Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    SDCC has really been disappointing at both Big Two. Their respective splashes were both made by the upcoming films rather than the comics, which is disappointing for THE comic book convention in the US.
    SDCC hasn't really been about comics in a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Yeah that makes me sad, Secret Avengers has been awesome IMO but the sales aren't that great.
    Ales Kot has confirmed that the series will run up to issue #15 at least, so there's still that to look forward to.

But I agree it does not bode well, sadly it doesn't seem like there's a place for both series.

Incredible Member

So they can announce a new SHIELD series but can't bother to update us on the last two issues of the previous (Hickman's)t volume?

If they wanted, Marvel could easily relaunch Secret Avengers without the S.H.I.E.L.D. connection.
    Just because the team goes on secret missions doesn't mean they have to be run by S.H.I.E.L.D. I think it would be better if the team was independent anyway.
    Relaunch with Black Widow as the team leader. The SA coul handle threats they wouldn't trust S.H.I.E.L.D. with.

Interested to hear what book Rucka had to leave Cyclops for... they were so convincing that he was the guy for the Cyclops book.

Is the female on the far right of the SHIELD cover supposed to be Simmons with a gun?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    It is HIGHLY disappointing that Rucka has left Cyclops already, but my guess is that he may be writing an (adjectiveless) X-Men relaunch. Not surprisingly, Marts brings in a creator from his era as the Batman line editor.

Also, the announcement of a SHIELD book sounds like a death knell for Secret Avengers.
    Also annoyed that Rucka is off Cyclops before the first arc is even over, when he made it out like he had big plans for the character. I honestly wish they wouldn't do writer promo at all for this short introductory runs, but that's a pipe-dream.

As much as I like Secret Avengers, these past two volumes would have sold better as SHIELD and it's nice to see Marvel acknowledging that. A pity Kot's madness might be coming to an end, but hopefully they have something else good lined up for him.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

-SHIELD sounds like it could be cool
    -I'm definitely excited for the Death of Wolverine and all of the Aftermath stories and mini-series
    -Original Sin Annual could be fun, and the Francesco Francavilla's cover is awesome
    -I have faith that Marvel has big plans for the X-men, and I'll wait for future announcements
    -Sorry to see Rucka go, but Layman is a good writer as well.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    If they wanted, Marvel could easily relaunch Secret Avengers without the S.H.I.E.L.D. connection.
    Just because the team goes on secret missions doesn't mean they have to be run by S.H.I.E.L.D. I think it would be better if the team was independent anyway.
    Relaunch with Black Widow as the team leader. The SA coul handle threats they wouldn't trust S.H.I.E.L.D. with.
    I think maybe that series has had too many relaunches. The first volume was basically what you described, but they've moved away from that and more into the SHIELD set-up lately. And with Avengers World still in the picture as a satellite book carrying over plots from Nick Spencer's run, I don't know if they'd take the risk with yet another one. I'm happy that at least it seems like Ales Kot will be able to finish off his whole story, and we'll see where it goes from there.

Ugh!
    I want less Shield in Marvel, not more.
    There's not a corner of the MU that isn't free from their grasp.

And I don't know why I'm surprised, but Marvel is really going to milk the death of Wolverine it seems.

From the Newsarama coverage of the panel. I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel gave Hawkeye his own team again given his newfound popularity, and I'd prefer to see him reunite the original Thunderbolts and leave the spy stuff to Black Widow.

Q: Any chance of the original Thunderbolts coming back or revamping the series again?

White: "Yeah, I'm sad that the current version is ending. There have been talks about what the next itteration should be and a lot of those talks have been about the original versions. I do say, we have Hawkeye in this final arc, and he's investigating what all these Thunderbolts have been up to."

Nice to know that there will be an X-men Panel at NYCC this year, but I'm a bit disappointed that Greg Rucka can't stay on Cyclops longer. I really liked how he has handled this series since it began. Usually, when a book goes through a writer change after only six issues, that's not a good sign for its longevity. I hope that means this book doesn't end too soon. It has been a lot of fun so far and I hope it continues.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    These SDCC book announcements have really been underwhelming, I hope the NYCC announcements are better. I'll only be adding the Angela book to my pulls.
    That seems to be Marvel's MO for the last 3-4 years. SDCC is basically pretty limp as far as announcement go, while NYCC is comparatively stacked. I was hoping we'd get the new Doctor Strange and Ant-Man books announced at SDCC, but it looks like it'll be NYCC. It's like Marvel has basically conceded that NYCC is the comic con that's actually about comics while SDCC isn't. Already, with the Star Wars stuff, this SDCC has been more eventful than the last two for Marvel comics announcements. And again, look at what they announced: Star Wars, a franchise based out of movies, and a SHIELD book related to the TV series - comics announcements, but ones that are intrinsically linked to other mediums.

NYCC is the real place for comic announcements these days.

But yeah, I didn't really add anything on my pull-list from Marvel or DC. DC announced nothing while I have very little interest in Star Wars or Agents of SHIELD. And I have even less interest in seeing Greg Land draw Spider-Woman on a monthly basis. And Angela does nothing for me either. I may have given it a go anyway if Gillen were writing the book solo, but he isn't. The only thing Marvel announced that I will for sure pick up is the that Remender/Opena Ultron OGN.

Oh well, at least Image actually dropped some great comics announcements. The new Remender/Murphy, Ellis/Shalvey, and Lemire/Nguyen books are must-haves for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Nice to know that there will be an X-men Panel at NYCC this year, but I'm a bit disappointed that Greg Rucka can't stay on Cyclops longer. I really liked how he has handled this series since it began. Usually, when a book goes through a writer change after only six issues, that's not a good sign for its longevity. I hope that means this book doesn't end too soon. It has been a lot of fun so far and I hope it continues.
    To me it looks like Rucka was hired to launch the series, much like Ellis in MK. It's a shame, because I really like both books.

Makes me sad that marvel is okay with books having a decent run of 30-odd issues.

Way to shoot for the stars , Marvel.

May if you had less books with a goal of having dscent runs, and aimed to have books with legendarey runs, you might have people like Eric Stephenson calling you out every other day.

I don't know maybe its just me.