Astonishing Member

Default Mysterio vs. Cass Cain

Who would between Mysterio and Cass Cain if both sides had 6 months prep time?

I'm not sure what Cass could even meaningfully do with 6 months of prep time. Meanwhile Mysterio is going to have all kinds of multi sensory distorting nonsense ready to go at the moment of fight start.

Astonishing Member

Yeah this is a bad matchup for Cass.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah, Cass is not looking good, here. And by not looking good, I mean she loses.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

How against the rules would be if Cass used the 6 months of prep to ask for driving lessons from the Bat-family and showed in one of the Bat-vehicles after it's been equipped to protect against gas attacks and scan through holograms?

Because it's definitely against the rules but it's the first image that popped into my head here.

...I'll note that I'm simply terrified of the idea of Cass trying to fly the bat-plane in the arena.

Bruce would probably have an aneurysm at the thought.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...I'll note that I'm simply terrified of the idea of Cass trying to fly the bat-plane in the arena.

Bruce would probably have an aneurysm at the thought.
    Steph would cheer her on.

"Blast him to smithereens Cass! And try to not die in a crash!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Good one. ^_^

What's extremely likely is that we get a tie when (not 'if') Cass crashes the plane and everything explodes...
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

If it's in an arena, Cass could probably chuck a massively powerful grenade or two at him before he can get any of his gimmicks activated, though whether it would reach him before he can assure mutual destruction is a different thing entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    If it's in an arena, Cass could probably chuck a massively powerful grenade or two at him before he can get any of his gimmicks activated, though whether it would reach him before he can assure mutual destruction is a different thing entirely.
    Point. We've had it noted before that 'Prep' doesn't mean 'Can mess up the arena pre-match'. Mysterio starts with his personal stuff active, he can have stuff to activate the moment he can manage such, etc. But he doesn't have the entire place wired from the get-go.

And Cass can certainly show up with a 'massively powerful grenade' or the like.

I'm still kind of leery of Cass taking this, as Mysterio can certainly have all kinds of holoprojectors around himself and start completely invisible with white-noise garbage and the like to prevent Cass from knowing where he is, exactly. She's going to need one heck of a big boom to take him out (and he probably can come with some kind of tech defenses...does he have that?).
    Why are we here?

The grenade isn't going to work. it's going to get blocked by Mysterio's massive Venom Galactus robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The grenade isn't going to work. it's going to get blocked by Mysterio's massive Venom Galactus robot.

...that'll do it, then. ^_^

I mean, we can argue she shows up with the Cass-umi gear, has all kinds of weird stuff yoinked from Bruce's Batcave that she barely knows how to use, but in the end? She can't find him, and is getting attacked by stuff that is invisible to most if not all of her senses (if it were just eyesight, no worries, but it's more than that). She doesn't have a Spider-Sense to deal with that kind of thing. Her gear just prolongs things.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

That was a robot? I was certain that it was an illusion.

Steph confirmed as an enabler?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

That was a robot? I was certain that it was an illusion.
    It's a Mysterio story. It's hard to tell for sure.