Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC LIVE: Marvel: Next Big Thing

Mark Waid, Charles Soule, and more discuss their latest Marvel works Sunday at Comic-Con in San Diego, along with an announcement or two.

Full article here.

BANNED

Oh no. Storm featured in promotional art with the SHIELD logo. Commence doom-saying.

Ugh, are those the Agents of SHIELD guys? As if Coulson and black Nick Fury weren't shoehorned enough, now we gotta deal with Mary Sue Skye?

Ultimate Member

Yes, and of course by "mary sue" you actually mean " a character that I don't like." Seriously, you shouldn't throw out tired buzz words when you clearly have no idea what they actually mean. Oh and "shoehorned," Black Nick Fury maybe. But Coulson, yeah no.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yes, and of course by "mary sue" you actually mean " a character that I don't like." Seriously, you shouldn't throw out tired buzz words when you clearly have no idea what they actually mean. Oh and "shoehorned," Black Nick Fury maybe. But Coulson, yeah no.
    That is actually her name. Which happens to fit her in the sense that she's an idealized character, the supposedly super smart girl with a mysterious tragic past that we're meant to sympathize with.

Rucka off Cyclops already! BOOOOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Rucka off Cyclops already! BOOOOO!!!
    It's meant to be artists that leave after just a few issues

I see Fitz finally gets his monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    That is actually her name. Which happens to fit her in the sense that she's an idealized character, the supposedly super smart girl with a mysterious tragic past that we're meant to sympathize with.
    Except a Mary Sue character is an idealized self-insert by a writer. Those traits you list may apply to many Mary Sue characters but they are not exclusive to them.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

These SDCC book announcements have really been underwhelming, I hope the NYCC announcements are better. I'll only be adding the Angela book to my pulls.
    We need better comics

Wow, I know a lot of internet people are going to complain about this SHIELD comic, but as someone who has a fondness for those TV characters disproportionate to the quality of their show and wishes they were consistently written well, HEY COOL, now Mark Waid is writing them! Maybe the show can take cues from this eventually... now give me a Waid/Davis Simmons!

Astonishing Member

It is HIGHLY disappointing that Rucka has left Cyclops already, but my guess is that he may be writing an (adjectiveless) X-Men relaunch. Not surprisingly, Marts brings in a creator from his era as the Batman line editor.

Also, the announcement of a SHIELD book sounds like a death knell for Secret Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    It is HIGHLY disappointing that Rucka has left Cyclops already, but my guess is that he may be writing an (adjectiveless) X-Men relaunch.

Also, the announcement of a SHIELD book sounds like a death knell for Secret Avengers.
    Yeah that makes me sad, Secret Avengers has been awesome IMO but the sales aren't that great.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    She is a Mary Sue Its her name and also she really is on. I mean she is so good she hacked into Sheild from offsite even stark had to be on a helicarrier to do that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    These SDCC book announcements have really been underwhelming, I hope the NYCC announcements are better. I'll only be adding the Angela book to my pulls.
    SDCC has really been disappointing at both Big Two. Their respective splashes were both made by the upcoming films rather than the comics, which is disappointing for THE comic book convention in the US.