´s character too, and not just keep him the same by having Anya hate him like Wanda and Pietro do.
    It would be SOOOOO poignant for Magneto's character since it would be the 4th time is happened to him lol

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I think Magneto's Holocaust story supersedes the Anya story to the point that her revival could be permanent. From my POV as someone who's not a Magneto fan, my understanding is that the Holocaust primed Magneto for his turning point at Anya's death. Anya's death may have been the breaking point, but without the Holocaust, he wouldn't have been steeped in the kind of attitude that led to his breaking. The Holocaust is also what the general public knows better.
    On my God!! Sanity

I tend to forget how old Erik was when he was in the Concentration camp -- primarily because there's been some revisionism with Marvel and MCU versions of Magneto. If he was young enough, he may not quite have fully understood the scope of what was going on around him. At least not the same way that he would as an adult.
    Uh that **** was terrrrible man. Kids knew what was up....I've seen many survivors of the Holocaust tell of trying to distract..or recognizing an adult trying to distract them from what was going on but in the end They knew. He was a young teenager during the Holocaust anyway. He got a "job" at the camp disposing the ashes of the People. They. Burned. Everyday. to single out the death one person even if its his kid as some Brain Breaking event is silly considering....

I think that's why Anya's death registers more than anything else. The Concentration camp, as heinous as that was, was merely the primer for the deepest cut yet to come. God bless them, I've seen children recover from all manner of trauma. Their capacity to heal is nothing short of miraculous. But being a grown man, there's no part of Erik's being that could absorb, forget, heal over, or recover from Anya's death. Not really. Imagine living a life with that raw nerve constantly exposed.
    Considering he spent maaaaybe 4 years with her 60-70 years ago I'd say he's not a weeping willow...And he has THREE oher kids...+ three grandchildren. Why would you spend more time than needed mourning over the death of one kid when thousands of Mutant kids are threatened to with the same genocidal thinking you were subject to. In all honesty I think if anything the death of Anya persuaded Magneto to adopt Mutant kind as his kid and do whatever it took to prevent 'HIS PEOPLE' from going through another genocide.
    I feel Magneto is a man not into nepotism, but pride and loyalty....I mean look at what he did to hz to only son....

:
    Last edited by BroHomo; 12-21-2018 at 08:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    EDIT: I feel like if you haven't read X-Men: Magneto Testament you might've missed out on his experiences in the camp. So if yA got time check out that 5-part origin story, that'll make you cry, gasp, angry, and finally sympathetic

Errrrr why not. Ifkt had an interesting "hook" in that Anya was a reg human and how her and Magdas normality put a weird complex on their family Dynamics . While still keeping in line with the 616 Magneto's thinking

Where are you getting this information from??

Ehhh Max becomes Magneto isn't one single moment... Magneto was being formed and began gestation when Max was in the camps Would there be a Magneto if he hadn't lived through the Holocaust before losing Anya More than likely No...And in the sorta classicWhat if!96 kinda proves that there would still be a Magneto if she had lived

Errrrr why would someone especially a "hero" do that to a father?? Sounds insane....

What kinda hero's would let a Super-Villian raise a lil girl? lol you got some kooky ideas

How? Magneto doesn't hold much sway as a "Mutant influencer" anymore. Not half of a Mutant power couple...Doesn't have school,No BrotherHood, Acolytes are Exodus now, NO Asteroid M, Avalon, Genosha, He's a henchmen for X-Man

Nooot sure saying a Concentration Camp survivor "finally" Lost it after his kid dies And his wife runs away from him. Can you see how that might be a taaaad disrespectful? He mentions Anya's death significantly less times than his holocaust experience it seems people are confusing the "Age of Apocalypse" movie with the 616 universe

Again how? He was a grey villian when he discovered Anya's siblings and continued on his role opposing the X-Men....Finds out Polaris is his kid annnnd doesn't alter his own shady plans....
    Why would Anya's appearance be any different?
    She'd probably mean as much to Lorna and Wanda as the 2 ladies mean to each other

Hmmmm I don't know... perhaps seeing sh!t like this on a daily basis ate away at Max until Magneto was what was left...

Why? In what issue did you read where you went Yup....THIS is the straw that broke Magnetos back? In the 30 years since her 1st comic appearance she's been in 12 issues. Seriously think people are just talking about the movie.

It would be SOOOOO poignant for Magneto's character since it would be the 4th time is happened to him lol

On my God!! Sanity

Uh that **** was terrrrible man. Kids knew what was up....I've seen many survivors of the Holocaust tell of trying to distract..or recognizing an adult trying to distract them from what was going on but in the end They knew. He was a young teenager during the Holocaust anyway. He got a "job" at the camp disposing the ashes of the People. They. Burned. Everyday. to single out the death one person even if its his kid as some Brain Breaking event is silly considering....

Considering he spent maaaaybe 4 years with her 60-70 years ago I'd say he's not a weeping willow...And he has THREE oher kids...+ three grandchildren. Why would you spend more time than needed mourning over the death of one kid when thousands of Mutant kids are threatened to with the same genocidal thinking you were subject to. In all honesty I think if anything the death of Anya persuaded Magneto to adopt Mutant kind as his kid and do whatever it took to prevent 'HIS PEOPLE' from going through another genocide.
    I feel Magneto is a man not into nepotism, but pride and loyalty....I mean look at what he did to hz to only son....

:
    Magneto, the most feared and infamous mutant in history, isnt a mutant influencer anymore? Sounds like fan fiction to me.

His plans arent shady for one..and he knew about Lorna before the twins so that doesnt even make any sense.

And his only son? He's usually worthless and stands for nothing..in that very scan, he was hiding and cowering and using Magneto as a scapegoat for his own cowardice. His daughter Luna is 10x the hero he acclaims to be.
    Last edited by MichelleDiMera; 12-21-2018 at 08:25 AM.

BroHomo yes, I read Magneto Testament, in fact, I read Chris Claremont original version of his origin, from which other writers took the story to make his origin in the movie, to make the Nina Gorsky story and also to develop and expand the entire Magneto Testament story.

But his origin doesn´t ends with Magneto Testament, then we have "A Fire in the Night" story by Claremont: Magda and Max got married and healed as much as they could.

My pov is that it´s different to be told off by people you know that hate you, than by the people you love, and this is what happened to Max with Magda, she was just like him, she was a holocaust survivor, but even she got scared by what he did, in a moment of anger and neither of them even knew what a mutant was, so there was no explanation or reason why he could do that.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-21-2018 at 05:45 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

It´s actually interesting how even after this, Max now called Erik Lensher because he went looking for Magda without being able of finding her, tried once again to do something good, but this time he tried to keep to himself, he didn´t try to marry again, in part because he still loved Magda, but also because he feel alienated from other ppl.

And about why I believe an alive Anya could potentially have a really strong impact on Magneto, well, while I believe Magnus loves in his own way Pietro, Wanda and Lorna? he could not raise either of them the way he raised Anya,before things went so bad for him and Magda.

because he meet them as young adults, when he was mentally unstable, and while he meet Lorna when she was a child, he could argue that it was better for her to grow in a normal family, and not with him when he already had become Magneto and had too much bagage to properly care for Lorna.

The Red Dragon

Like resurrected by Sinister or High Evolutionary.
    What would her psychological impact be on Magneto? Would she be a mutant? Would she better served as a villain or a face? Would she be pro mutant rights or something less?
    I think she would serve better as a face.

I think that in a good writer hands a grow up Anya could be very interesting because she could add a fresh perspective to the X-men debate, we don´t know if she was really human or mutant, and to her family.

BroHomo yes, I read Magneto Testament, in fact, I read Chris Claremont original version of his origin, from which other writers took the story to make his origin in the movie, to make the Nina Gorsky story and also to develop and expand the entire Magneto Testament story.

But his origin doesn´t ends with Magneto Testament, then we have "A Fire in the Night" story by Claremont: Magda and Max got married and healed as much as they could.

My pov is that it´s different to be told off by people you know that hate you, than by the people you love, and this is what happened to Max with Magda, she was just like him, she was a holocaust survivor, but even she got scared by what he did, in a moment of anger and neither of them even knew what a mutant was, so there was no explanation or reason why he could do that.
    Ugh well no Fair bringing Claremont in...lol but FrFr Claremonts KILLS it (no pun intended)Jeez you can tell he was on FIRE (lol). No I hadn't read this story and I can totally see the justification in placing Anya's death as a major turning point for Magneto's psyche. *Well Done*
    I think that in a good writer hands a grow up Anya could be very interesting because she could add a fresh perspective to the X-men debate, we don´t know if she was really human or mutant, and to her family.
    I still see no truth in this idea tho. It's as if X-Men will one day morph into its own dysgenic legacy like in the Idiocracy film as the same XFamilys breed, deage, grow older, time travel etc. Magneto gas enough kids to ain't take care of lol. We already got a Magneto offspring born "human" then something else...etc and lest we forget whatever the F^ck Wiccan and Speed see supposed to be this year

Ugh well no Fair bringing Claremont in...lol but FrFr Claremonts KILLS it (no pun intended)Jeez you can tell he was on FIRE (lol). No I hadn't read this story and I can totally see the justification in placing Anya's death as a major turning point for Magneto's psyche. *Well Done*
    You made me bring him that gentleman is evil to his favourite characters.

I still see no truth in this idea tho. It's as if X-Men will one day morph into its own dysgenic legacy like in the Idiocracy film as the same XFamilys breed, deage, grow older, time travel etc. Magneto gas enough kids to ain't take care of lol. We already got a Magneto offspring born "human" then something else...etc and lest we forget whatever the F^ck Wiccan and Speed see supposed to be this year
    Yes its true Luna was born a normal human being and marvel already made an entire crossover about it but Luna was a baby, if Anya is alive someway, she would be an adult, someone with her own perspective on things which imo could bring something new to the mutant/human debate. But it really depends on how the writer would tackle this in this story will Anya be a small child or a grow up character, and what part could she play in the future, I agree it´s hard to have her around with so many characters already related to Magneto, but then a good writer could do something really good with this idea, considering the impact she could have on Magneto himself.

I miss Wiccan and Speed, I hope marvel does something with them soon.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-21-2018 at 10:44 PM.

You made me bring him that gentleman is evil to his favourite characters.

Yes its true Luna was born a normal human being and marvel already made an entire crossover about it but Luna was a baby, if Anya is alive someway, she would be an adult, someone with her own perspective on things which imo could bring something new to the mutant/human debate. But it really depends on how the writer would tackle this in this story will Anya be a small child or a grow up character, and what part could she play in the future, I agree it´s hard to have her around with so many characters already related to Magneto, but then a good writer could do something really good with this idea, considering the impact she could have on Magneto himself.
    Ugh I hadn't thought about that.
    Well I'm done for the night. You've won.
    *Does a Psylocke Bow*

Ugh I hadn't thought about that.
    Well I'm done for the night. You've won.
    *Does a Psylocke Bow*
    "bow to psylocke"

Good night

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

To bob or not to bob? That is the question. Still playing around with the possibilities...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin